Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 09:26:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Suggestion: Disable new user registration, Invites only  (Read 2038 times)
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2015, 10:53:53 AM

-snip-
I think thats an interesting idea. Ill likely make Hero in 2.5 months, but back to the idea.

Having either a X Member Level or higher area OR giving members the option when creating original threads to only allow X Level or higher to access could be interesting.

Just an idea. But really this in and of itself stifles the concept of sharing information.

Perhaps just a "Hero's Lounge' would be nice.

Strato

I wonder what you would want to discuss with Hero Members that is not interesting for other members. I think the discussion would lack interesting inputs from those that do not post that much here. Some very smart people post from a Jr. Account. Why would you keep them out of your discussion?

They are limited to a post every 360 seconds in case you forgot how awful long that is, create a new account and try to participate in a discussion. Even Jr. Members are still significantly limited.

...for as I see it,
this limit could be incremented....
without problem...
i mean for newbee and Jr. Membert too...

I personally think its low enough already.

and another thing...
why introduce something like this:

if account is inactive for 180days, this value could be optimized,
mods bann it.

this is my 2 satoshi...

What does that have to do with the topic at hand? How would someone that is only active occasionally be a spam problem? Why 180 days? You would ban satoshi, just because they have not been around for a while. I see no good reason to ban someone for taking a lengthy break.

-snip-
Definitely, TOR is not the problem. As a lot of users said "the spammer or scammer" will not stop to make their action against the newbie users also if the registration through TOR will be disabled. It does not exist a real solution to this problem, because the problem itself cannot be resolved (only with the continuing ban of farmer accounts).

Exactly, banning Tor its not a solution as Tor is not the problem here. Its not even helping as cheap VPNs are easy to get. Even without that, one can just register accounts in bulk from a "clean" IP.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
unsoindovo
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1042

https://locktrip.com/?refId=40964

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 12:43:01 PM

-snip-
I think thats an interesting idea. Ill likely make Hero in 2.5 months, but back to the idea.

Having either a X Member Level or higher area OR giving members the option when creating original threads to only allow X Level or higher to access could be interesting.

Just an idea. But really this in and of itself stifles the concept of sharing information.

Perhaps just a "Hero's Lounge' would be nice.

Strato

I wonder what you would want to discuss with Hero Members that is not interesting for other members. I think the discussion would lack interesting inputs from those that do not post that much here. Some very smart people post from a Jr. Account. Why would you keep them out of your discussion?

They are limited to a post every 360 seconds in case you forgot how awful long that is, create a new account and try to participate in a discussion. Even Jr. Members are still significantly limited.

...for as I see it,
this limit could be incremented....
without problem...
i mean for newbee and Jr. Membert too...

I personally think its low enough already.

and another thing...
why introduce something like this:

if account is inactive for 180days, this value could be optimized,
mods bann it.

this is my 2 satoshi...

What does that have to do with the topic at hand? How would someone that is only active occasionally be a spam problem? Why 180 days? You would ban satoshi, just because they have not been around for a while. I see no good reason to ban someone for taking a lengthy break.

is not the case of satoshi...
obiouvsly...
but there are a lot of users farmed with 0 posts/activity....
do you think if they stay 45, 90 or 180 days without accesing/posting,
they will become active in one or two years?

i think not...

██▬▬▬

██▬

██▬

██▬▬▬

████           ▄▄█████████▄▄            ▄▄█████████▄▄        ████         █████      ██████████████████   ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████         ▄███████████████▄        ▄███████████████▄      ████       █████      ████████████████████  █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████        █████▀       ▀█████▄     █████▀       ▀█████     ████     █████         █       ████       █  ████     █████             ████     █████  
████       ████▀           ▀████▄   ████▀           ▀████    ████   █████                   ████          ████      ████     ████    ████      ████  
████      ████▀              ▀████ ▀███▀                     ████ █████                     ████          ████     █████     ████    ████     █████  
████      ████                 ████▄ ▀                       ████████                       ████          █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████      ████                  ▀████                        ████████                       ████          ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████      ████▄             ▄██▄ ▀████▄                      ████ █████                     ████          ████    ████       ████    ████            
████       ████▄           ▄████   ▀████▄           ▄████    ████   █████                   ████          ████    ▀████      ████    ████            
████        █████▄       ▄█████      █████▄       ▄█████     ████     █████                 ████          ████      ████     ████    ████            
████████████ ▀███████████████▀        ▀███████████████▀      ████       █████               ████          ████       ████    ████    ████            
█████████████  ▀▀█████████▀▀            ▀▀█████████▀▀        ████         █████             ████          ████        █████  ████    ████            

▬▬▬██

▬██

▬██

▬▬▬██
Sarthak

Activity: 518
Merit: 501

Error 404: there seems to be nothing here.

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 12:51:48 PM

I say its both good and bad!

Good because : We can stop(not actually "stop" but "control") newbie scammers! You know, Investor-Based Games section is the common home for all newbie scammers.

Bad because: Not everyone who uses Bitcoin know the forum users. They know about Bitcoin but they can never join the forum because they know about the forum but they don't know any forum user and they don't get any invitation. Lets put it this way:

Account rank  less than Full Member can't post in the Gambling, games and rounds and Investor-Based Games Thread!

redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 12:59:09 PM

Good because : We can stop(not actually "stop" but "control") newbie scammers! You know, Investor-Based Games section is the common home for all newbie scammers.

Bad because: Not everyone who uses Bitcoin know the forum users. They know about Bitcoin but they can never join the forum because they know about the forum but they don't know any forum user and they don't get any invitation. Lets put it this way:

Account rank  less than Full Member can't post in the Gambling, games and rounds and Investor-Based Games Thread!

Why? In that way it will be discriminated all the honest newbie, jr member and member users. I think it doesn't exist a real solution to this problem, and it will never exist. The 'censorship" way doesn't work Wink. Maybe the solution is "trade always with your own diligence".
Sarthak

Activity: 518
Merit: 501

Error 404: there seems to be nothing here.

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 01:01:56 PM

Why? In that way it will be discriminated all the honest newbie, jr member and member users. I think it doesn't exist a real solution to this problem, and it will never exist. The 'censorship" way doesn't work Wink. Maybe the solution is "trade always with your own diligence".

I agree there are honest newbies because everyone was a newbie once , even satoshi. But honest newbies would never run a Ponzi would they? SO that's of no use for them Smiley That's why I think its fair enough to prevent newbies to post in the investor-based games Wink

shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2015, 06:14:04 PM

-snip-
Could just be a place perhaps to hang around and congratulate ourselves.

Wink

Strato

Yay, Hero circlejerking.

-snip-
is not the case of satoshi...
obiouvsly...
but there are a lot of users farmed with 0 posts/activity....
do you think if they stay 45, 90 or 180 days without accesing/posting,
they will become active in one or two years?

i think not...

In fact, I have seen it. People starting posting again after 1 year of absence and why not? I can perfectly imagine that this board is no longer interesting / appealing to a person, they focus on something else and return after a long break.

-snip-
I agree there are honest newbies because everyone was a newbie once , even satoshi. But honest newbies would never run a Ponzi would they? SO that's of no use for them Smiley That's why I think its fair enough to prevent newbies to post in the investor-based games Wink

I had people argue that there is such a thing as a honest ponzi. Apparently everything is a matter of perspective and from some perspective ponzis that openly say they are one are considered some form of legit gambling. I have problems with this view, but who am I to tell the world what to see.

To repeat myself somewhat shorter. This forum is very open in many ways and restricting access here would IMHO destroy that.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: