Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 03:59:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: TradeFortress(aka $username): Trust Abuse  (Read 1965 times)
r3wt (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 03:17:00 AM

copy and pasted a feedback i sent, added a sentence to make it appear as if it was about me and posted it on my profile

the sent feedback posted by me on ekrem's trust profile:

tradefortress's feedback posted on my profile:

User drippx also did the same thing, copying a feedback i left on his profile and then pasting it back on mine:

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
ACCTseller

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

no longer selling accounts

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 03:37:26 AM

I think he was removed from level 1 default trust well over a year ago. He may sometimes fight for what is ethically right, however I think it is pretty clear that he is a scammer and no one will take his sent feedback seriously.

He isn't even posting from his TF account anymore.

He is also copying your feedback as saying what you are claiming to have happened
devthedev
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 03:43:20 AM

Anyone on the outside can tell they're scammers just by looking at their feedback. I wouldn't worry about it too much, copying your previously left feedback in it of itself shows their lack of trustworthiness and brain power to form their own sentences.

redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 04:43:38 AM

Yes, Why are you worried about a negative trust received from him? I can say it is a privilege receive a negative trust from him (a well know scammer). However the trust system is not moderated (or this is who a lot of users are saying) and you should contact him orivately and ask to remove the feedback.
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2015, 05:06:20 AM

I don't think you should worry because of that. Many scammers copy-paste feedback and submit in trust page of accusers. It's quite common here. If you look at others such as Vod, Tomatocage, you can see same thing.

=snip=
 =snip=

AFAIK it is same account. He changed username/display name to $username.

ACCTseller

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 05:10:59 AM

=snip=
 =snip=

The account was last active in February. He is almost certainly posting from another account somewhere, most likely advertising some kind of coding services potentially in a paid signature campaign. I have a couple of suspects, but nothing solid as of yet
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2015, 05:20:56 AM

=snip=
 =snip=

The account was last active in February. He is almost certainly posting from another account somewhere, most likely advertising some kind of coding services potentially in a paid signature campaign. I have a couple of suspects, but nothing solid as of yet

Yup, you are right. I misunderstood your post.

BTW, don't forget to share the usernames. Others may be able to know something. Sharing both may help in making it solid.

Sarthak

Activity: 518
Merit: 501

Error 404: there seems to be nothing here.

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 06:46:39 AM

I don't think there is anything to worry about that because:
1) A scammer's negative trust makes no difference at all.
2) I can't see the negative trust. See the picture below, That's what I see Smiley

Edit: Image link http://imgur.com/D8C432u

r3wt (OP)

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 10:49:02 AM

Yes, Why are you worried about a negative trust received from him? I can say it is a privilege receive a negative trust from him (a well know scammer). However the trust system is not moderated (or this is who a lot of users are saying) and you should contact him orivately and ask to remove the feedback.

it's the principal of the matter.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
marcotheminer
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1049

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 10:54:21 AM

=snip=
 =snip=

I feel like I'm implied here? Am I wrong?
Blazr

Activity: 882
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 12:44:13 PM

I think TradeFortress may be off Bitcointalk for now while he prepares for his end-of-year exams, I believe it's his final year exam or whatever they call it in Australia.

r3wt (OP)

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 12:50:21 PM

I think TradeFortress may be off Bitcointalk for now while he prepares for his end-of-year exams, I believe it's his final year exam or whatever they call it in Australia.

In regards to Inputs.io, Do you think he really did it?

ACCTseller

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 01:08:24 PM

=snip=
 =snip=

I wasn't aware that you know how to code like that. Yes you are wrong. No I don't think you are TF.

It was too easy for whoever hacked them to hack inputs. He was well versed in security practices and preached good practices.

It was either him or told someone a specific way to hack the website intentionally. He most likely got some amount of money out of the "hack"
How old is TF Huh He doesn't come off as someone who is school/college aged.
r3wt (OP)

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 01:19:54 PM

=snip=
 =snip=

I wasn't aware that you know how to code like that. Yes you are wrong. No I don't think you are TF.

It was too easy for whoever hacked them to hack inputs. He was well versed in security practices and preached good practices.

It was either him or told someone a specific way to hack the website intentionally. He most likely got some amount of money out of the "hack"

Supposedly, what had happened was that someone was able to dupe a Linode customer service rep into giving them access to the server's in browser tty shell. That's the story i was given.

Blazr

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 01:25:42 PM

He is very likely 16-18 years old, which is why nobody should post his personal information here and those who lost money should contact the police and/or a lawyer.

redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 01:27:13 PM

He is very likely 16-18 years old, which is why nobody should post his personal information here and those who lost money should contact the police and/or a lawyer.

I don't know the complete story, but can I ask you how much bitcoin has lost (due the 'hack' to inputs.io)?
ACCTseller

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 01:29:52 PM

I don't understand how a 14 year old ended up being trusted with millions of dollars worth of Bitcoin (if he is 16 now then he was ~14 at the time of the hack).

There was over 4k btc lost at the time of the hack and Bitcoin was valued a lot more then it is now. Several hundreds of dollars more.
Blazr

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 01:32:28 PM

Supposedly, what had happened was that someone was able to dupe a Linode customer service rep into giving them access to the server's in browser tty shell. That's the story i was given.

Not exactly, allegedy what happened is the hackers hacked the email address lailai625@hotmail.com due to password reuse. This email address was a recovery email address for another account, which IIRC was admin@glados.cc. Once they accessed this account, the hacker then allegedly reset the Linode password and somehow bypassed the 2FA on the linode account.

That is exactly what happened with another site Bitcoinica which was hacked 3 times in 2012, same hosting company and all, and Bitcoinica was also owned by an Australian:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=66979.0

in fact TF was even warned not to use this host for this reason many times by many people and ignored all of them.

It is very possible that it is a coincidence, but this also could've been planned.

There is one small detail that does not make sense however. The part about how th linode 2FA was bypassed was basically skipped over in his explanation, and also the account admin@glados.cc had 2FA enabled too, so I don't know how the account password could be reset without turning off 2FA, and TF never mentioned how that was done either, in fact he never mentioned he had 2FA enabled on this account at all when he in fact did.

Blazr

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 01:38:54 PM

I don't understand how a 14 year old ended up being trusted with millions of dollars worth of Bitcoin (if he is 16 now then he was ~14 at the time of the hack).

There was over 4k btc lost at the time of the hack and Bitcoin was valued a lot more then it is now. Several hundreds of dollars more.

Yeah IIRC shortly after the hacked Bitcoin hit $1,000, most reporters reported the hack to be $4.1million.

It is crazy, but all the evidence points to him being around that age. A website like coinlenders.com or inputs.io isn't really that hard to make, it is easier to make a wallet service than it is for example a Bitcoin exchange, and under the hood both websites worked very similarly. However TF does have an older brother who I suspect has an account here, so it's possible the older brother was involved, but I think that the people who lost money should definitely get some legal advise on how to proceed, debating it here isn't much use, best to leave it up to the lawyers to figure out what happened.

DebitMe
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1011

Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 01:40:12 PM

He also told everyone (at least when I deposited) that all deposits were backup up with assets in AsicMiner and other securities and that if a hacked occurred, he would reimburse those affected.

Get paid crypto to walk or drive. Play CoinHuntWorld! Earn Hundreds Monthly!
https://coinhunt.gsc.im/IZIijYr64Q
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: