Bitcoin Forum
June 13, 2024, 02:14:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I was scammed by kashish948  (Read 3793 times)
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2015, 11:17:23 AM

back, Yeah so I got hopefully 3.85 BTC to sell

Memphis @ Golden State , Moneyline , Golden State

3.5 BTC @ 1.1 Confirmed

Should end soon.

What are your payment methods?

I do PayPal at market pricea

In the above quote, the user kashish948 has clearly stated that he is having a transaction at market price. Now which market is he talking about? CAD market price? It's weird when BTC is usually given in USD.

Well Ill sell you 3.85 btc for $900 paypal

Please send BTC to
1NBFMLaUanXmT8a3bUnVvTLh1E5TDEGFAb

And give your paypal

Here since the currency wasn't mentioned, there was a miscommunication but when the OP had been told earlier that kashish948 was dealing at the MARKET PRICE, I can give him a benefit of doubt that he did not understand what currency is being spoken here and so he wrote "$900". When I deal with a different currency, I make sure the other user knows it before he sends the money and I don't assume anything.

It looks like you were happy that the OP wanted to trade for $150 less and you dint feel the need to confirm the currency you are dealing in. People usually deal for 5-10% less in bitcoins while this was even more than that. It would be kind of you to refund the user the amount but by saying that he should get a taste of his own medicine is wrong. Nobody deserves to be cheated.

FFrankie (OP)

Activity: 2254
Merit: 960

100% Deposit Match UP TO €5000!

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 11:50:11 AM

back, Yeah so I got hopefully 3.85 BTC to sell

Memphis @ Golden State , Moneyline , Golden State

3.5 BTC @ 1.1 Confirmed

Should end soon.

What are your payment methods?

I do PayPal at market pricea

In the above quote, the user kashish948 has clearly stated that he is having a transaction at market price. Now which market is he talking about? CAD market price? It's weird when BTC is usually given in USD.

Well Ill sell you 3.85 btc for $900 paypal

Please send BTC to
1NBFMLaUanXmT8a3bUnVvTLh1E5TDEGFAb

And give your paypal

Here since the currency wasn't mentioned, there was a miscommunication but when the OP had been told earlier that kashish948 was dealing at the MARKET PRICE, I can give him a benefit of doubt that he did not understand what currency is being spoken here and so he wrote "$900". When I deal with a different currency, I make sure the other user knows it before he sends the money and I don't assume anything.

It looks like you were happy that the OP wanted to trade for $150 less and you dint feel the need to confirm the currency you are dealing in. People usually deal for 5-10% less in bitcoins while this was even more than that. It would be kind of you to refund the user the amount but by saying that he should get a taste of his own medicine is wrong. Nobody deserves to be cheated.

Well I mailed kash last night when they were online, and I got no response. Sad
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2015, 07:20:30 PM

Reading this thread, I can say I have had similar experiences with Kashish948 in the past. This is not an accident, he knew what he was doing, and unless he takes actions to correct this (even if he may not be legally obligated to) I would consider him a scammer. I came very close to banning him from the Infinitecoin forums over a referral scam where he conveniently used ambiguous wording in a very similar way he did here. I gave him the benefit of the doubt, but after seeing this repeated behavior of "mistakes" and ambiguous wording that always just happens to work in his favor, I am doubting that judgement.
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 07:23:59 PM

I have received this message from him:

Hi

This is regarding the negative trust you have given me. I have NOT scammed anybody and have done everything according to the terms of the deal. Yes he made a mistake but thats not my responsibility.

Please keep in mind my past record and remove the rating.

Thanks!

But I will not (obviously) remove the negative trust, or at least only if you repay back killyou72. I hope all this situation will have a happy ending.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2015, 07:31:38 PM

But I will not (obviously) remove the negative trust, or at least only if you repay back killyou72. I hope all this situation will have a happy ending.

Same here. No one cares how right you think you are. Everyone knows what you did. Make reparations or be labeled a scammer. Simple as that. Is the $150 or whatever extra you got worth losing your reputation?
erikalui
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2015, 07:39:28 PM

Well I mailed kash last night when they were online, and I got no response. Sad

If the user does care for his reputation, he should refund you. The user has mentioned here: So, Im buying 100 CAD worth BTC via paypal at bitcoinaverage.com prices! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=816934.0

When he himself trades at the market price, I don't know why he does not want to refund you the money or he is happy getting $120-50 more. Tomorrow as it happened to you, it can happen to him as well though I hope it doesn't.

Hi

This is regarding the negative trust you have given me. I have NOT scammed anybody and have done everything according to the terms of the deal. Yes he made a mistake but thats not my responsibility.

Thanks!

Past record of buying fraudulent gift cards. That's a good record as he buys fraudulent cards after knowing they are carded.

redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 07:44:04 PM

Hi

Thanks!

Past record of buying fraudulent gift cards. That's a good record as he buys fraudulent cards after knowing they are carded.

The unique time that we have been in touch is when I have sold him a starbucks code (received from bipolarbob). I do not know he bought some fraudulent cards (and he is noticed that those cards are fraudulent).
erikalui
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2015, 07:55:10 PM

The unique time that we have been in touch is when I have sold him a starbucks code (received from bipolarbob). I do not know he bought some fraudulent cards (and he is noticed that those cards are fraudulent).

When I was selling my legit starbucks card received from a giveaway, he told me that others are selling for 25% of the face value. He also knows very well that the millions of cards he buys for 10-25% are obviously carded and illegally obtained but still he buys. His wish obviously but I wouldn't trust with a user who believes in buying illegal goods. He may be reputed but what he has done with the OP does not make him trustworthy and well, the fact is related as you BELIEVE in what you yourself do.

Check this: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=864850.msg11015974#msg11015974 ("The balance on the Starbucks Card does not have a validity or expiry period" http://www.starbucks.in/card/card-terms-and-conditions)

To some extent, I agree with him as he thought he was earning a huge profit but now when he knows the OP made a mistake and he is being ignorant, he should refund him. As he deals with PP at the market price, I don't know what's stopping him here.

I also have dealt with many users/persons and if I make a mistake, they refund me my money and similarly I do it with others. That makes a person TRUSTWORTHY and not when you claim you are. Prove it.

nor9865

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

If you think you know me.. Think again

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 10:51:06 AM

Reading this thread, I can say I have had similar experiences with Kashish948 in the past. This is not an accident, he knew what he was doing, and unless he takes actions to correct this (even if he may not be legally obligated to) I would consider him a scammer. I came very close to banning him from the Infinitecoin forums over a referral scam where he conveniently used ambiguous wording in a very similar way he did here. I gave him the benefit of the doubt, but after seeing this repeated behavior of "mistakes" and ambiguous wording that always just happens to work in his favor, I am doubting that judgement.

I believe that. They think they can use their wording to their advantage. Oh me bad engrish. Me so sorries. Looks like its one of those might get lucky deals. I'll just word it bad and hope that they don't figure it out. Sounds right.
kashish948
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 07:05:54 PM

I believe that. They think they can use their wording to their advantage. Oh me bad engrish. Me so sorries. Looks like its one of those might get lucky deals. I'll just word it bad and hope that they don't figure it out. Sounds right.

First of all I didn't write like that....
Secondly, TECSHARE, would you mind telling the entire thing here? Because you were the one ruining IFC, you were the one who promised a lot of things for IFC but couldn't really deliver. I was just trying to help IFC and you just pushed me away in your ego.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2015, 08:01:43 PM

Secondly, TECSHARE, would you mind telling the entire thing here? Because you were the one ruining IFC, you were the one who promised a lot of things for IFC but couldn't really deliver. I was just trying to help IFC and you just pushed me away in your ego.
Hahaha now I am on trial. Thats funny. I see you aren't going to learn. Enjoy losing your reputation.
nor9865

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

If you think you know me.. Think again

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 08:13:15 PM

Its really simple and you know it. He overpaid you and you won't return the difference. There is no other way about it. I guarentee he wouldn't want to take a 3-$400 price hit. Would you? Of course not. Buy by you not sending him the difference, that's exactly what your doing.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2015, 08:28:46 PM

I believe I deleted the original thread I referred to, but here are another couple examples of Kashish948 engaging in scummy behavior.

In this thread he tries to set up an address to personally collect donations for IFC bounties using an address suspiciously similar to the official donation address (which you can see in my signature there), and does not disclose he is in control of the funds, hoping people will assume it is the official donation thread. I have to warn him about it twice.

http://infinitecointalk.org/index.php/topic,649.msg4319.html#msg4319

In this thread we have a tshirt bounty, and his submission is putting the logotypes that other users made onto photos of people wearing tshirts, then gets upset that I don't pay him a bounty for them.

http://infinitecointalk.org/index.php/topic,1687.msg9970.html#msg9970

Of course each time this happens he throws a big shit fit and pretends he did nothing wrong. Return the funds or make a new username and start over. You don't have any other options. Try being a decent human being for once instead of just running around trying to figure out what you can take from everyone around you with the least amount of work.
kashish948
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 11:11:18 PM

I believe I deleted the original thread I referred to, but here are another couple examples of Kashish948 engaging in scummy behavior.

In this thread he tries to set up an address to personally collect donations for IFC bounties using an address suspiciously similar to the official donation address (which you can see in my signature there), and does not disclose he is in control of the funds, hoping people will assume it is the official donation thread. I have to warn him about it twice.

In this thread we have a tshirt bounty, and his submission is putting the logotypes that other users made onto photos of people wearing tshirts, then gets upset that I don't pay him a bounty for them.

Of course each time this happens he throws a big shit fit and pretends he did nothing wrong. Return the funds or make a new username and start over. You don't have any other options. Try being a decent human being for once instead of just running around trying to figure out what you can take from everyone around you with the least amount of work.

Ok in the thread http://infinitecointalk.org/index.php/topic,649.msg4319.html#msg4319, I had asked a mod, "c1010010" to put up his address for collection. He did provide me with that address and then you forcefully asked him to remove it. That is the time I had to put my own address. And here you are trying to show that I put my own address since the beginning. And I have put it in bold just below the address that "c1010010 has pulled his address for now and the above address is not by c1010010 or TECSHARE." Also, people please read my reply just below the message TECSHARE is showing.

As for the second thread, I do not even argue with you about it. I had asked another global mod about it before doing anything and only then proceeded. lol atleast check my post http://infinitecointalk.org/index.php/topic,1687.msg10548.html#msg10548.

Also, why dont you post the links to the posts where people were accusing you of behaving like a dictator and ruining IFC? Oh did you delete them?
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2015, 12:48:11 AM

Ok in the thread http://infinitecointalk.org/index.php/topic,649.msg4319.html#msg4319, I had asked a mod, "c1010010" to put up his address for collection. He did provide me with that address and then you forcefully asked him to remove it. That is the time I had to put my own address. And here you are trying to show that I put my own address since the beginning. And I have put it in bold just below the address that "c1010010 has pulled his address for now and the above address is not by c1010010 or TECSHARE." Also, people please read my reply just below the message TECSHARE is showing.

As for the second thread, I do not even argue with you about it. I had asked another global mod about it before doing anything and only then proceeded. lol atleast check my post http://infinitecointalk.org/index.php/topic,1687.msg10548.html#msg10548.

Also, why dont you post the links to the posts where people were accusing you of behaving like a dictator and ruining IFC? Oh did you delete them?

You can argue about other issues all day. All anyone cares about is that you refund your trading partner with the difference of the disputed amount.
FFrankie (OP)

Activity: 2254
Merit: 960

100% Deposit Match UP TO €5000!

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 09:53:52 AM

You can argue about other issues all day. All anyone cares about is that you refund your trading partner with the difference of the disputed amount.

I agree.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2015, 02:50:51 AM

You know what is especially retarded about this situation? He could have probably sold his account for more than he stole from you. LOL!
Kashish likes to think he can outsmart everyone, but all he really does is fuck himself.

P.S. Kashish has now left me negative retaliatory feedback for callng him out. If anyone thinks this guy is a scammer kicking and screaming because he got caught, please flood his trust with negative ratings for me so he understands it works both ways Smiley
EcuaMobi
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1469

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 03:11:08 AM

You know what is especially retarded about this situation? He could have probably sold his account for more than he stole from you. LOL!
Kashish likes to think he can outsmart everyone, but all he really does is fuck himself.

P.S. Kashish has now left me negative retaliatory feedback for callng him out. If anyone thinks this guy is a scammer kicking and screaming because he got caught, please flood his trust with negative ratings for me so he understands it works both ways Smiley

I agree kashish948 should receive some more trusted negative feedback. I really don't like the fact this account shows green trust by default after he stole from OP.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2015, 04:00:46 AM

I agree kashish948 should receive some more trusted negative feedback. I really don't like the fact this account shows green trust by default after he stole from OP.

After I found out he left me retaliatory negative trust, I pmed a few people who have left him positive ratings in the past, now him being green is no longer a problem. I just want you to know you could have avoided all of this with a little honesty an humility. Good luck with your new name.
MadZ

Activity: 908
Merit: 657

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 08:34:30 AM

After some consideration, I have decided to leave kashish negative trust. While his thread does say he deals in CAD, it is pretty clear that killyou was under the assumption that the price he asked for was in USD. This assumption was not unreasonable, since neither party mentions CAD in the PMs that have been made public, and the price of $900 CAD is definitely well below "market price" that was discussed. I'm not sure whether kashish intentionally scammed, but it doesn't really matter, since his refusal to come to an agreement with killyou after the fact says enough about his trustworthiness. A trustworthy trader would either find a new price that both parties could agree upon or reverse the trade entirely if such an agreement could not be made.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: