Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 05:28:50 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Make profit using different exchanges?  (Read 3193 times)
umair01

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 10:36:17 AM

This is possible, but there is a variation in terms of how much you stand to gain,it should be done through crypto currency (altcoins..etc)as opposed to fiat which is quite slow,the volume of trade should be considered and/or also the speed at which you convert due to price stablization should be considered,you wont stand to make  a huge profit specially after late confirmation and withdrawal fees,so it is a risk altogether and also avoid scam cryptocurrencies
CoinFriend

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

support.

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 01:08:13 PM

This is possible, but there is a variation in terms of how much you stand to gain,it should be done through crypto currency (altcoins..etc)as opposed to fiat which is quite slow,the volume of trade should be considered and/or also the speed at which you convert due to price stablization should be considered,you wont stand to make  a huge profit specially after late confirmation and withdrawal fees,so it is a risk altogether and also avoid scam cryptocurrencies

Sure, but it's only theoretical. I told about strategies and experience before. It is not possible without!
Also trading fiat is not possible without.
By the way, the trade volume comes from the people who trade a currency, no matter if fiat or crypto...
And also fiat money is volatile, it goes up and down by the time... Look at Russian Ruble, Dollar against Euro and so on...

And a profitable strategy means how you do things to profit from it. All the people here talk about arbitrage. But how they do it? I cant read...
They say mostly, they buy on one market cheap and sell on the other market for a higher price. Yeah this is right, but it is not all...

I say, the best kind of arbitrage is direct, you buy and sell at the same time! This means you need on each exchange some amount on balance. Sending money from A to B needs mostly to much time (after arriving the price difference could be gone...).
And my strategy works very good with less withdrawals. Look here at my picture, i do 10'000 trades and less than 800 withdrawals + deposits.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=884520.msg11207338#msg11207338

And further there a more kinds of arbitrage, also direct but inner exchange! For example by using 3 markets or more, called 3 way arbitrage, 4 way arbitrage ans so on.
Lets explain a example in short. I buy some LTC with BTC. The LTC i use to buy DOGE. With the DOGE i buy XPL. And the XPL i sell for more BTC as i used to buy LTC.
But you have to calculate the prices before this steps! It is not possible every time. But i can do this 4 way example on cryptsy inner-exchange!
But also i can execute one or more of this steps on a different exchanges if the prices is more profitable and if i have coins on balance. It doesn't matter where i place my orders as long as i can await that they get filled.
There are so many altcoins and so many exchanges. I find every day a lot of good trades.
And a good trade means, i get 10%. Also i won't promise to much, but also 100%, 300% or much more is sometimes possible.
But 10% is a good rule of thumb as orientation. And even if not possible, with some trades i am lucky with only 3 %.

And then is there a option to do arbitrage with a time delay, and not by buying/selling directly! This you can do if you await that the price reach a level next hours, day or weeks. Or if there is request on the market which you like to use to profit from.

So lets summarize, arbitrage is possible direct or with a time delay. It is possible on the same exchange or different exchanges. And it is also possible by using only 2 or more ways/markets.
And all kinds are possible in combination together somehow.
The big advantage of arbitrage is, it goes mostly fast, you don't hold the altcoins for a long time!!
Only some altcoins maybe which you use as base currency, in the same way like BTC. For example DOGE and LTC are base currencys. And this are good altcoins, not so scammy like others maybe...

Finally i say, trading bitcoins against altcoins and altcoins against altcoins, is much more profitable as using fiat to trade bitcoin!
Especially if you know an exchange where you can buy cheap Wink
Also Volume is not all for profitable trades!
Fees are very low for trding with cryptocurrency and withdrawals are fast in most cases!

- https://www.cryptopia.co.nz  - your one stop crypto shop  -
Exchange, Mineshaft, Marketplace and much more. Check it out Smiley
kinnu

Activity: 552
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 03:21:41 PM

Your idea is good but trading charges is also there and bitcoin price is also volatile better to trade along the trend.

P  A
              █████
▀████▄    ▄████▀
  ▀███   ████▀
    █▀ ▄███▀
      ███▀
    ▄██▀ ▄█▄
   ██▀   ████
 ▄█▀      ████▄
█▀         ▀▀▀▀▀

F  U  L

ЛУЧШAЯ P2P ПЛATФOPMA ДЛЯ CДEЛOК C БИTКOИHOM
                    ▄█████▄▄▄                                        ▄██▀██████▄
         ▄██████ ▄▄▄███▄                                  ▄███▀▀ ████████
        ▄█████████ ▄▄▄ █                                ▄███ █▄██ ▀▀▄▄ █
        ████▀███▀ █████▀█                               ██▀█▄▄███ ██▄█▀
       ███▀ ▄  ██▀███ █                                ▄▄█▀██████▀▀
      ▄███▄▀███▄▄██▄ █                                █▄▄▄█████ █▄
     ███████▄ █ ████▀ █ █    ▄█████████▄                 █ █▀███▀▄████
     ▀███████ █ ██████▀██    ███ ▄▄ ████                  ▀▀▀▀▄▄███████
       ▀███████▄ ▀▀▄▄█ █     ███ ▄▄  ███                       █████████▄▄
          ▀▀██████ ▄▄▄██     ███▄▄▄▄▄███                     ▄▄ █████▀▀ ███▄▄▄
           █▄▄▄▀██ ▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     █████▄         ███▄ █▀ ▄▄██ ▀  █████▄
     ▄▄███▄▄▀▀██ ▄▄▄         ███████████      █████▄       █  ▀█  ████ ██████   ███▄
   ▄██████████▄  ████▄        ▀▀▀███▀▀▀        █████ █▄   █    ██▄▄▄███   █▀     ███▄
   ███████████████████           █▀            ▀▀▀▀ ██  █▀▀██▄  █████▄▄█▀ ▄▄█▄██  █
  █████████████████████                       █▀████████ ███ ███▀▀█████▀ ▄████ ██▄██ 
  ██████ ███████████▄▀██      ▄█████            █▄ ▀█████▄ ▀█ ▀█▄  ███▀ ▄█████  ███ █
  ██████▄████████████▄ ▄   ████████▀             ▀█████████ ▀██ █▄▄█▀ ▄████████▀▀ ██▀
 ▄████▀▀█ ████████████ █  ██ ▀▀▀ ▄                   ▀▀█████ █▄ ▀██ ▄████  ▀█▀▄█████
 █▀▄▄▄▀▀█ ▄ ████████▀  ▄▄█████████                     ▀██ ▄███▄▄▄██ ██     ███▀ ███
 █▀▄▄▄██  ██████▀▀▄▄██████████▄▄█                      ██ ▄▄█▀█████ █ ███  ▄██▀  █████
  ████████ ▀▀ ▄▄███████▀▀                               ▀███▄▄▄▄▄██▄█▄▄██████▀  ██████
CoinFriend

Activity: 266

support.

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 04:32:26 PM

Your idea is good but trading charges is also there and bitcoin price is also volatile better to trade along the trend.

Thanks, i know it, my idea works well Wink
And the trading charges between cryptocurrencies are very less! This should not be the disscussion.

But the real question of principle is, do you believe bitcoin is volatile? And please tell me, who creates this trend you talk about? And say is gold volantile? Or do people believe it only that the worth changes?

In my opinion, volatile things can become worthless and they can be overpriced in the same way!
If we look at the gold price for example and someone tells us, gold is cheap today, then i as the question: "Do you believe gold is cheap, or is the the currency expensive which you use to buy gold?"

You understand what i mean?
It is the education of the people (since generations) and the way how the finance industry present her product, called money. Which let us believe that a limited recourse becomes more or less worth! But it is not true!

Next question:
Is it possible that in 50 or 100 years the people say, bitcoin is stable like gold? And they say also, the worth of a dollar has changed against bitcoin. The fiat currency (dollar) is volatile, lets trade it to take a profit!

Remember please, what is the idea behind bitcoin? Is it a investment that you can purchase with your local currency? Or is i a alternative somehow?
And please tell me now, why has the creator of bitcoin not exchanged his coins at the days as the price was higher than 1000 $ ?

- https://www.cryptopia.co.nz  - your one stop crypto shop  -
Exchange, Mineshaft, Marketplace and much more. Check it out Smiley
BitcoinINV

Activity: 448

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 10:01:59 AM

i think the time which will take to get credited in your wallet on exchnage site will be more and more time will take in exchnage proccesss too if u are trading high amount, so i think sloww process and there is risk of burining money tooo, thats my opinion,

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: