Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:16:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: If Matthew loses...
He WILL pay up: He is teaching the forum an expensive lesson. - 10 (7.8%)
He WILL pay up: He sincerely believes Pirate will not default. - 45 (34.9%)
He WILL pay up: He is buying publicity for his Bitcoin Magazine. - 11 (8.5%)
He WILL pay up: He is being backed by another entity. - 13 (10.1%)
He WILL pay up: Other. - 3 (2.3%)
He WON'T pay up: He is looking for free coins just in case Pirate comes clean. - 23 (17.8%)
He WON'T pay up: He is sacrificing his reputation to teach the forum a lesson. - 16 (12.4%)
He WON'T pay up: Other. - 8 (6.2%)
Total Voters: 128

Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Your opinion on MNW's motivation to bet 10,000 BTC (one post per forum member)  (Read 3632 times)
finkleshnorts (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 04:35:13 AM

This is not a discussion or a troll thread, so please ONLY POST ONCE here (of course, feel free to edit your post). I would like to hear the opinions of other Bitcointalk members on this incredible wager that is unfolding as we speak. What do you think about this situation, and more importantly, why?

I don't know what to think, other than that I trust he will pay if he loses. I will pay if I lose my 65 BTC end of the bet.

This isn't meant to be an inflammatory or a redundant thread (I don't think it is), I am sincerely curious.

Bet thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=101751.0

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Cluster2k
Legendary

Activity: 1692
Merit: 1018

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 04:41:35 AM

It would help if you posted a link to where the bet was made.

EDIT: Thanks for the link
Killerpotleaf

Activity: 812

A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 05:11:26 AM

pirate has lied to MWN like everyone else, but MWN believes him.

Come on pirate pay everyone back soon this is getting annoying

pirate pirate pirate pirate pirate pirate pirate pirate pirate pirate pirate pirate

hey look an other pirate thread YAYE!  Cheesy

███
             █████
            ███████
           █████████
          ███████████
         █████████████
        ███████ ███████
       ███████   ███████
      ███████     ███████
     ███████       ███████
    ███████         ███████
   ███████           ███████
  ███████             ███████
 █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
M!RACLE TELE
BRINGING MAGIC
TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
40% Biweekly Rewards
▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬
Traffic from €0.01 worldwide

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
      ██         ██     
        ▀▌     ▐▀       
       ▄██▄▄▄▄▄██▄      
     ▄█████████████     
   ▄█████████████████▄   
  ██████▄██████▄██████  
 ▐█████████████████████▌
  ██████▀███████▀██████ 
  █████   █████   █████  
  █████████████████████  
  █████████████████    
    ███████████████    
 ▀██▄ ████████████  ▄██▀
      ▀██▀   ▀██▀   
       ▄█       █▄
ANN
Lightpaper
Bounty
Facebook
Twitter
Telegram
VelvetLeaf

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 05:13:33 AM

Someone paid a lot of money for ads or the next move, this time up to 10,000 BTC, that's all.

BTC : 1GN81dxzxyFPQsyAtdocXr5S9Mcg4wcfFG
LTC : LgmYvXsYXc4xdjsMKXJWqtagxVvioK6iaw
FC : 6dpSnKMtttUUYzaRu1EB7Lu18PBRVHU3V7
dust

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2012, 05:14:33 AM

Voted "He WILL pay up: He is teaching the forum an expensive lesson", because that is the most likely case (pirate paying back is also a decent possibility)

However,  I think many of the other options are POSSIBLE and bettors should consider these as risks when betting.

Cryptocoin Mining Info | OTC | PGP | Twitter | freenode: dust-otc | BTC: 1F6fV4U2xnpAuKtmQD6BWpK3EuRosKzF8U
ruski

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 05:44:34 AM

You forgot another option - he has more than 10k BTC waiting to be repaid by pirate, if there's a default he will still get paid, if there isn't, he'll take the hit and be happy he has the rest.

RoloTonyBrownTown

Activity: 350

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 05:45:26 AM

Both option 1 and option 2 for me.  I'd do the same if I had the coins and the cajones.

556j

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 07:54:52 AM
Last edit: August 23, 2012, 08:18:41 AM by 556j

I thought the chances of him paying were very high until that guy brought up Matthew saying the funds were on casascius gold bar(s) but if you look here http://casascius.uberbills.com/ there's only BTC6,000 unopened. He says funds are his but refuses to provide signed address or picture on the bar(s). Refuses escrow. Seems out of character for someone always calling people out over transparency. Lots of hostility between him and his colleagues (Bitcoin Magazine) over this pirate stuff lately as well.

edit: respecting bob here, don't want to argue or multi-post. Here's backing of hostility claim in Matthew's own words, https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=101751.msg1124864#msg1124864. Or just look at any exchange between him and Vlad these last couple days.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 07:56:54 AM

I thought the chances of him paying were very high until that guy brought up Matthew saying the funds were on casascius gold bar(s) but if you look here http://casascius.uberbills.com/ there's only BTC6,000 unopened.

Did anyone say it was on a coin or bar for sure? Did anyone say it wasn't spread across more than one coin or bar?  Roll Eyes

He says funds are his but refuses to provide signed address or picture on the bar(s). Refuses escrow. Seems out of character for someone always calling people out over transparency.
So keep calling me out on my lack of transparency. I don't think anyone is listening, but carry on.

Lots of hostility between him and his colleagues (Bitcoin Magazine) over this pirate stuff lately as well.
lolwut?

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 09:01:08 AM

If you do in fact have 10,000 Bitcoins in Casascius products, you personally account for 1/4 of all the active wealth inside them, as a fellow collector I find this extremely interesting.

If you were a collector, you should know about "Roll your own coins". I do not need to own 10,000 individual 1Ƀ coins or even 2,000 individual 5Ƀ coins. I can own a 0.3155111Ƀ and 9 separate 1,111.11111111Ƀ coins if I wanted to (TL;DR? I load my own coins.) Now, part of the reason I'm being purposely vague is for my privacy and protection. The other is because the conspiracy theories are fascinatingly entertaining for me.

CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 09:44:07 AM

I think MNW thread is a great solution for people who feel destined to lose their pirate deposits + also  the entertainment value is priceless if your life savings are not at stake

ok ,some people are into pirate for 25,000 -100,000+usd and they are most likely screwed if they
bet invested money they couldnt afford and pirate is already in jamaica drinking rum with
no intentions of coming back ....

everyone hassling matthew about his funding or how many caucausius coins he owns should lay off

if you dont trust a few coins of risk in a bet just  keep them in your wallet cause gamblings probably not for you anyway

the only concern i would have is that pirate is funding this bet since hes the only one who can really influence the  outcome   ? Smiley

jl2012
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1092

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 10:02:47 AM

Maybe MNW is pirate. Therefore he is so sure that he will pay the investors.

Donation address: 374iXxS4BuqFHsEwwxUuH3nvJ69Y7Hqur3 (Bitcoin ONLY)
LRDGENPLYrcTRssGoZrsCT1hngaH3BVkM4 (LTC)
PGP: D3CC 1772 8600 5BB8 FF67 3294 C524 2A1A B393 6517
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 10:05:38 AM

Maybe MNW is pirate. Therefore he is so sure that he will pay the investors.

Brilliant! I'm also Zhou Tong, Atlas, and Tom Williams. I'll buy you a house!

muyuu
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 10:18:33 AM

Notoriety. That's him.

GPG ID: 7294199D - OTC ID: muyuu (470F97EB7294199D)
forum tea fund BTC 1Epv7KHbNjYzqYVhTCgXWYhGSkv7BuKGEU DOGE DF1eTJ2vsxjHpmmbKu9jpqsrg5uyQLWksM CAP F1MzvmmHwP2UhFq82NQT7qDU9NQ8oQbtkQ
salty

Activity: 562
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 11:11:26 AM
Last edit: August 23, 2012, 12:03:17 PM by salty

I don't have a clue what he's up to! He is trying to make some kind of point for sure, otherwise why not just use betsofbitco.in? It's going to be a total mess.

Edit: Oh yeah and popcorn.
Inedible

Activity: 700

What doesn't kill you only makes you sicker!

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 11:29:59 AM

First of all, whatever happened to one post per person?

I believe MNW will pay if he loses.

He might be a lot of things but he doesn't appear to be dishonest.

Does he rub you up the wrong way? Maybe.
Is he vocal about things? Sure.
Is he passionate about his beliefs? Absolutely.

There's little to suggest he'll default and a default would cost him more than 10K of Bitcoins longterm.

You could also consider he may know more than you or I know (this is pure speculation before someone jumps in with some conspiracy theory*). This is what I believe to be his reason for betting but I have no proof of this. The only other reason I can think of is that he believes a person is innocent until proven guilty BUT - this isn't the same thing. This bet is saying that not only is someone innocent until proven guilty but that Pirate will indeed pay out and to be so confident about it would require additional information.

* MNW is Zhong Tong so can afford the 10K as soon as his friend Lord Lucan has his assets unfrozen from the AML investigation. He currently resides in North Korea with Kim Jong Il who is not dead as many believe.

Edited - Provided what I believe to be the motivation

If this post was useful, interesting or entertaining, then you've misunderstood.
JoelKatz
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012

Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2012, 11:44:42 AM
Last edit: August 23, 2012, 03:59:52 PM by JoelKatz

I think either he's crazy, he has a backer, or he has a crazy backer. Or maybe he's hedging. Or maybe he has a backer that's hedging. Or maybe he's a true believer.

Personally, I find it baffling. In any event, assuming he doesn't default if he loses, he can do what he wants with his money. It has certainly made this entire event an order of magnitude more entertaining. For that I thank him.

In any event, I don't think many people have enough facts to make a real judgment as to whether this is Matthew being a genius, Matthew being an idiot, or something in the middle. We'll find out eventually, I think.

Now I'm going to go get some more popcorn.

Update: MNW has denied having a backer.

Update: I think I figured it out! MNW has invested millions in popcorn futures.

I am an employee of Ripple. Follow me on Twitter @JoelKatz
1Joe1Katzci1rFcsr9HH7SLuHVnDy2aihZ BM-NBM3FRExVJSJJamV9ccgyWvQfratUHgN
zebedee
Donator

Activity: 668

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 01:30:41 PM

I think either he's crazy, he has a backer, or he has a crazy backer. Or maybe he's hedging. Or maybe he has a backer that's hedging. Or maybe he's a true believer.

Personally, I find it baffling. In any event, assuming he doesn't default if he loses, he can do what he wants with his money. It has certainly made this entire event an order of magnitude more entertaining. For that I thank him.

In any event, I don't think many people have enough facts to make a real judgment as to whether this is Matthew being a genius, Matthew being an idiot, or something in the middle. We'll find out eventually, I think.

Now I'm going to go get some more popcorn.

Update: MNW has denied having a backer.
himhim
I believe everything is just as MNW says, and also that he will cough up if he loses.

Yes he's gone nuts about this but I also think his instinct is right and he's going to end up the winner.  Like him, I have my own reasons, just from observation of what's going on.  I have no clue what pirate was/is doing either.

Pirate is playing the doubters like a highly strung fiddle, and beautifully so.  And MNW's appearance in the game has just incentivized pirate to delay even longer than he might have done otherwise, for pure entertainment value if nothing else.

First rate enertainment.  Though I don't relish nor enjoy the pain of the losers, whoever they are.

I just hope the "community" moves on whatever the outcome towards the goal I believe we all have in common.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 01:38:53 PM

Code:
[22:35] <Vinnie_win> Did anyone get paid yet?
[22:36] <Isokivi> pirate did!

Vladimir

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001

-

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 01:54:56 PM

* MNW is Zhong Tong so can afford the 10K as soon as his friend Lord Lucan has his assets unfrozen from the AML investigation. He currently resides in North Korea with Kim Jong Il who is not dead as many believe.

I've got a better theory.

NMW is Satoshi and he finally found a good use for his wast Bitcoin fortune. He will from now on use this fortune of his to help the community through this scam infested period of time by making that kind of wagers and hedging opportunities to soften the blows while making the community using longer sentences.

i.e. from now on anyone on this forum instead of "this is a scam" must say "this is likely a scam". This will please Satoshi big time.

-
muyuu
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 02:08:12 PM

Pirate is playing the doubters like a highly strung fiddle, and beautifully so.  And MNW's appearance in the game has just incentivized pirate to delay even longer than he might have done otherwise, for pure entertainment value if nothing else.

You do realise that a 7%/week of ~500KBTC goes for ~5K/day, right? That would be the cost of 1 day delay and it's been a few already. I'm not totally sure of the composition of his trust, assuming a 7% over the whole thing. I'd appreciate if someone confirmed or corrected this.

forum tea fund BTC 1Epv7KHbNjYzqYVhTCgXWYhGSkv7BuKGEU DOGE DF1eTJ2vsxjHpmmbKu9jpqsrg5uyQLWksM CAP F1MzvmmHwP2UhFq82NQT7qDU9NQ8oQbtkQ
Bigpiggy01

Activity: 1138
Merit: 523

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2012, 02:24:24 PM

Did anyone say it was on a coin or bar for sure? Did anyone say it wasn't spread across more than one coin or bar?  Roll Eyes

Not "for sure" but in the interview you recently did with Bryan, when directly asked about escrow, your reply was that you did not want to ruin a hologram on a Casascius product.

You also said you would be willing to move the coins to a viewable address should it come to that.
This is not needed if they are currently in a Casascius product, the windowed bits will allow a search easily.

If you do in fact have 10,000 Bitcoins in Casascius products, you personally account for 1/4 of all the active wealth inside them, as a fellow collector I find this extremely interesting.

People can learn for themselves, my initial posts in Matthews thread start here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=101751.msg1125563#msg1125563

Part of the interview I am speaking about begins at 20:50 in the podcast quoted below.

DonkDown Radio: Bitcoin Magazine Matt’s 10k BTC bet on Pirateat40 Ponzi, Poker is Skill (it wasn’t just bad luck all these years) & Crazier Mike

http://www.donkdown.com/donkdown-radio-bitcoin-magazine-matt-pirateat40-ponzi-poker-is-skill-it-wasnt-just-bad-luck-all-these-years-crazier-mike/

If you were a collector, you should know about "Roll your own coins". I do not need to own 10,000 individual 1Ƀ coins or even 2,000 individual 5Ƀ coins. I can own a 0.3155111Ƀ and 9 separate 1,111.11111111Ƀ coins if I wanted to (TL;DR? I load my own coins.) Now, part of the reason I'm being purposely vague is for my privacy and protection. The other is because the conspiracy theories are fascinatingly entertaining for me.

I do not know why you chose to bring the denominations into it.
What you choose to put onto a Casascius product does not change the fact that it goes onto a known Casascius address.

Sure having multiple may make it hard for you to share a single firstbits for confirmation, but none the less, the coins would be visible in the trackers.
The trackers are showing 40k active, you are claiming 10k.

Privacy and protection ...
hmmm I suppose that is vague enough to seem reasonable, god knows there would be no way to safely hide those coins again should they ever be found to exist.

This is the product Matthew is speaking about if anyone is curious:

I just thought of a new product I'd like to offer, and you can order it right now on my website for 0.13 BTC.  I will automatically treat any order of 5 or more "broken" coins as an order for roll-your-owns.

The "roll your own" Physical Bitcoin is simply a real Casascius coin without the hologram and without any funds.  Instead you get a fresh private key circle (so you can fund it) and a gold foil sticker to cover the key.

The big advantage?  CHEAP.  Especially in quantity, if you don't care about there being a Casascius hologram.  Perfect if you are trying to give BTC for birthdays or as freebies to others at the lowest cost, to someone who won't care about the lack of a hologram.

Simply order 5 or more of my "broken 1BTC sample" on my website.  Rather than receiving coins with a torn hologram, you will receive brand new fresh coins that have never been stickered.  You'll receive a sheet of gold stickers, and a pack of pre-cut private key circles to fit.  (I will typically provide a few extra stickers and keys than you paid for so you can feel free to test/ruin a few).

The circles are laser-cut and have the private minikey on one side and the firstbits on the other, and each one is unique.  To fund it, you look up the full bitcoin address via the firstbits from https://www.casascius.com/fulllist.txt.  Same policy as on my other keys - I do not keep the private key, for each key you get, it is the only copy that exists - you're also welcome to create your own keys if you feel inclined.

Huh Weak sauce is weak.

▄▄▄█
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
      ▄▄█████████████████▀  ▄█
   ▄██████████████████▀ ▄▄██▀
  ███████████████▀▀  ▄▄█▀▀
 ███████████▀▀▀     ▀▀
 ██████▀▀   ▄    █
 ███▀  ▄▄████   ▐█
 █▀   ▄████▀   ▄█▌
      ▀▀▀    ▄██▌
▐▄ ▀█▄▄  ▄▄████▀
██▀  ▀▀█████▀▀
▐▌
RAPTOREUM
  TOKENIZING THE WORLD!
  ██▀
▐▌
▐║
▐║
▐▌
██▄
[ POW Algorithm: GhostRider    Anti-FPGA/ASIC ]
Assets/Tokens Masternodes Smart Contracts

.51% / Double Spend Protection, Instant Speed, Private Send.
▀██
▐▌
║▌
║▌
▐▌
▄██
█▀

█▄
◈ ──  SOCIAL MEDIA ─── ◈
Reddit Telegram Discord
Twitter  Medium GitHub
▀█
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
▄█
P4man

Activity: 518

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 02:43:56 PM

To be fair, his exact words in the interview were "Rip off the seal"

I used the word hologram in my post as that is what is common for Casascius products.
Matthew could have been referring to the gold foil sticker that comes with the roll your own product.

So he is not concerned about betting $100.000,  but to show that he actually has the funds to back up his bet, he doesnt want to tear a a 0.13 BTC gold sticker? Matthew, Ill buy you a new roll-your-own coin if you want.

muyuu
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 02:50:16 PM

To be fair, his exact words in the interview were "Rip off the seal"

I used the word hologram in my post as that is what is common for Casascius products.
Matthew could have been referring to the gold foil sticker that comes with the roll your own product.

So he is not concerned about betting $100.000,  but to show that he actually has the funds to back up his bet, he doesnt want to tear a a 0.13 BTC gold sticker? Matthew, Ill buy you a new roll-your-own coin if you want.

He did say he was uber-long in BTC. LULz.

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 02:59:47 PM

The only way I'm going to show you guys my coins is if you bet that I don't have them because:

A) It's none of your business
B) It doesn't reflect the existing bets regardless
C) Gotta collect the FUD tax

SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 03:01:24 PM

I think, Pirate decided to give back the $ to everyone else, but as a way to supplement his income, he and MNW are working together to make these huge bets, so when Pirate does give everyone their $ back, instead of being down 500K BTC, he can be down 495K BTC (He and MNW will split the BTC) and Pirate can walk away with a cool $50K.

With that $50K, he will then move to Somalia, purchase a ship, and become a real pirate. Or if he screws MNW on this deal and walks out with the 500K BTC, he will buy an even BIGGER ship, and maybe even some gold from Coinabul to get his collection of booty started.

But that is, if Pirate isn't actually the Feds trying to monitor the flow of BTC, and have now decided that 500K BTC is the proper "Tax" to levy on the BTC community as a whole.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 03:03:13 PM

I think, Pirate decided to give back the $ to everyone else, but as a way to supplement his income, he and MNW are working together to make these huge bets, so when Pirate does give everyone their $ back, instead of being down 500K BTC, he can be down 495K BTC (He and MNW will split the BTC) and Pirate can walk away with a cool $50K.

With that $50K, he will then move to Somalia, purchase a ship, and become a real pirate. Or if he screws MNW on this deal and walks out with the 500K BTC, he will buy an even BIGGER ship, and maybe even some gold from Coinabul to get his collection of booty started.

But that is, if Pirate isn't actually the Feds trying to monitor the flow of BTC, and have now decided that 500K BTC is the proper "Tax" to levy on the BTC community as a whole.

This, in it's entirety is the most likely conspiracy theory out of all of the ridiculous conspiracy theories, because it shows me doing something adventurous. Come on guys. You can do better than that....  Nothing so far even shows any imagination for christ's sake. What if I just took a loan from Pirate for 10,000BTC? Wouldn't that explain my confidence? That's not the case but -seriously- lacking imagination trolls. Keep trying.

Duderin0

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 04:42:35 PM

He WILL pay up: He sincerely believes Pirate will not default.
rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 04:44:11 PM

I hereby use up my one allocated post per forum member in this thread. Thanks for all the fish.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
julz
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
August 24, 2012, 12:01:23 AM

Whenever I tell people about having met a particular sociopath - invariably someone will tell me that they can just 'spot them'.

I think Matthew is the sort of person who *thinks* he can spot a sociopath.   Many of them don't bother to hide their identities - consequences are just something to be weaseled out of later.

You don't truly understand sociopaths, until you realize that you don't understand sociopaths. They can often mimic emotion and empathy - or they wouldn't be good at what they do.
(I suspect that even sociopaths don't understand sociopathy - it just works for them)

@electricwings   BM-GtyD5exuDJ2kvEbr41XchkC8x9hPxdFd
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
August 24, 2012, 01:00:27 AM

Whenever I tell people about having met a particular sociopath - invariably someone will tell me that they can just 'spot them'.

I think Matthew is the sort of person who *thinks* he can spot a sociopath.   Many of them don't bother to hide their identities - consequences are just something to be weaseled out of later.

You don't truly understand sociopaths, until you realize that you don't understand sociopaths. They can often mimic emotion and empathy - or they wouldn't be good at what they do.
(I suspect that even sociopaths don't understand sociopathy - it just works for them)

YOU CALLIN' ME A SOCIOPATH!? haha just kidding.

julz
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
August 24, 2012, 01:10:34 AM

LOL. For the record.. no... I'm referring to pirate, but hey, I can't spot a sociopath until 30 minutes after they've ducked out of the restaurant to grab a smoke Tongue
I actually haven't put any money into pirate's scheme, nor made a bet one way or another.

I do lean towards him being a sociopath though - but that's the danger of having encountered them. You can start to think you see them everywhere!

I suspect he may pay back - but only because he's found some way to rustle up a few million and use that goodwill to pull off a much bigger ponzi next time!
I won't be investing in his next scheme no matter what.

@electricwings   BM-GtyD5exuDJ2kvEbr41XchkC8x9hPxdFd
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
August 24, 2012, 01:17:02 AM

LOL. For the record.. no... I'm referring to pirate, but hey, I can't spot a sociopath until 30 minutes after they've ducked out of the restaurant to grab a smoke Tongue
I actually haven't put any money into pirate's scheme, nor made a bet one way or another.

I do lean towards him being a sociopath though - but that's the danger of having encountered them. You can start to think you see them everywhere!

I suspect he may pay back - but only because he's found some way to rustle up a few million and use that goodwill to pull off a much bigger ponzi next time!
I won't be investing in his next scheme no matter what.

Good on you mate. Don't invest in high risk bullshit. I don't know what he's doing either, but I these people are throwing thousands of bitcoins into it expecting a profit. I expect my money back, but profits? Pff. Best just trade on the market.

Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: