Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 10:58:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How do I move the databases directory to a different hard drive?  (Read 706 times)
25hashcoin (OP)

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 09:53:36 PM

Looking to move the databases folder (or even the entire Armory install if that is easier) to a different hard drive as it is using too much space for my current one. I am using Ubuntu. Tried here: https://bitcoinarmory.com/troubleshooting/#q5 but no directions for Linux. Trying to simply copy/paste the .armory or databases fold doesn't work it brings up an error. Also did a search and couldn't find my answer.

Thanks.

Bitcoin - Peer to Peer Electronic CASH
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3074

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 10:47:33 PM

Describe the error in more detail. Which application generates an error, what does it say etc

Vires in numeris
25hashcoin (OP)

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 11:46:04 PM

Describe the error in more detail. Which application generates an error, what does it say etc

Clicked the details button and it said something about file size/splicing. Looked into it and turns out I don't think I can transfer files that large with a fat32 formatted drive. Going to backup and reformat and try again. Hopefully that will work. Thanks for the help, should have searched the error first.

Bitcoin - Peer to Peer Electronic CASH
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: