Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:53:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fully Verified GLBSE Securities  (Read 1706 times)
tmfp143 (OP)

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 03:09:13 AM
Last edit: March 16, 2013, 01:39:42 AM by tmfp143

t

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2012, 03:15:32 AM

There are only 3 or 4 fully verified assets. The only reason mine is missing linked in is because I dont use the site at all.

Theres a lot more that are only missing one or two of the verification steps and as long as its only one of the social network verifications I dont think its such a big deal. It might actually be a good thing not to use linked in because they had their entire database leaked...

RoloTonyBrownTown

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 03:26:51 AM

Good point! I'm just a real nit picker. I like to see every check mark checked. I don't think that I can negotiate on this one for BLUECHIP. I want this fund to only invest in people who are willing to go the extra mile to get all six items verified. I am planning another fund that is not as conservative, that will allow investments in securities that only have 4 of 6 verifications. It will accept higher risk in exchange for higher dividends and faster growth. But I want BLUECHIP to be the gold standard.

From memory, the KRAKEN passthrough dude was fully verified.

puffn

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 03:47:41 AM

He runs bitcoin racing syndicate. BitcoinRS. In my opinion, you need to focus more on capital utilization rather than verification.

Looking for safe diversification? YABIF: Good Returns, Low Fees, Low Risk.

GLBSE
Bitcointalk Page

I hold significant interest in
Bitcoin Mining Investments
puffn

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 03:53:51 AM

Haha. Also, good luck. I appreciate your fund's transparency. I may emulate that one day in the future.

Looking for safe diversification? YABIF: Good Returns, Low Fees, Low Risk.

GLBSE
Bitcointalk Page

I hold significant interest in
Bitcoin Mining Investments
GeoRW

Activity: 350
Merit: 257

Trust No One

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 04:32:52 AM

For some to meet all verification items is impossible, for example my country is not in the list of countries Nefario can make a call to, I don't use facebook either (creating an account just for verification might be considered cheating), I don't have an international passport (for traveling in EU and most other european countries you just need your national ID, no international passport is required). I've added Nefario in LinkedIn but no response from him yet. I might verify my address and e-mail if investors will require but right now I manage only less than 200 bitcoins.
Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2012, 04:39:46 AM

He runs bitcoin racing syndicate. BitcoinRS. In my opinion, you need to focus more on capital utilization rather than verification.

This is correct.

stochastic

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 09:43:50 AM

Hello again all!
I run BLUECHIP, a GLBSE mutual fund that only invests in fully verified high quality securities. I introduced it here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=102632.0

I have only been able to identify three fully verified securities on GLBSE (BLUECHIP is a fourth): Gigamining, Cognitive, and Synergy. Does anyone know of any more? I would love to research and vet more, and invest in them if they seem legitimate.

Thanks!
BLUECHIP

Not everyone uses social networking sites like facebook or linkedin.  These sites are not secure and don't store private information very well.

You should focus on the contract, the history of the asset holder fulfilling the contractual obligations, and on the important verification steps, like ID, address, and phone verification.

Introducing constraints to the economy only serves to limit what can be economical.
matthewh3
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2012, 03:43:25 PM

I run RSM - https://glbse.com/asset/view/RSM - Which is 50% verified I could get my home address verified and photo-ID if it were to attract major investment tho I don't have a Linked-In profile.  We have paid for one BFL SC Single@40GH/s and are about to pay for our second this weekend hopefully.  Taking us to 40MH/s a share.  Another 700 shares@BTC0.30 are for sale to purchase our third BFL 40GH/s ASIC and pay for the import VAT of all three ASIC's.  This will take us to 120GH/s over 2600 shares, which is 46MH/s a share or 1GH/s for BTC6.52 at RSM current offer of BTC0.30 per share.  Once we have delivery of the boards we will be paying between 10% - 50% of weekly mining profits as a weekly dividend with the rest being saved to purchase more ASIC's and increase the MH/s per share rate.  The amount saved to purchase more hardware assets to increase the MH/s a share rate will be decided by motion.

stochastic

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 05:39:18 PM

I did find another fully verified security: puremining. Theyve been paying out dividends since April. I'm definitely going to do some homework on them.

Once ASIC come about puremining would probably worthless.  It is a deterministic bond set at 2 MH/share and does not have an upgrade path.

Introducing constraints to the economy only serves to limit what can be economical.
matthewh3
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2012, 09:02:34 PM

I run RSM - https://glbse.com/asset/view/RSM - Which is 50% verified I could get my home address verified and photo-ID if it were to attract major investment tho I don't have a Linked-In profile.  We have paid for one BFL SC Single@40GH/s and are about to pay for our second this weekend hopefully.  Taking us to 40MH/s a share.  Another 700 shares@BTC0.30 are for sale to purchase our third BFL 40GH/s ASIC and pay for the import VAT of all three ASIC's.  This will take us to 120GH/s over 2600 shares, which is 46MH/s a share or 1GH/s for BTC6.52 at RSM current offer of BTC0.30 per share.  Once we have delivery of the boards we will be paying between 10% - 50% of weekly mining profits as a weekly dividend with the rest being saved to purchase more ASIC's and increase the MH/s per share rate.  The amount saved to purchase more hardware assets to increase the MH/s a share rate will be decided by motion.

@Matthewh3, I read your comments and I like your setup but I have a few tough questions:
1. if you're an honest businessman, why do you encrypt your contract? what do you have to hide and from whom?
2. I looked at your glbse profile. why haven't you paid dividends since June? what happened?
3. I understand about LinkedIn, but I won't negotiate on that. LinkedIn has a free membership that you can sign up for in minutes. IMO if you are an honest businessman, you SHOULD be on LinkedIn. I don't need to see your profile myself, but I would feel a lot more comfortable if Nefario saw and vetted a well written and well thought out profile of you on LinkedIn. I understand that we are in a business that we may not necessarily want everyone to know about, but the cost of building a successful business is developing and fostering trust.

if you are willing to answer the 3 questions above honestly, send me proof of your setup (pictures,receipts etc.), and get all 6 glbse verifications, I would consider investing. I would start small, and then increase as we built trust. you can send me a pm if you wish.

1.  I don't get what you mean by "encrypt your contract"?  We are a mining stock with ~1900 shares on the market and 700 for sale to purchase our third 40GH/s ASIC.  Lot's have things have changed since the genesis contract (like we were buying two 7970's and are now going ASIC).  Although all major decisions are decided by 51% motion and any share holder can ask me to put forward a motion within reason (like being a major investor or a small investor with the support of other investors).  So if you did become a major investor you'd have the right to ask for motions and the results will be followed.
2. We pre-ordered ModMiners were delayed but as we were an early supporter of the btcfpga.com they pointed the relevent hashpower we purchased to a pool for us.  There was also a time we held a motion on saving all mining profits towards buying ASIC's which went in that favour (I owned 330 shares of 1800 [of which 250 I purchased]).  Then we managed to cancel the order of our first ModMiner and purchased a BFL SC Single 40GH/s with the funds.  We then got delivered our second ordered ModMiner this week but the supplier asked us if we wanted to sell our ModMiner for full value to another one of his customers.  So yesterday I sent our newly delivered ModMiner to another of his customers and on delivery of that board Tom the owner of btcfpga.com is paying us BTC113.303.  So then we will be ordering our second BFL SC Single 40GH/s ASIC.  Taking us to 80GH/s over less than 1900 shares which is around 40MH/s per share post ASIC.
3.  Me and Nefario are friends on Facebook and we have each others phone numbers.  If it substantial investment I will make a Linked-In profile if needed but I won't make it public tho I could let you see it.

Being a mining stock each share you own gives you a share ownership of all our hardware assets, BTC wallet and anything else of value.  Once we purchase our second ASIC our 1900 shares valued just on hardware assets alone are worth $1.53 each
Also if it was a substantial investment I could invite you to be "friends" my personal Facebook page were I have over thirty family members all listed by relationship.   

Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2012, 11:06:36 PM

I did find another fully verified security: puremining. Theyve been paying out dividends since April. I'm definitely going to do some homework on them.

Before you do that read up on how difficulty constantly rises and you will realise how much of a bad deal fixed mh/s bonds are. If you simply go by verification on glbse without understanding the underlying bitcoin network you are going to fail big time.

Namworld

Activity: 745
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 25, 2012, 03:15:17 AM

From memory, the KRAKEN passthrough dude was fully verified.

I just looked him up. I wouldn't have invested in him. I only invest in funds that pay regular dividends. I watch to see that they have paid dividends for a long time without missing one. I also pay attention to detail. You can tell a lot about a person's character by how much effort they put into the little things: how much care they put into their website, developing their Google spreadsheet etc. There are always a lot of clues. In the end, I trust my instincts, but I feel pretty confident that I can spot a person who is sincere versus one who is not.

I also run https://glbse.com/asset/view/BTC-MINING which has been around for a much longer time and https://glbse.com/asset/view/BTC-BOND. You can review both's terms.
Factory

Activity: 259
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 25, 2012, 03:55:49 AM

Not everyone uses social networking sites like facebook or linkedin.  These sites are not secure and don't store private information very well.

You should focus on the contract, the history of the asset holder fulfilling the contractual obligations, and on the important verification steps, like ID, address, and phone verification.

This pretty much nails it on the head.

I always take assets much more seriously when they are verified in multiple forms. I also rarely ever consider investing in assets with 0-1 verification. Verification is not the 'end all- be all', but you have to consider it along with everything else when doing your due diligence.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: