Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 09:29:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: China temporarily out of the Bitcoin game?  (Read 4302 times)
Torque (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 5079

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 07:15:13 PM

http://money.cnn.com/2015/04/15/investing/china-stock-market-bubble/

Would explain a lot, especially since January...
brokenchair

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 07:33:24 PM

Interesting.  My favorite part is the in the comment section the one Chinese poster is the only one saying it isn't a bubble.  China is stealing all our trolls!
SmoothCurves

Activity: 379
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 07:33:40 PM

What? That the Chinese sold their BTC for Stocks?  
brokenchair

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 07:35:26 PM

What? That the Chinese sold their BTC for Stocks?  

No,that it is not worth investing in btc, when you are making money elsewhere, is what I took from the op
farting_shot

Activity: 318
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 08:02:00 PM

Chinese are the smartest people on earth. They know when a commodity is sh*t, so they will dump it and invest their wise money in another, more promising, better investment. Americans and Europeans have their heads so far up their ass*s that they can't see the truth.
medUSA
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1003

--Signature Designs-- http://bit.ly/1Pjbx77

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2015, 08:07:48 PM

Those invests in the stock market and those who invests in Bitcoin are different people. There might be some who dumped their bitcoins to trade stocks instead. I believe these are the minority, at least in money terms.
flyingplows

Activity: 518

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 08:22:49 PM

General invest mood affects nonetheless, but no matter what China is definitely not out of the Bitcoin game. It is the Bitcoin game Tongue Take a look at the volumes at exchanges Cool

tabnloz
Legendary

Activity: 961
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 08:26:00 PM

Seems a fair point; housing yields are miniscule (that game is over) so the cash flows into stocks. So, if you're a Chinese trader you're probably increasing your stock portfolio, maybe at expense of btc.
srgkrgkj
Legendary

Activity: 1218

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 08:47:25 PM

Seems a fair point; housing yields are miniscule (that game is over) so the cash flows into stocks. So, if you're a Chinese trader you're probably increasing your stock portfolio, maybe at expense of btc.

hmm well as  the chinese save a lot this could represent the importance of real life stocks as many have more confidence holding stocks than btc Huh

srgkrgkj
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 08:58:26 PM

well you have a point there, the fact Bitcoin is annonymous is it also allows for criminals to have their fun but its not so different when investing in the stock market as there are also rogue markets and companys selling worth loss stocks so id say there are dangers in both markets for investors Sad

srgkrgkj
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 09:14:59 PM

true true i didnt mean that but thats correct bitcoin is significantly a riskier investment for any portfolio

brokenchair

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 09:21:43 PM

well you have a point there, the fact Bitcoin is annonymous is it also allows for criminals to have their fun but its not so different when investing in the stock market as there are also rogue markets and companys selling worth loss stocks so id say there are dangers in both markets for investors Sad

You can not say bitcoin (risk rate : 99%) is the same as stocks (risk rate: 60%) just because they both have risks.

lol, risk rate 60 percent stocks, 99 percent bitcoin?  Wtf, I don't even gamble on shit that has a 60 percent chance of loss. 
The sad part is the 99 percent claim was you trolling and the 60 percent claim was you trying to pretend you are not retarded (the idea that all stocks have the same potential for loss is insane to begin with.) 
Bears are definitely running low on funds since they can't afford good trolls anymore. 
sherbyspark

Activity: 910

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 09:46:55 PM

The only time I heard the chinese sold their coins for stocks was during the Alibaba Auction. I know a few Chinese guys involved with bitcoin, who didn't trade their for stocks or anything and neither did they cashout. Its all just a speculation.
Bitcoin is a risky investement , True, but that doesn't mean people just sell it.
Brewins
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 10:00:18 PM

Those invests in the stock market and those who invests in Bitcoin are different people. There might be some who dumped their bitcoins to trade stocks instead. I believe these are the minority, at least in money terms.

indeed.

Those who invest in BTC usually don't have enough money to invest on Stock Markets or Forex.

Of course after each bubble things changes and some people cash out from BTC to invest in other stuff
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 07:54:31 AM

well that is strange because i know they have still the biggest farm, and many other small-medium farm, and they are still mining like crazy
brokenchair

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 08:23:18 PM

indeed.

Those who invest in BTC usually don't have enough money to invest on Stock Markets or Forex.

Of course after each bubble things changes and some people cash out from BTC to invest in other stuff

Well those that invest in btc and the stock market, got buttfucked by China today even more than usual.
If you own something nice, China will ruin it.
Torque (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 5079

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 08:59:49 PM

indeed.

I love how you two make this sweeping generalization (that's completely wrong), and then pat yourself on the back in agreement  Roll Eyes
Natalia_AnatolioPAMM

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 09:22:42 PM

true true i didnt mean that but thats correct bitcoin is significantly a riskier investment for any portfolio

the riskiest !!! especially now ,in times of trouble
medUSA
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1003

--Signature Designs-- http://bit.ly/1Pjbx77

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2015, 10:53:38 PM

I love how you two make this sweeping generalization (that's completely wrong), and then pat yourself on the back in agreement  Roll Eyes

It is a "generalisation" which I believe is true in China, not about the rest of the world. Another important point I made is about the volume in money terms. The amount of money and the individuals involved in purchasing stocks in China is so much greater than those involved in bitcoin trades. How is this completely wrong?
Q7

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2015, 12:04:34 AM

I'm surprised that I'm not seeing any start-ups based in china where people can actually indirectly invest in the shares of the company. So in reality it doesn't matter if stocks holding are up or down, people will still have an avenue to invest in bitcoin.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: