Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 03:57:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Fire mprep
Yes - 28 (41.2%)
No - 39 (57.4%)
Give him two weeks off without pay - 1 (1.5%)
Total Voters: 68

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcointalk needs to replace or remove Mprep as a mod. VOTE! Police Site FTL  (Read 2045 times)
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2301

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 06:10:42 AM

nah the job ain't easy, I hope he is paid well because the lvl of toxic bullshit this forum forces you to read occasionally.

Over $1000 a week I think isn't it? (bit of a guess)
He does not make over $1,000 per week lol. He received 2.26BTC on April 3, however he usually receives less then 2 BTC per month, and the most he has ever received is 2.85 BTC for a month.

At current exchange rates that means he is making roughly $460 per month based on current exchange rates.
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2610

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2015, 06:15:04 AM
Last edit: April 17, 2015, 06:26:06 AM by mprep

Moved to Meta. The fact that you can't post a thread in the appropriate board should signal about that you should read up on the rules before you complain.

There are rules. In fact, you broke one that was instated by BadBear, not me and which I managed to soften after a discussion with him so how about you complain to him.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=718124.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=718124.msg9184818#msg9184818

I've deleted the futher discussion due to the fact that it was connected to the ref spam you posted and thus was off-topic if the original post was removed.

Also, here's the small list of rules you broke from my thread that was stickied by SaltySpitoon in the Meta section:

2. No off-topic posts.
4. No referral code (ref link) spam. [1]
24. Advertisements in posts aren't allowed unless the post is in a thread you started and is really substantial and useful.[9][e]

I'd suggest reading through them all to make sure you know what is allowed and what isn't: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=703657.0

I am voting yes, simply because any asshole who figures he can remove posts that aren't spam is a dickhead.
I'd suggest getting acquinted with thw rulea before you call out spam.

Copy of this thread has been sent to Theymos (even though he has better shit to do I'm sure, but this shit is important!)

A lot of people disagree with the mprep moderation, maybe theymos should remove his "right" here on bitcointalk.org and choose another moderator.
He evaluates every mod's performance monthly. So far I've received no complaints from him.

Copy of this thread has been sent to Theymos (even though he has better shit to do I'm sure, but this shit is important!)

A lot of people disagree with the mprep moderation, maybe theymos should remove his "right" here on bitcointalk.org and choose another moderator.

I seriously think and hope Theymos makes that call...

We have a fan boy who doesn't know what spam is running around with a ban hammer tormenting self modded communities... Fuck this guy frankly.

It isn't very Crypto of him regardless.
I can only ban newbies. I request BadBear for bans just like other board moderators, however, so far, most of the requested have been issued. "Tormenting seld modded communities"? You mean stopping you from spamming and thus preventing you from making a quick buck?

I vote yes.  This guy is an asshole and should not be moderating anything.
Such a compelling argument with so many valid reasons. Roll Eyes

I vote yes.  This guy is an asshole and should not be moderating anything.

He's the cop who shoots the unarmed black kid.

Shoot and threaten first... ask question later.

I hope my OP shows how we were having a conversation and this dude come in then kills it.

I could understand if modding is wearing on him... happens to me in Just-dice all the time, but at that point he needs to walk away from the computer or Theymos & friends needs to find him a replacement.

I miss Salty Sad!
Here's a better example: I get a report that there is someome shitting on theymos' carpet at his home. As his janitor, I go to the location, see that it's true, kick him out and then he complains that he was kicked out for decorating the carpet and that it is a free country.

Oh, and it is wearing on me: because of self-entitled people like you, who believe that they know the rules in and oiut when they can't even pick a correct board for posting a complaint.

If the whole thing is based on freedom of speech then the community deserves to at least know and be informed.  It's a positive thing CLAM is being picked up even if in negative ways.

Sorry if you don't feel that way, but it is as simple as that.

I think it's a positive sign that CLAM is valued highly enough that thieves want to steal it. We see the Serbian scammer on IRC trying to scam people out of their CLAMs and now this Ponzi scheme is trying to steal it too.

I think if I was you I would have mentioned it in that light: "good news for CLAM : even lowlife scammers want a piece of the action!" or something.

What I wouldn't have done is signed up and posted a fucking referral link to the scam!

Perhaps wise dooglus. Tongue

BUT! I still don't think it was right to remove my side of a real conversation out of a self modded thread.   Undecided
Without the context, it would've been off-tooic and confusing.

nah the job ain't easy, I hope he is paid well because the lvl of toxic bullshit this forum forces you to read occasionally.

1K a week, serious?
Divide that by 8 and you are closer to what I get for spending around 2 hours daily, 7 days a week. Nevertheless, I'm thankful for anything I get as there are moderators in other forums whose only reward for their hard work is a big "fuck you".

BUT! I still don't think it was right to remove my side of a real conversation out of a self modded thread.   Undecided

Not that it makes any difference, but he deleted one of my posts from the conversation too, even though I didn't include your referer link:

You must've missed the PM I sent you. As the original post was removed, the discussion itself became disconnected and thus off-topic.

marcotheminer
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1049

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 06:24:40 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
THAT WAS AWESOME! 
I'm glad I read the whole thread. 
Also, feel free to delete.
 Grin Cheesy Roll Eyes Shocked Wink

Made me laugh.

I think we should keep mprep but hire more mods.
BayAreaCoins (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1244

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2015, 07:44:42 PM
Last edit: April 17, 2015, 08:00:37 PM by BayAreaCoins

... cryptosplit ...

MOD PLEASE DO NOT REMOVE THIS POST  I'm not sure why my other post was removed out of the CLAM section??

I think it's best not to link to scam sites. Do we really want to be associated with a site that claims to be able to pay 1% interest per hour simply by doing "trading and mining"? It's clearly a Ponzi, and so will inevitably fail. I would be in favour of having such posts deleted from this thread.

Innocent until proven guilty in my opinion.

It would be horrible if they actually had something good going for them and prejudgment caused someone in our community miss profits.

I think people should know the history behind sites like this, but CLAM is about freedom of speech.  Having a thread removed in regards to this is pretty much breath taking... this thread was supposed to only be self modded in order to keep people from trying to post fake CLAM clients  Lips sealed & spam.  I would hardly say the first post about a new service is anywhere near spam.

Doog, you would not believe how many people when told or presented to Just-dice the first person think "Ponzi"?  Because even .5% a day is pretty cray cray... only through further investigation they find that it is legit.  I do not believe enough investigation has been done against this company to have such strong opinion as to prevent my freedom of speech.  I think the CLAM community should support CLAM services regardless of what they are at this point.  

If people want to spend their internet pirate monies like that... who are we to stop them?

This is that movie I was talking about Doog. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJQ35sJzRkE

(Note: I'm not trying to come off as a asshat defending some probably ponzi... Just saying!)

2. No off-topic posts.
4. No referral code (ref link) spam. [1]
24. Advertisements in posts aren't allowed unless the post is in a thread you started and is really substantial and useful.[9][e]

2: Fully on the topic of CLAMS.  This is obvious.
4: There are no ref codes or clickable links (except the youtube link) in the post above  Roll Eyes
24. If you think that post is a advertisement then LOL. More reason for you to get shit canned.

Also, thanks for force editing my post to not be self modded so you could voice your opinion.  Roll Eyes

I've left you negative feedback due to you removing a number of my posts that do not deserve to be removed.

Conversations back and forth with doog even being removed....... please. lol That is totally out of hand.
Left feedback as well. I've removed doog's posts as they became off-topic after he original post of yours was deleted.

If doog post became off-topic when you removed my post... maybe that is a good fucking indicator my post is on the top of new services accepting CLAM.

Officer Mprep,  Bitcoin is about freedom... I'd rather have the NSA praying over my posts than some scrub who is so over worked they can't tell the difference between spam and a conversation.

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
BayAreaCoins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2015, 07:51:18 PM

He does not make over $1,000 per week lol. He received 2.26BTC on April 3, however he usually receives less then 2 BTC per month, and the most he has ever received is 2.85 BTC for a month.

At current exchange rates that means he is making roughly $460 per month based on current exchange rates.

Ah good info QuickSock tyvm

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
BayAreaCoins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2015, 07:54:56 PM

Not that it makes any difference, but he deleted one of my posts from the conversation too, even though I didn't include your referer link:

Apparently keeping the CLAM community informed and open discussions is frowned on by this mod dooglus.... there was no reason to remove your dooglus.  

mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2015, 08:18:36 PM

Discussion if certain services are legit or not isn't on-topic expecially when the discussion relates to a post that has already been deleted.

4: There are no ref codes or clickable links (except the youtube link) in the post above  Roll Eyes
Your first post was deleted for ref spam.

24. If you think that post is a advertisement then LOL. More reason for you to get shit canned.
From the administrator BadBear's thread (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=718124.0), stickied in the Announcements (Altcoins) board:

Advertising spam is not allowed, this includes mining pools, gambling services, exchanges, shops, etc. Mining pool ops should make a thread within the Mining section of Alt Currencies. Most OP's already link to pools available so advertising your pool is unnecessary and leads to too much spam. Exchanges, shops, gambling sites, etc, should make a thread in the Marketplace section of Alt Currencies.

I don't make the policies, buddy, and what I think really differs from how I moderate. I follow the rules, you don't and feel that you are supposed to reign free because you don't like the regulations put in place in a privately owned forum.

Also, thanks for force editing my post to not be self modded so you could voice your opinion.  Roll Eyes
I didn't. I don't think anyone except for administrators have the ability to remove self-moderation. Just that all Meta threads are non-self-moderated so your thread got converted when I moved it to the appropriate location.

Officer Mprep...
I'm more of a janitor than anything else.

Bitcoin is about freedom...
And Bitcointalk.org is about anything theymos has chosen. So far he has given freedom to constructiveness and a ban hammer to spam and he does not like people breaking the rules and advertising services where they don't belong.

I'd rather have the NSA praying over my posts...
I bet they already are.

...than some scrub who is so over worked they can't tell the difference between spam and a conversation.
You mean yourself?  Cool

BayAreaCoins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2015, 08:42:53 PM

Discussion if certain services are legit or not isn't on-topic expecially when the discussion relates to a post that has already been deleted.
LOL discussion about CLAM services are not off topic in the CLAM thread  Roll Eyes

Your first post was deleted for ref spam.

Yep the first post sure did.... how about the rest of the posts you removed & Doogs post  Roll Eyes

From the administrator BadBear's thread (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=718124.0), stickied in the Announcements (Altcoins) board:

Advertising spam is not allowed, this includes mining pools, gambling services, exchanges, shops, etc. Mining pool ops should make a thread within the Mining section of Alt Currencies. Most OP's already link to pools available so advertising your pool is unnecessary and leads to too much spam. Exchanges, shops, gambling sites, etc, should make a thread in the Marketplace section of Alt Currencies.

I don't make the policies, buddy, and what I think really differs from how I moderate. I follow the rules, you don't and feel that you are supposed to reign free because you don't like the regulations put in place in a privately owned forum.

The service has to be brought up to the community in order to decide if it makes the OP.  ALSO this service doesn't have it's own individual thread that I've seen anywhere in the alt section.  I believe that rule Blackbear made is more for creating whole new topics (like a gambling service with 5 different threads and a ref link in each one... not some dude posting a brand new service and includes a ref link that is pointed out....)

I didn't. I don't think anyone except for administrators have the ability to remove self-moderation. Just that all Meta threads are non-self-moderated so your thread got converted when I moved it to the appropriate location.

Obviously you can remove self-moderated threads if you can do so by moving threads to Meta.  It's cool though... that was a little shitty of me to make a self modded one anyways.

Bitcoin is about freedom...
And Bitcointalk.org is about anything theymos has chosen. So far he has given freedom to constructiveness and a ban hammer to spam and he does not like people breaking the rules and advertising services where they don't belong.

My post was constructive for our community (Doogs for sure was that you removed) and there was no spam... it was a SINGLE POST.

A CLAM services belongs in the CLAM thread.    Roll Eyes

...than some scrub who is so over worked they can't tell the difference between spam and a conversation.
You mean yourself?  Cool

No I mean you.

Lets do a little test... Which is spam A, B or C?

A: Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi,

B: Hi

C: Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi,

1 post is not spam

Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 4110

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 09:14:40 PM

1 post is not spam
Spam isn't about the quantity that has been posted.  It's a message which is either irrelevant or off topic to the discussion. Also, the quality of the post in question. Of course, there is spam which is sending a lot of posts/messages in a small period of time. But, just because someone has posted 1 post which consists of spam doesn't mean it's not spam just because they have done it once.
marcotheminer
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1049

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 09:16:09 PM

1 post is not spam
Spam isn't about the quantity that has been posted.  It's a message which is either irrelevant, off topic to the discussion.

Or force posted. (not needed but still posted)
AdamWhite

Activity: 605
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 09:17:12 PM

Your post wasn't constructive at all. If anything it reflects very poorly on CLAM and especially on you.

Way to post a fucking referral link to a known scam and then whine about it being deleted. Roll Eyes mprep is a saint for not banning you on the spot. And the irony of claiming "free speech!!!" while making this a self-moderated thread? Fucking priceless.

Do yourself a favor and delete this thread before you embarrass yourself even further.
BayAreaCoins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2015, 09:17:48 PM

1 post is not spam
Spam isn't about the quantity that has been posted.  It's a message which is either irrelevant, off topic to the discussion.

Dude are you reading this thread at all?

This was in regards to a service that accepted CLAM... that was then posted for the first time in the CLAM thread... then debate sparked up in regards to it and how best to protect the CLAM community while remaining profitable.

Then POW mpreps deletes it all in a multiple day time span.

It wasn't irreleant or off topic.. it was discussing shit that was pretty much the fucking foundation of Bitcoin for years :-| (some would argue still is)

mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2015, 09:18:47 PM

LOL discussion about CLAM services are not off topic in the CLAM thread  Roll Eyes
It is if the original post is gone, due to breaking other rules, namely ad spam. It's allowed to talk about services if they come up in a discussion, not if they were advertised.

Yep the first post sure did.... how about the rest of the posts you removed & Doogs post  Roll Eyes
For the last time: ad spam and off-topic. I can repeat it hundreds of times but you'll be deaf to each and every one.
The service has to be brought up to the community in order to decide if it makes the OP.  ALSO this service doesn't have it's own individual thread that I've seen anywhere in the alt section.
Then create a dedicated thread for it in Service discussion (Altcoins) and talk about it there. If you want to talk about it with the OP, PM him.

I believe that rule Blackbear made...
Check your auto-correct.
...is more for creating whole new topics (like a gambling service with 5 different threads and a ref link in each one... not some dude posting a brand new service and includes a ref link that is pointed out....)
It's for any kind of promotion postings in coin and other threads. This has been confirmed throughout the thread (as well as via PM to me) and even a solution regarding the listing of services was given:

<...>

And yes, you guys are right when listing the problems inherent with using this forum as the sole source of information about an altcoin, along with a thousand other coins. Which is the reason people spam in the first place, because there is no specific board for mining a particular coin, or for services for a coin, or whatever else. The only real answer is to setup coin specific forums, any serious coin will do this. The rest are pump and dumps, or scams that won't be around long enough, and we aren't going to cater to them. We won't setup coin specific boards here either. Spamming is a crutch people have used to get around these limitations, and it's getting out of hand.

Obviously you can remove self-moderated threads if you can do so by moving threads to Meta.
You mean moving where they belong?

It's cool though... that was a little shitty of me to make a self modded one anyways.
Yeah, I'm seeing a pattern in your behavior here.

My post was constructive for our community (Doogs for sure was that you removed) and there was no spam... it was a SINGLE POST.

A CLAM services belongs in the CLAM thread.    Roll Eyes
The CLAM community should decide what's constructive in their own forums, while the Bitcointalk will decided what's constructive in their own.

No I mean you.

A: Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi,

C: Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi,

1 post is not spam
A, B, C are all spam  Cheesy. They, in fact break rule 1. This shows how poorly you know the rules as you don't even know the main rule for which posts get deleted Roll Eyes :
1. No zero or low value, pointless or uninteresting posts or threads. [1][e]

Examples:

1. Such posts like "SELL SELL SELL", "I agree", "+1", "Support", "Watching", "Interesting", "LOL", "SCAM", "LEGIT", "FAKE", other one word posts, posts consisting mostly of swearing, quote pyramids,useless introduction threads, threads about a topic already recently discussed in several other threads.

Tell you what, how about instead of bickering amongst each other, you PM administrator BadBear (who in fact handles a lot of tasks with little appreciation, props to him for the great work) for him to allow you to repost the posts. If he agrees and PMs me with the agreement, you can repost it and it won't be deleted.

BayAreaCoins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2015, 09:22:39 PM

Your post wasn't constructive at all. If anything it reflects very poorly on CLAM and especially on you.

What about Dooglus post that was removed then asshat?

My thing was to post new services that accepted CLAM... this service accepted CLAM... so I posted it.  If you don't like my open journalism and giving people the ability to choose for themselves then fuck you buddy!

Way to post a fucking referral link to a known scam and then whine about it being deleted.

No ref thread was linked.

Please read the OP of this thread at least...

Ref link was pointed out in the post and who the fuck cares... It is allowed if it is pointed out.  I wasn't making a whole new thread just for that link.  I was pointing out to the CLAM folks and then if they wanted to use it they could.

Do yourself a favor and delete this thread before you embarrass yourself even further.

Do yourself a favor and worry about yourself.

I'm hardly embarrassed for standing up for myself.

Thanks

BayAreaCoins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2015, 09:26:11 PM

No I mean you.

1 post is not spam
A, B, C are all spam  Cheesy. They, in fact break rule 1. This shows how poorly you know the rules as you don't even know the main rule for which posts get deleted Roll Eyes :

I mean if I walk up to you in person for the first time.

Anyways... you sir are a smart ass rent a cop want to be janitor.... it's whatever.

Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 4110

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 09:26:50 PM

Ref link was pointed out in the post and who the fuck cares... It is allowed if it is pointed out.

No it's not. Why do people think this? I see this question all the time. Even if you do a massive arrow pointing to it and bolded text doesn't mean it's allowed.

mprep has given you a solution. Shoot a message to BadBear to see if you can repost it, you'll get your answer and final decision there.
BayAreaCoins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2015, 09:36:00 PM

Ref link was pointed out in the post and who the fuck cares... It is allowed if it is pointed out.

No it's not. Why do people think this? I see this question all the time. Even if you do a massive arrow pointing to it and bolded text doesn't mean it's allowed.

mprep has given you a solution. Shoot a message to BadBear to see if you can repost it, you'll get your answer and final decision there.

Blackbear can decide if he wants to employee this rent a cop janitor working for him on his own.  

Bottom line is I think at least some of what Mpreps removed was 100% uncalled for.  

I doubt I'm the first or the last to deal with this.

BayAreaCoins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2015, 09:44:00 PM

For the last time: ad spam and off-topic. I can repeat it hundreds of times but you'll be deaf to each and every one.

Keeping CLAM users in the CLAM thread aware of CLAM services and greyhair forum members sharing their CLAM knowledge to protect CLAM users is hardly off off topic to CLAM on the CLAM thread.

Then YOU remove it all.

Locking thread

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: