View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
no-rice-peas

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 11:31:13 PM

Howdy folks,
So I have been pondering the option of a private loan. I am only creating this post now to see what kind of a response I would get here. For now, consider this only a half serious inquiry.

The purpose of this loan is to purchase a cheap second vehicle off of craigs-list. My girlfriend has recently started a new job and as it stands right now, I am in the car for 3 hours a day between Dropping her off at work, going to work myself, leaving work early every day to go pick her up, than going home (repeat).

SO, why did I come to Bitcointalk with this? A few reasons. 
1) Bitcointalk has become my homepage to the internet, I have discussed every imaginable topic here, why not this one Wink
2) I know how the crypto community loves to jump on anything with a return on investment, and now that you guys(and myself) have been scammed at every turn, I feel that 'Someone' out there may appreciate a legitimate opportunity.
3) Traditional loan methods have of coarse already been attempted. My credit report is a joke, 6 years ago I broke my wrist and spent 6 hours in a Florida ER, they proceeded to send me numerous bills totaling over 30 Grand. (Add to this the fact that the ER fucked up and did not properly re-adjust the position of my wrist before they put a cast on it, and I have sense had 5 surgery's that should of never been needed, I am still pushing for a malpractice lawsuit).
4) Yes I have looked at BTCJam as well, Ones I saw that it wanted to do a credit report I promptly closed the page.

So any and all terms would be fully negotiable. But to get us on the same page, here is the basic breakdown I had in mind.

-Total loan amount: $2,500
-Interest rate of 50% APR
-Interest accumulates every 2 weeks.
-Payments will be made regularly every 2 weeks. Perhaps a minimum payment amount of $250 per two week cycle.(Will likely be paid every week, but some understandable wiggle room would be nice).
-The entire loan amount + Interest will be fully repaid within a maximum of 5 months. (I fully plan to pay off the loan early).
-Create a simple shared Google Spreadsheet that we can keep track of all funds/payments ext.

There is absolutely no need to worry about me being a scammer. I understand that this is the largest hurdle to overcome here. If you have any interest in being my private loaner, please send me a PM and we can open a dialog. I know it is up to me to earn your trust, I will bend over backwards to prove my identity to your satisfactions. If we do go forward with the loan, than I will of coarse provide you with numerous methods to contact me (Phone#/Home Address/ If you want, even my work info).

Oh yeah, I want to add one extra twist to this potential loan.
IF...and I really mean a capitalized 'IF', by some chance the stars align and ltcgear ends up paying out its customers. Than I will Immediately repay the loan Double the current unpaid balance at that time. Don't count on it though lol.

So yeah, send me a private message if you want to talk.

Here's the problem.

I've owned lots of cars and only once did I pay more than a thousand dollars for a good running car. I don't know what city you are in so I'll pick a random one, Chicago.
99 Ford Windstar runs great $850 http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/cto/4980675816.html
2000 Ford Taurus good running car $1500 http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/cto/4980719641.html
2001 Chevy Cavalier runs and drives great $900 http://chicago.craigslist.org/sox/cto/4976469373.html
2001 Malibu runs strong $1300 http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/cto/4980715976.html

And there are a lot more under $1000.

If you claim a minimum payment of $250 every two weeks is okay then you could afford some of the cheaper cars without taking out a loan.

So my guess is that the money is for something else.

http://www.alwaysfree.nl/animation/Happy_Birthday/Party_Time_02.gif
FFrankie

Activity: 2254
Merit: 960

100% Deposit Match UP TO €5000!

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 03:21:56 AM

I like that you only have made one post per day since you joined,and since this site is your homepage here,
Opnsrc (OP)

Activity: 1064
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 01:33:42 PM

Here's the problem.

I've owned lots of cars and only once did I pay more than a thousand dollars for a good running car. I don't know what city you are in so I'll pick a random one, Chicago.
99 Ford Windstar runs great $850 http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/cto/4980675816.html
2000 Ford Taurus good running car $1500 http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/cto/4980719641.html
2001 Chevy Cavalier runs and drives great $900 http://chicago.craigslist.org/sox/cto/4976469373.html
2001 Malibu runs strong $1300 http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/cto/4980715976.html

And there are a lot more under $1000.

If you claim a minimum payment of $250 every two weeks is okay then you could afford some of the cheaper cars without taking out a loan.

So my guess is that the money is for something else.

I appreciate you going out of your way to pull up some examples. No offense, but those are some hideous looking vehicles. I put my time in with a beater already when I had my old Saturn =P

I already have a model in mind, a early 2000 Jeep grand Cherokee. Can always find a number of them listed between $1,900 and $3,200.
I already have about a grand in the bank, but I have to keep in mind the registration / Tag / and Inspection fee's(required in Massachusetts). Honestly I do not know if I will need a full $2,500 for the loan, I have chosen that amount as the maximum. Even If some one was interested in helping me out with this, I would not require the funds for at least another few days, or even a week. I want to have a loaner already locked in before I actually start calling these guys on craigslist and head out to inspect cars. I hope this makes some sense lol, I have not tried to verbalize my plans before this point.

I can assure you this loan is solely for the purpose of purchasing a vehicle. And if a interested individual contacts me privately, I will happy answer a volley of questions and will provide any proof/evidence/collateral/photos to their hearts content.
Opnsrc (OP)

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 01:45:02 PM

I like that you only have made one post per day since you joined,and since this site is your homepage here,

Hooray, my first troll Cheesy

Your statement is valid, I do not know what to say other than, Okay..

I was also a unregistered daily visitor/lurker/reader on Bitcointalk for nearly a year before I ever created a account, Not like I can prove that or anything.
no-rice-peas

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 01:39:35 AM

I appreciate you going out of your way to pull up some examples. No offense, but those are some hideous looking vehicles. I put my time in with a beater already when I had my old Saturn =P

I already have a model in mind, a early 2000 Jeep grand Cherokee. Can always find a number of them listed between $1,900 and $3,200.
I already have about a grand in the bank, but I have to keep in mind the registration / Tag / and Inspection fee's(required in Massachusetts). Honestly I do not know if I will need a full $2,500 for the loan, I have chosen that amount as the maximum. Even If some one was interested in helping me out with this, I would not require the funds for at least another few days, or even a week. I want to have a loaner already locked in before I actually start calling these guys on craigslist and head out to inspect cars. I hope this makes some sense lol, I have not tried to verbalize my plans before this point.

I can assure you this loan is solely for the purpose of purchasing a vehicle. And if a interested individual contacts me privately, I will happy answer a volley of questions and will provide any proof/evidence/collateral/photos to their hearts content.

You sound like an honest type and I appreciate the fact that you respond to abuse by being polite. But I cannot really sympathize with your situation. Hideous looking cars? You can afford what you can afford.

I live in a tent and have not slept indoors in more than a year. About 10% of my diet is ramen. So the need for a flashier car doesn't go far here. No doubt someone else will tell me how lucky I am to have a tent.

Are there any circumstances under which you would drive a hideous vehicle, or it just doesn't work for you?
Opnsrc (OP)

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 03:12:39 PM

You sound like an honest type and I appreciate the fact that you respond to abuse by being polite. But I cannot really sympathize with your situation. Hideous looking cars? You can afford what you can afford.

I live in a tent and have not slept indoors in more than a year. About 10% of my diet is ramen. So the need for a flashier car doesn't go far here. No doubt someone else will tell me how lucky I am to have a tent.

Are there any circumstances under which you would drive a hideous vehicle, or it just doesn't work for you?

We are all in different situations in our life, yours seems to certainly be a difficult one and I hope you the best.

Opnsrc (OP)

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 03:14:31 PM

Consider this thread closed.

I have not seen any significant interest in my offer, and have decided to try another path.

To those that have commented on this subject, thank you for your time.

-Regards
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: