Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 02:23:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is this Pirate on Slashdot?  (Read 1485 times)
crazy_rabbit (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 07:18:05 AM
Last edit: August 23, 2012, 07:34:27 AM by crazy_rabbit

The ask slashdot Question up today is: Ask Slashdot: What Would Your 'I've Got To Disappear' Plan Look Like?

Link: http://ask.slashdot.org/story/12/08/22/214213/ask-slashdot-what-would-your-ive-got-to-disappear-plan-look-like

The text of the question reads:

"This Ask Slashdot is inspired by manhunts à-la-Bourne movies, but taking a more realistic approach to the world we live in. You are native to and live in a big city (> 1M pop) in a G8 country of your choosing. At T = 0h, you accidentally witness a strange event. At T = 1h, you realize you're being followed and you get the feeling that the police/government might be involved. Contextual data: you are able to speak one language apart from good English. You are 25 to 45 years old. You are computer savvy. You are engaged/married, you have family living in the same city. 99% of your money is in a bank account. You prefer to go 'rationally' paranoid. What would you do in order to feel safe after those first 24 hours? Remember, you didn't commit a crime, but there are plenty of real-world resources invested in catching you."

So, Pirate, is that you?  Wink

more or less retired.
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Hunterbunter

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 07:29:03 AM

lol nice find.

He's clearly contemplating it if his irc chats and pms are the only things to go by.
Piper67
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 04:03:29 PM

If someone could check Pirate's postings and see if there's evidence of him not being a native English speaker it might lend some credence to this. Otherwise, I'm pretty sure there are a few people out there contemplating a disappearing act  Cheesy
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 04:42:57 PM

99% of your money is in a bank account.
Pirate? Fail. Of course it isn't.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2012, 05:38:52 PM

If someone could check Pirate's postings and see if there's evidence of him not being a native English speaker it might lend some credence to this. Otherwise, I'm pretty sure there are a few people out there contemplating a disappearing act  Cheesy

My latest findings put him in Spain, but won't publish anything till I'm 87% sure. I've been fucking up when I publish at only 86% sure, with case in point my last thread I had to 86 it.

How I got there is via (Don) Shrents as in SH Rents or S.H. Rentals as in Spain Holiday Rentals (.com). One of the names in located on the email Dump.

~Bruno~
cottoneyeJoe

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 06:25:01 PM

How I got there is via (Don) Shrents as in SH Rents or S.H. Rentals as in Spain Holiday Rentals (.com). One of the names in located on the email Dump.

Ah Bruno, I love you!

SH Rentals is "Somalia Hamster Rentals"...where else do pirates go for fun?

see: http://hiya.vacipymart.info/hamster-milf-in-somalia.htm
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2012, 01:07:27 AM

Ah Bruno, I love you!

SH Rentals is "Somalia Hamster Rentals"...where else do pirates go for fun?

see: http://hiya.vacipymart.info/hamster-milf-in-somalia.htm

I clicked on the link, but really nothing there. I'm wondering now if my IP address was made available to the owner of that site. It should show up as Oswego, IL, if I'm not mistaken.

~Bruno~
SysRun

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Portland Bitcoin Group Organizer

View Profile
August 24, 2012, 02:53:41 AM

Probably not what you think.

Images are not allowed. As your member rank increases, you can use more types of styling in your signature, and your signature can be longer. See the stickies in Meta for more info.
Max 2000; characters remaining: 1781
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: