Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 07:39:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Fire mprep
Yes - 28 (41.2%)
No - 39 (57.4%)
Give him two weeks off without pay - 1 (1.5%)
Total Voters: 68

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcointalk needs to replace or remove Mprep as a mod. VOTE! Police Site FTL  (Read 2044 times)
BayAreaCoins (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3906
Merit: 1240

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2015, 08:04:50 PM
Last edit: April 17, 2015, 08:02:23 PM by BayAreaCoins

I've only ever got bitched at on Bitcointalk when I was really out of line, but the other day I had a fuck ton of my post all around this side of Bitcointalk removed by this asshat..

I posted 1 post in regards to a new service that accepted CLAM & one follow up that the CLAM withdraw worked.  

I had like 5 posts removed last night all over the Altcoin threads by this one dude mprep and then to follow it all up I get a nasty little short email about "If you post it again you will be banned".

Here is a example of a conversation Dooglus & I where having in a self modded thread before Mprep came around and Police Stated it up.

(This thread is selfmodded so I can removed Mpreps responses... what comes around goes around!) Selfmod was removed by Mpreps in order for him to make sure he wasn't served the same injustice as I was.

Perhaps wise dooglus. Tongue

BUT! I still don't think it was right to remove my side of a real conversation out of a self modded thread.   Undecided

Not that it makes any difference, but he deleted one of my posts from the conversation too, even though I didn't include your referer link:

Quote from: Bitcoin Forum
A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by a Bitcoin Forum moderator. Posts are most frequently deleted because they are off-topic, though they can also be deleted for other reasons. In the future, please avoid posting things that need to be deleted.

... cryptosplit ...

MOD PLEASE DO NOT REMOVE THIS POST  I'm not sure why my other post was removed out of the CLAM section??

I think it's best not to link to scam sites. Do we really want to be associated with a site that claims to be able to pay 1% interest per hour simply by doing "trading and mining"? It's clearly a Ponzi, and so will inevitably fail. I would be in favour of having such posts deleted from this thread.

Innocent until proven guilty in my opinion.

It would be horrible if they actually had something good going for them and prejudgment caused someone in our community miss profits.

I think people should know the history behind sites like this, but CLAM is about freedom of speech.  Having a thread removed in regards to this is pretty much breath taking... this thread was supposed to only be self modded in order to keep people from trying to post fake CLAM clients  Lips sealed & spam.  I would hardly say the first post about a new service is anywhere near spam.

Doog, you would not believe how many people when told or presented to Just-dice the first person think "Ponzi"?  Because even .5% a day is pretty cray cray... only through further investigation they find that it is legit.  I do not believe enough investigation has been done against this company to have such strong opinion as to prevent my freedom of speech.  I think the CLAM community should support CLAM services regardless of what they are at this point.  

If people want to spend their internet pirate monies like that... who are we to stop them?

This is that movie I was talking about Doog. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJQ35sJzRkE

(Note: I'm not trying to come off as a asshat defending some probably ponzi... Just saying!)

PM message
Your post was deleted as it was ad spam (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=718124.0) and ref spam. Do not repost it or you will get banned.

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BayAreaCoins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2015, 08:06:03 PM

Copy of this thread has been sent to Theymos (even though he has better shit to do I'm sure, but this shit is important!)

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
MRKLYE
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1003

Designer - Developer

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2015, 08:10:53 PM

I am voting yes, simply because any asshole who figures he can remove posts that aren't spam is a dickhead.

▄▄███████████▄▄
▄████▀▀`````````▀▀████▄
███▀```````````````````▀███
███`````````````````````````███
██```````````██``██````````````██
██````````▄▄▄▄██▄▄██▄▄▄▄`````````██
██`````````▀██████████████▄````````██
██`````````````███`````▀████`````````██
▐█▌`````````````███`````▄███▀`````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███████████▄``````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███```````████````````▐█▌
██`````````````███`````▄▄████````````██
██`````````▄██████████████▀````````██
██````````▀▀▀▀██▀▀██▀▀▀▀`````````██
██```````````██``██````````````██
███`````````````````````````███
███▄```````````````````▄███
▀████▄▄`````````▄▄████▀
▀▀███████████▀▀
FREE
BITCOINS.com

`````````▄
````````▄█▄
``````▄█████▄
`````█████████
```▄███████████▄
``███████████████
`█████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
██▌▀███████████████
`██``▀████████████
``██▄```▀████████
```▀███▄▄`█████▀
``````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

FAUCET
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

``````````````````▄▄▄▄▄▄
``````````````````██████
``````````````````██████
``````````````````██████
``````````██████``██████
``````````██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████

██████████████████████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

XCHANGE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````````▄
`````````▄██
```````▄████
`````▄██████████▄
`````▀███████████▄
```````▀████``▀████
█``````▄`▀██````▀██
██▄````██▄`▀``````█
████▄``████▄
`▀███████████▄
``▀██████████▀
```````████▀
```````██▀
```````▀

SWAP
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
mashcom

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 08:12:47 PM

Copy of this thread has been sent to Theymos (even though he has better shit to do I'm sure, but this shit is important!)

A lot of people disagree with the mprep moderation, maybe theymos should remove his "right" here on bitcointalk.org and choose another moderator.
BayAreaCoins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2015, 08:15:00 PM

A lot of people disagree with the mprep moderation, maybe theymos should remove his "right" here on bitcointalk.org and choose another moderator.

I seriously think and hope Theymos makes that call...

We have a fan boy who doesn't know what spam is running around with a ban hammer tormenting self modded communities... Fuck this guy frankly.

It isn't very Crypto of him regardless.

BayAreaCoins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2015, 08:20:02 PM

nah the job ain't easy, I hope he is paid well because the lvl of toxic bullshit this forum forces you to read occasionally.

Over $1000 a week I think isn't it? (bit of a guess)

Dynamic Index

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 08:20:42 PM

I vote yes.  This guy is an asshole and should not be moderating anything.
BayAreaCoins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2015, 08:21:56 PM

I vote yes.  This guy is an asshole and should not be moderating anything.

He's the cop who shoots the unarmed black kid.

Shoot and threaten first... ask question later.

I hope my OP shows how we were having a conversation and this dude come in then kills it.

I could understand if modding is wearing on him... happens to me in Just-dice all the time, but at that point he needs to walk away from the computer or Theymos & friends needs to find him a replacement.

I miss Salty Sad!

BayAreaCoins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2015, 08:56:24 PM

Also that one website "Cryptosplit" is having withdraw problems.

Go figure  Roll Eyes

dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 10:09:34 PM

I've only ever got bitched at on Bitcointalk when I was really out of line, but the other day I had a fuck ton of my post all around this side of Bitcointalk removed by this asshat..

I posted 1 post in regards to a new service that accepted CLAM & one follow up that the CLAM withdraw worked.  

I think I only saw one of your posts that was removed, but it was a referral link to a Ponzi scam.

There's a subforum for Ponzis and this isn't it so the mod's actions seem justified to me. The forum policy seems to be that if you want to promote scams, you do it in the scam subforum.

I don't really see where you're coming from with this. A scam is a scam even if it accepts CLAM - that doesn't make it any less of a scam. Note that they've recently stopped their "100% guaranteed" payouts, too - just in case you needed any further proof that it's just another incarnation of the old double-your-bitcoin scam.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
BayAreaCoins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2015, 10:28:17 PM
Last edit: April 16, 2015, 10:58:56 PM by BayAreaCoins

I think I only saw one of your posts that was removed, but it was a referral link to a Ponzi scam.

There's a subforum for Ponzis and this isn't it so the mod's actions seem justified to me. The forum policy seems to be that if you want to promote scams, you do it in the scam subforum.

I don't really see where you're coming from with this. A scam is a scam even if it accepts CLAM - that doesn't make it any less of a scam. Note that they've recently stopped their "100% guaranteed" payouts, too - just in case you needed any further proof that it's just another incarnation of the old double-your-bitcoin scam.

If the whole thing is based on freedom of speech then the community deserves to at least know and be informed.  It's a positive thing CLAM is being picked up even if in negative ways.

Sorry if you don't feel that way, but it is as simple as that.

There was no reason for anything to be removed off the Bitcointalk as a whole.  Edit the ref off it.... maybe, but shit that is how I get a piece of the pie for doing what CreativeCLAM asked me to do.  She had asked me to post new services accepting CLAMS... So that is what I did.... I don't need to worry about my post being censored over BS that frankly could help or hurt the community depending on how it is used.

Common story I think of is that Salty bought his first BTC off Pirate.... How would of Bitcoin have turned out if Pirates Ponzi post had been removed first off?  How about Mtgox or Shreen ect ect ect!

I just wanted to be fair and give them their moment to prove themselves.  

fonzie

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 10:51:05 PM

PLZ stop promoting CLAM ponzi schemes, or you will probably get perma-banned! Last warning.

"To know death, Otto, you have to fuck life in the gallbladder"
www.hsbc.com  - The world´s local bank
"These FUDsters are insane egomaniacs that just want cheap BTC" - oblivi
Prosperityforall

Activity: 490
Merit: 14

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 10:53:31 PM

nah the job ain't easy, I hope he is paid well because the lvl of toxic bullshit this forum forces you to read occasionally.

I second this, the amount of bullshit, scams, and more bullshit in this altcoin section is incredible. It's like I came from bitcoinland to the grey wasteland across the river. There's illegal scamcoins like Dash hanging around and new scamcoins that pop up everyday.

If a moderator deleted a message and it wasn't spam, it was probably by mistake. Take notice that this section is currently the largest and most used on bitcointalk, so mprep probably has a hell of a hard time deleting the amount of bullshit on here already.
BayAreaCoins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2015, 10:55:49 PM

PLZ stop promoting CLAM ponzi schemes, or you will probably get perma-banned! Last warning.

The thing isn't even paying out dust ref shit...

I'd say the "investigated stamp" is on it at this point Tongue.

No one is promoting shit. (the URL from the meme has been changed to be pointed at Just-dice.com which is NOT a ponzi)

dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 11:13:49 PM

If the whole thing is based on freedom of speech then the community deserves to at least know and be informed.  It's a positive thing CLAM is being picked up even if in negative ways.

I think it's a positive sign that CLAM is valued highly enough that thieves want to steal it. We see the Serbian scammer on IRC trying to scam people out of their CLAMs and now this Ponzi scheme is trying to steal it too.

I think if I was you I would have mentioned it in that light: "good news for CLAM : even lowlife scammers want a piece of the action!" or something.

What I wouldn't have done is signed up and posted a fucking referral link to the scam!

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
BayAreaCoins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2015, 11:16:45 PM

I think it's a positive sign that CLAM is valued highly enough that thieves want to steal it. We see the Serbian scammer on IRC trying to scam people out of their CLAMs and now this Ponzi scheme is trying to steal it too.

I think if I was you I would have mentioned it in that light: "good news for CLAM : even lowlife scammers want a piece of the action!" or something.

What I wouldn't have done is signed up and posted a fucking referral link to the scam!

BUT! I still don't think it was right to remove my side of a real conversation out of a self modded thread.   Undecided

AdamWhite

Activity: 605

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 02:08:58 AM
Last edit: April 17, 2015, 02:27:49 AM by AdamWhite

mprep is fair, voted hell no.

why even link to a ponzi scam  Huh just because they accept clam  Huh and then whine about it  Huh

"withdrawals are working" this must be amateur hour.. you should know by now how a ponzi operates?  Roll Eyes
AdamWhite

Activity: 605

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 02:23:07 AM

Well said.

Very poor show... this thread FTL

MadCow

Activity: 655

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 04:45:22 AM

Over $1000 a week I think isn't it? (bit of a guess)

1K a week, serious?
dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 05:58:17 AM

Not that it makes any difference, but he deleted one of my posts from the conversation too, even though I didn't include your referer link:

██████████         
      ██████████████████