Bitcoin Forum
July 09, 2024, 09:16:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Worked it out, in America.  (Read 1138 times)
Le Happy Merchant (OP)

Activity: 634
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 06:05:14 PM
Last edit: August 26, 2012, 01:35:52 AM by Le Happy Merchant

I need to move some money around, because I am traveling back to the states in a few days, but my money is locked up in a dwolla transfer, I will be moving my money from pounds into dollars, and I need to do this as soon as possible otherwise I will be screwed when I get to america.

PM me if you are interested.

I am moving about $950, which will cover my loan entirely barring some massive upswing in the market, if that upswing occurs I am willing to negotiate an increased interest payment.

1Cw8t6pwumma2qHnDVQBfwfUnXRuq5Hu9B

[Edit] I am also willing to let multiple people split the loan, and each get part of the interest based on the amount lent.

BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

BCJ

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 06:23:30 PM

screen shot?
Le Happy Merchant (OP)

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 06:27:09 PM

screen shot?

Of the dwolla account?

fabrizziop

Activity: 506

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 06:29:54 PM

I need to move some money around, because I am traveling back to the states in a few days, but my money is locked up in a dwolla transfer, I will be moving my money from pounds into dollars, and I need to do this as soon as possible otherwise I will be screwed when I get to america.

I am moving about $950, which will cover my loan entirely barring some massive upswing in the market, if that upswing occurs I am willing to negotiate an increased interest payment.

[Edit] I am also willing to let multiple people split the loan, and each get part of the interest based on the amount lent.

Your post history aren't one-line posts, which is nice, but you registered a week ago. If someone wants to lend, should ask ID and documents. Although it's weird you're out of newbies section and already asking for a large loan.
Le Happy Merchant (OP)

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 06:34:44 PM
Last edit: August 23, 2012, 07:36:24 PM by Le Happy Merchant

Your post history aren't one-line posts, which is nice, but you registered a week ago. If someone wants to lend, should ask ID and documents. Although it's weird you're out of newbies section and already asking for a large loan.

To be honest, this is my second account, I had one a while back, but I got scammed on it, and I didn't want to look like an idiot forever so I ditched it. It wasn't even as established as this account is, but I did do some lending, never needed a loan before though.

I'm in a bit of a unique situation that I haven't faced before, usually when I travel I travel with my family, and somebody else picks up the tab so to speak, but I need to do it this time, and I didn't think very far ahead despite knowing I would travel for several months in advance.

[Edit] The account I had was 'packman' before I dropped it. The minimum I would accept from any single lender is 10BTC because keeping track of too many debts is really not something I want to deal with, even for a single return.

Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 07:51:15 PM

Other than the newness of the account, this seems legit.  I still wouldn't risk my coins simply for the bad timing of the account creation date.

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1227

Away on an extended break

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 07:53:58 PM

screen shot?

Of the dwolla account?
Yes.
Le Happy Merchant (OP)

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 08:47:18 PM

https://i.imgur.com/Uplpn.png  (I am uncomfortable putting some of my information in this thread so I blacked it out. I don't actually know what people can do with my dwolla account number and bank, but I would rather err on the side of safety.)

My British bank has a strange fee structure for transferring money in other currencies, I was able to do $500 today, and will need to wait until tomorrow to send the rest.

I think this plan may be confusing to people, so I will explain what I am doing. I am going to transfer my money into dwolla, and from dwolla into Mt.Gox, at which time I will buy the BTC required to pay back the loan, meanwhile if I can secure the loan I need, I will sell the coins on Mt.Gox, and use their system to deposit the money into my american bank account, saving me several days of waiting that I can't afford.

BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

BCJ

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 09:34:45 PM

Le Happy Merchant,

I'm going to pass.  Your response to my PM sounded like a scammer pretending to be a paranoid nubee.

Either way, like they say in the Shark Tank: "I'm out."

Good luck.

Le Happy Merchant (OP)

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 09:41:12 PM

Le Happy Merchant,

I'm going to pass.  Your response to my PM sounded like a scammer pretending to be a paranoid nubee.

Either way, like they say in the Shark Tank: "I'm out."

Good luck.

Thank you for your interest anyway, and I can appreciate a healthy skepticism in lending.

As for me sounding like I'm pretending to be a paranoid nubee, I think thats understandable because I actually am a bit paranoid and new. I looked into the dwolla privacy information and I think I understand what the ID is for now though, so at least I'm learning.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: