Bitcoin Forum
June 13, 2024, 01:22:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I was scammed by kashish948  (Read 3793 times)
FFrankie (OP)

Activity: 2254
Merit: 960

100% Deposit Match UP TO €5000!

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 06:37:27 PM
Last edit: April 15, 2015, 07:05:48 PM by killyou72
Merited by killyou73 (6)

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=152514

What rate are you buying at?

what is this for?

So you want to sell?

back, Yeah so I got hopefully 3.85 BTC to sell

Memphis @ Golden State , Moneyline , Golden State

3.5 BTC @ 1.1 Confirmed

Should end soon.

What are your payment methods?

I do PayPal at market pricea

Well Ill sell you 3.85 btc for $900 paypal

Please send BTC to
1NBFMLaUanXmT8a3bUnVvTLh1E5TDEGFAb

And give your paypal

SENT

Paypal is kdxri*****@aol.com

I really hope you do not scam me here, and dont forget the trust if this all goes thur!!!

Sent. Thanks a lot!

omg bro. I was freaking out I thought you were scamming me, I was literally crying at my computer screen wondering how I was going to pay my rent

SCARED THE SHIT OUT OF ME BY LOGGING OUT AFTER I SENT BTC HOLY SHIT DUDE

Lol sorry about the time....I had no internet at the time...

lol. During that 38 minutes I was going through all of your account activity to see if it was compromised lol. Dont forget the trust, I gotta go smoke to save myself from this heart attack you gave me

Yup will give you trust in an hour....please do the same for me and post on my thread.

Thanks Smiley

LONG STORY SHORT.

Kash said was buying at market rates, so I said 3.85 for 900$, He sent 900$ CAD. Which is way below market rates. He said he was buying at bitcoin average.com price.  clearly he is not. He will not refund me coin or give me money

http://youtu.be/SP1IZOMvVXI

^video of my inbox.outbox.

*Currently waiting on a global mod to confirm the PMs
EcuaMobi
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1469

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 06:50:49 PM

Actually your PM's don't prove a scam happened. They show that you agreed to trade "3.85 btc for $900 paypal" without specifying USD or CAD. Because it happened yesterday the rate was about US$215-US$218 so about CA$267? Correct me if I'm wrong.
So I'd expect 3.85 BTC to trade for about US$833 or CA$1027 if you said "market price". $900 doesn't really fit any. Do you have any more PM's showing that you agreed USD and not CAD?
Also, do you have the messages where he refuses to refund?

Why did you add this feedback in his profile? Update: I see you removed it just now.

It would seem you were happy with the deal. What changed?

Because you reset your password recently, could you sign a message with a BTC address posted several months ago to prove you're still in control of your own account?
(I see you reset the password before making this deal so never mind this last sentence)
kashish948
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 06:55:07 PM

I'm not at home right now, please give me time to post my proofs before anybody jumps at a conclusion. It will be a few hours. Thanks!
FFrankie (OP)

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 07:04:15 PM

Actually your PM's don't prove a scam happened. They show that you agreed to trade "3.85 btc for $900 paypal" without specifying USD or CAD. Because it happened yesterday the rate was about US$215-US$218 so about CA$267? Correct me if I'm wrong.
So I'd expect 3.85 BTC to trade for about US$833 or CA$1027 if you said "market price". $900 doesn't really fit any. Do you have any more PM's showing that you agreed USD and not CAD?
Also, do you have the messages where he refuses to refund?

Why did you add this feedback in his profile? Update: I see you removed it just now.

It would seem you were happy with the deal. What changed?

Because you reset your password recently, could you sign a message with a BTC address posted several months ago to prove you're still in control of your own account?
I see you reset the password before making this deal so never mind this.

There are tons of people that can confirm who I am. I can sign the address that I sent the coins from tho.

I did not calify where it was USD or CAD.  You are right, it would have been 833$ But I was trying to get above market rate because it was paypal. But he still shorted me around $150 because of the mis understanding.

He did say he was buying for market rate, and he obviously did not pay me anywhere near market rate.

Selling you my BTC for your paypal

market rate.... bitcoinaverage.com
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 2338

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 07:14:56 PM

It looks like he confirmed twice that he was wanting to trade at the market rate. The OP also said that he wanted to trade "1.1" which I would take to mean 1 to 1 or another way of saying the market price.

It seems that kanshish948 was likely sent more Bitcoin then he was able to pay for. This was probably due to a communication mistake on the OP's end. Assuming the above PM's can be validated (I really can't check the video right now) then kashish948 should refund the difference between what he was sent verses how much PayPal was actually sent to the OP.
techgeek

Activity: 826

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 08:08:32 PM

181 days later..

you should of used some sort of escrow? if there is such a difference, I think its not hard to go ahead and use preev and go from there on what needs to payback what he originally requested, if not yeah you got scammed on the difference.

FFrankie (OP)

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 08:18:16 PM

181 days later..

you should of used some sort of escrow? if there is such a difference, I think its not hard to go ahead and use preev and go from there on what needs to payback what he originally requested, if not yeah you got scammed on the difference.

My 181 day posts are all in reference to that, after that, I can confirm that the paypal gift wasnt disputed.
kashish948
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 05:55:04 AM

Ok I am home. Let me explain a few things here:

1) The first thing that will prove that I DID NOT scam anybody is this. I had 3.85 BTC in my wallet and then I sent 900 CAD, which scammer would do that? Wouldn't I take the entire 3.85 BTC and scam if I really wanted to? lol its common sense!

2) My thread clearly stated I am buying BTC with 900 CAD when "killyou72" contacted me about it.

3) Yes, I did say I deal at market prices and then he offered me this deal - 3.85 BTC for 900$.

a) Now since my thread very clearly said 900 CAD, and he did not mention USD, this was obviously in CAD.
    b) If this was 900 USD, it was not at market price as pointed out by "EcuaMobi" above and accepted by OP. Also, OP accepts " I was trying to get above market rate" - Why? Trying to cheat me?
    c) So yes I said I deal at market price but then OP offered me a better deal and I agreed.

4) After I sent the Paypal, OP was also satisfied and happy with the deal as proven by his comments below:

a) "My BTC for his paypal. Sent money in a time efficient manner WILL UPDATE IN 181 DAYS" - OPs trust feedback for me which is now removed.
    b) "All and all, took 30 minutes from complete start to finish. *Quickest ive ever bought/sold coins before* - OPs post on my rep thread which is edited now.
    c) "RECEIVED PAYPAL TOOK 28 or 38 minutes after I sent BTC. ((scarred the crap out of me honestly) WILL UPDATE IN 181 days" - OPs post on my thread which is edited now.

5) Clearly OP was more than happy with 900 CAD and is now having double thoughts on the transaction he did.

Because of all the above points, I do not feel I have done anything wrong here. Maybe OP was not in his senses when he was dealing but lol I did not tell him to smoke when dealing Tongue

Also, I have done much much bigger deals than 150 CAD for which this scam accusation is and nobody has ever had any issues. Most people send first to me without even an escrow and get the deal they accepted. That's what OP got and is now not happy with it. Sorry but I cant help with it in this situation.
FFrankie (OP)

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 06:51:03 AM

Ok I am home. Let me explain a few things here:

1) The first thing that will prove that I DID NOT scam anybody is this. I had 3.85 BTC in my wallet and then I sent 900 CAD, which scammer would do that? Wouldn't I take the entire 3.85 BTC and scam if I really wanted to? lol its common sense!

2) My thread clearly stated I am buying BTC with 900 CAD when "killyou72" contacted me about it.

3) Yes, I did say I deal at market prices and then he offered me this deal - 3.85 BTC for 900$.

a) Now since my thread very clearly said 900 CAD, and he did not mention USD, this was obviously in CAD.
    b) If this was 900 USD, it was not at market price as pointed out by "EcuaMobi" above and accepted by OP. Also, OP accepts " I was trying to get above market rate" - Why? Trying to cheat me?
    c) So yes I said I deal at market price but then OP offered me a better deal and I agreed.

4) After I sent the Paypal, OP was also satisfied and happy with the deal as proven by his comments below:

a) "My BTC for his paypal. Sent money in a time efficient manner WILL UPDATE IN 181 DAYS" - OPs trust feedback for me which is now removed.
    b) "All and all, took 30 minutes from complete start to finish. *Quickest ive ever bought/sold coins before* - OPs post on my rep thread which is edited now.
    c) "RECEIVED PAYPAL TOOK 28 or 38 minutes after I sent BTC. ((scarred the crap out of me honestly) WILL UPDATE IN 181 days" - OPs post on my thread which is edited now.

5) Clearly OP was more than happy with 900 CAD and is now having double thoughts on the transaction he did.

Because of all the above points, I do not feel I have done anything wrong here. Maybe OP was not in his senses when he was dealing but lol I did not tell him to smoke when dealing Tongue

Also, I have done much much bigger deals than 150 CAD for which this scam accusation is and nobody has ever had any issues. Most people send first to me without even an escrow and get the deal they accepted. That's what OP got and is now not happy with it. Sorry but I cant help with it in this situation.

You said you were buying at market rate,,, twice, and you did not...

I was trying to get a higher price because its paypal, and everybody here trys to sell for above market price
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 07:53:42 AM

I can see how the mess was created, and its hard to judge since both of your arguments are correct in a way.
Since there is obviously misinterpretation so say the least, i advise you both accept that its only fair to reverse both transactions, and split the fees of doing so.

@op, you are experienced enough to understand that you need to point out fiat value strictly when trading, as in US$ and CAD$
@kashish948, you obviously said that you are dealing with market rates, which is not the case in this transactions,im NOT saying you scammed, you obv did not, but you didnt point out CAD$ either.

I am only making observation here, but it seams to me that both sides here made a mistake in currency identification, by not pointing out US$ or CAD$, and it is my opinion
that you should reverse both transactions and split the fees 50:50.

Whatever you choose to do next is your call, but since both of you are respected members of the forum, i believe you will solve this matter as such.

cheers
EcuaMobi
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 02:00:02 PM

OP may I ask again why you first left positive feedback and comments for kashish948 and then changed your mind? You haven't answered that.

In mi opinion this clearly was a misunderstanding. Both of you wanted yo trade at market price and then both of you wanted to get more as everyone normally does when dealing. Because both of you started the deal with a "market price" condition I think the easiest way to resolve this would be for kashish948 to send OP about  CA$127 (or about 0.4756 BTC) according to the math of my first post. Another option would be to reverse the deal completely as suggested by ajareselde.

kashish948, you will agree you wanted to deal at market price and the offer from OP for a "better deal" clearly wasn't what he meant. OP made a big mistake but it's not fair to "punish" him with $127 for it. If you refuse to do this I wouldn't say you're a scammer, of course you're not, but I'd personally avoid dealing with you because you'd be unfairly taking advantage of someone else's mistake.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 02:09:33 PM

I think it is important to note that no where in any PM communications was the sales thread mentioned so I don't think any terms of that thread can be enforced.

I think it is clear that both parties intended to trade at the market price at the time. If you were offering to buy Bitcoin at the market price then it would not make sense for the OP to send over 20% more to you. This point should be exaggerated based on the fact that people almost always need to pay a premium when buying Bitcoin with PayPal.

I agree that you should refund the difference between what you received and what you should have received based at the then current market price. Otherwise you pretty clearly received more Bitcoin then you should and refused to return the difference.

The OP likeky gave positive feedback because he did not realize that he received CAD and not USD and probably did not check because he trusted you enough so that you would not do something like this.
FFrankie (OP)

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 04:05:05 PM

OP may I ask again why you first left positive feedback and comments for kashish948 and then changed your mind? You haven't answered that.

In mi opinion this clearly was a misunderstanding. Both of you wanted yo trade at market price and then both of you wanted to get more as everyone normally does when dealing. Because both of you started the deal with a "market price" condition I think the easiest way to resolve this would be for kashish948 to send OP about  CA$127 (or about 0.4756 BTC) according to the math of my first post. Another option would be to reverse the deal completely as suggested by ajareselde.

kashish948, you will agree you wanted to deal at market price and the offer from OP for a "better deal" clearly wasn't what he meant. OP made a big mistake but it's not fair to "punish" him with $127 for it. If you refuse to do this I wouldn't say you're a scammer, of course you're not, but I'd personally avoid dealing with you because you'd be unfairly taking advantage of someone else's mistake.

I left the positive feedback, and then changed it because I did NOT have access to the paypal that I request payment too. So I have to wait for the paypal owner to confirm
kashish948
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 04:30:49 PM

@Quickseller, are you related to OP in some way? You seem to be bias here. Also, looks like you are giving arguments on his behalf, why?

Also, the terms of the thread will be the only way how we can know if it was CAD or USD since none was mentioned anywhere else. Hence obviously it will be the terms on my thread where even OP posted proving that he contacted me after seeing my post there.

And sorry I'm not giving any difference as refund because:

1) I'm clearly not scamming here. Lol I would do it for the entire amount if I wanted to.

2) OP did try to cheat me by offering low BTC for more Paypal hoping I send it by mistake. I don't think he deserves to get any refund after this cheat attempt.

3) Let him get a taste of his own medicine.

So no, I'm not sending any refund.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 04:34:49 PM
Last edit: April 16, 2015, 05:31:27 PM by Quickseller

@Quickseller, are you related to OP in some way? You seem to be bias here. Also, looks like you are giving arguments on his behalf, why?

Also, the terms of the thread will be the only way how we can know if it was CAD or USD since none was mentioned anywhere else. Hence obviously it will be the terms on my thread where even OP posted proving that he contacted me after seeing my post there.

1) I'm clearly not scamming here. Lol I would do it for the entire amount if I wanted to.

2) OP did try to cheat me by offering low BTC for more Paypal hoping I send it by mistake. I don't think he deserves to get any refund after this cheat attempt.

No I am not related to the OP in any way, although he did ask for my advice and I told him that he should open a scam accusation based on your refusal to give him a refund.

I don't see any other offer other then the 3.85 BTC amount that was sent to 1NBFMLaUanXmT8a3bUnVvTLh1E5TDEGFAb in one transaction.
EcuaMobi
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 04:42:12 PM

No you're not. But you're taking advantage of something OP clearly did by mistake. It is absolutely obvious that it wasn't his intention because he already had a better deal (market price). It doesn't make sense that he tries to push down the amount of $ he would receive. "its common sense!" using your own words.

In my opinion he didn't try to cheat you. He tried to negotiate the price further in his favor. He forgot to specify USD and he thought you agreed to these new terms, which you didn't. But you did agree to deal at market price.

More like "let's take advantage of him because he forgot to state some terms in the offer".

I wouldn't advice anyone to deal with you.
chronicsky
Legendary

Activity: 2800
Merit: 1222

Just looking for peace

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2015, 04:45:26 PM

There was a confusion , though kashish948 is right on his end that his Thread mentions only CAD and there was no such discussion about USD or CAD but that was just a mistake by OP of not mentioning Cad or BTC. Though kashish is not liable to do it , but he should/might want to think it over. It might not be big for you but for someone it is , maybe they were trying to make some profit , if not whole you should make upto something ,you already bought it at low rate so if you even pay him as per current price , that would be Nice of you.
FFrankie (OP)

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 05:24:34 PM

2. So is everyone that is looking for 5% above market rate is a scammer?

https://blockchain.info/address/1NBFMLaUanXmT8a3bUnVvTLh1E5TDEGFAb

^

I sent 3.85
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 07:37:00 PM

It was happened 'the same" thing to me, an user sent me an overpayment on paypal and I should sent him the bitcoin, he sent me more dollars and after contacted me through PM and all resolved quickly. Now kashish948 should send back the change.

Negative trust left untile he will pay back killyou72.
Pierre11

Activity: 502
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 12:55:41 AM

kashish948 is scamming!

How is he not banned? Or he shouldn't have green trust, he just scammed a big amount.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: