Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:35:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Verified MtGox and OKpay accounts for sale?  (Read 1911 times)
droledabin (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 04:35:00 PM

I wonder what untouched, anonymous, verified accounts for sites like Okpay/cashU/MtGox/Aurumxchange would be worth?

By untouched&verified i mean: these are not hacked accounts, i signed them up*, there is zero balance in them, the accounts are verified by email, phone, copy of a legal id and further name/address proof that got accepted by the sites. So these accounts have much higher withdraw/send limits than unverified accounts. Something like that should be worth something on the black market....
Any offers? Grin

*This a theoretical discussion, I have no accounts for sale!
...but i'm really wondering if there is market for that,
since i only know the infamous site for weed&drugs.
I hope the exchangers track the black markets...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Cergorach

Activity: 9

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 04:49:29 PM

I wonder what untouched, anonymous, verified accounts for sites like Okpay/cashU/MtGox/Aurumxchange would be worth?

By untouched&verified i mean: these are not hacked accounts, i signed them up*, there is zero balance in them, the accounts are verified by email, phone, copy of a legal id and further name/address proof that got accepted by the sites. So these accounts have much higher withdraw/send limits than unverified accounts. Something like that should be worth something on the black market....
Any offers? Grin

*This a theoretical discussion, I have no accounts for sale!
...but i'm really wondering if there is market for that,
since i only know the infamous site for weed&drugs.
I hope the exchangers track the black markets...
Yup, but also illegal due to identity theft laws in most western countries. Very probably against the EULA from the relevant exchange, so they can block your account if they find out. And ripe for scams due to the Id holder just contacting the exchange and claiming that you hacked the account after you transferred money/BTC into it. Why bother with it when you can just open multiple unverified accounts?
droledabin (OP)

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 05:07:02 PM

And ripe for scams due to the Id holder just contacting the exchange and claiming that you hacked the account after you transferred money/BTC into it.

The real id holder would not contact the exchanger because he wouldn't even know his id was used to open an account with his identity. You could also use a fake id with a none existing person to get an account verfied. Also in the above mentioned scenario the exchanger has no clue because he already verified the id and labeled the account verified.

With such an account a scammer could move&launder much more money in shorter time(in whatever currency) without appearing suspiscious because it's a verified user.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 05:41:10 PM

So identity theft basically? What a piece of human garbage.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 05:46:55 PM

This could be a great service for your customers. Great because while they walk off with the profits from a scam you go to jail on their behalf.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
droledabin (OP)

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 06:06:22 PM

DeathAndTaxes,RodeoX...again: theoretical discussion! I'm not selling anything and i have no intention to do so!

The thought of the potential abuse that could be done popped into my head when I signed up at MtGox and sent a copy of my ID to them. I mean i have no idea if they keep these documents secure or not. If a hacker gets access to their (or any other exchangers) servers and these documents are all stored there....well then good night.
Grinder
Legendary

Activity: 1284
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 08:01:36 PM

I agree. All the more or less shady financial sites request the same documents to verify their users, so I think the security it provides is minimal. A dishonest employee in any of them could use the copy they have access to to create accounts in all the other sites. You could also just start your own fake exchange site and request the same information to "verify" new users.
Cergorach

Activity: 9

View Profile
August 24, 2012, 10:18:51 AM

And ripe for scams due to the Id holder just contacting the exchange and claiming that you hacked the account after you transferred money/BTC into it.

The real id holder would not contact the exchanger because he wouldn't even know his id was used to open an account with his identity. You could also use a fake id with a none existing person to get an account verfied. Also in the above mentioned scenario the exchanger has no clue because he already verified the id and labeled the account verified.

With such an account a scammer could move&launder much more money in shorter time(in whatever currency) without appearing suspiscious because it's a verified user.
What I mean by Id holder is the person that made the accounts with the Id, so that doesn't have to be the person who is on the Id.

A non-existing person would be tricky, they ask for the Id in order to comply with certain banking laws and regulations, it would seem apparent that they would actually have to check whether the Id/person actually exists. If not, they have to report it and folks would get the police/interpol on their behind for id theft/fraud.

Why risk it that someone else knows what you did with the 'stolen' Id? There's already a black market for stolen Ids, get one, use it to create the account, no third party to do nasty things with that account.

Now, I don't aprove of those thing AT ALL, but I find them interesting from a fictional perspective (actually make a smart/accurate bad guy for scifi or near-future story/rpg).
tclo

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 07:56:48 AM

This an old thread, but I found it by looking to see if I could somehow buy an OKPay account that would work in the USA.  They are not accepting US customers any longer unfortunately. 

But I suppose it probably wouldn't work if I needed one that was verified because I don't want someone else's identity on it.  I would be fine with made up person but not otherwise.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: