Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:59:09 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Report Post Accuracy?  (Read 1169 times)
twister (OP)

Activity: 672
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2015, 06:55:08 AM

If I reported a post which was against the forum rules and it gets removed, I should get an increase in my Report post accuracy, should I not?

But I don't see it happening every-time. I report a post and check whether it was removed or not and when it does, I check my accuracy but it does not gets increased every-time? Huh

It happened just now, reported a post, it got removed, no increase in accuracy?

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
  ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦   
0.8%-1% House Edge
[/
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 07:42:33 AM

If I reported a post which was against the forum rules and it gets removed, I should get an increase in my Report post accuracy, should I not?

But I don't see it happening every-time. I report a post and check whether it was removed or not and when it does, I check my accuracy but it does not gets increased every-time? Huh

It is very strange, the calculation is a little bit "difficult" to understand but I have found these topics:

- https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=984359.0
- https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=931819.0
- https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=624427.15

I don't still have understand how the accuracy is calculated.
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 09:18:05 AM
Last edit: April 18, 2015, 02:42:51 PM by ajareselde

Accuracy is calculated in percentages, and if you have a lot of posts reported,its possible that percentage wont increase enough for it to be visible.
From what i see, post report can also be neutral, when there is somewhat valid report, but not enough to have it removed.
It is possible that mod didnt feel like your reported post is bad enough to have it removed, but later on has received another report from others, so he in the end removed it anyways.
imho, i dont think you should trouble yourself with percentages, you should report whatever you feel is wrong, and if staff doesnt feel the same way, well boo-hoo, atleast you tried and gave your opinion.

cheers
Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3962
Merit: 2207

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2015, 09:23:24 AM

Accuracry is calculated in percentages, and if you have a lot of posts reported,its possible that percentage wont increase enough for it to be visible.
From what i see, post report can also be neutral, when there is somewhat valid report, but not enough to have it removed.
It is possible that mod didnt feel like your reported post is bad enough to have it removed, but later on has received another report from others, so he in the end removed it anyways.
imho, i dont think you should trouble yourself with percentages, you should report whatever you feel is wrong, and if staff doesnt feel the same way, well boo-hoo, atleast you tried and gave your opinion.

cheers
Neutral doesn't exists. A report is either good or bad. The only other option we have is ignoring a report and that means that someone else will handle it (so it will be good or bad at some point).

If I had to guess I would go with the accuracy part. I have reported a ton of posts and my accuracy is barely increasing (or decreasing) because of that.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2015, 09:56:59 AM

If you report posts rarely, your rating may increase immediately. If you report a lot of posts, it will take sometime. I don't know the fomula used to calculate this. I guess theymos hasn't posted it here.

erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2015, 10:04:19 AM

I have noticed an increase and decrease in my accuracy rating. When my report is considered and it gets deleted, my rating increases. This is because I report very few posts.

I don't think there is a special formula used here as if you report 100 posts and 70 are considered valid, your accuracy is 70%.

shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2015, 10:08:47 AM

Nope. Depending on the number of reports you write, the number barely changes.

How many reports did you write in total?

If you report posts rarely, your rating may increase immediately. If you report a lot of posts, it will take sometime. I don't know the fomula used to calculate this. I guess theymos hasn't posted it here.

its (good reports / all reports).floor

-snip-
I don't think there is a special formula used here as if you report 100 posts and 70 are considered valid, your accuracy is 70%.

Exactly, besides the number is rounded down, thus 70.999% is still 70%

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
redsn0w
Legendary

#Free market

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 10:12:48 AM

.... and what about me, reported +200 posts ans still 'blocked' to 86% ? The reports are marked good or bad, but in this case I do not know if my reports were ignored because my report accuracy is still immovable at 86%.

I have noticed an increase and decrease in my accuracy rating. When my report is considered and it gets deleted, my rating increases. This is because I report very few posts.

I have heard that there is a formula, but it is not public (I cannot find the posts made by theymos).
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2015, 10:23:38 AM

.... and what about me, reported +200 posts ans still 'blocked' to 86% ? The reports are marked good or bad, but in this case I do not know if my reports were ignored because my report accuracy is still immovable at 86%.

I did the calculation in the past, but I could not find the post. So Ill just do it again with your numbers.

200 reports 86% good, thats 200*.86 = 172 good reports and 200-172 = 28 bad reports. We assume there are non unhandled. That happens and they dont count towards your percentage, but towards the number of total reports.

In order to reach 87% you need to make a total of 188 good reports, or 16 more, without a single bad report.

Edit:

If we do those again with mine (3293 @ 95%) and take the same assumptions, I have 3128 good and 165 bad reports. In order to reach 96% I would need to make a total of 3960 good reports while still only having 165 bad reports, thats 832 good reports with a single fail.

Edit2: Thus its prefectly normal for the percentage number to change almost never. It took me several months to go from 94% to 95% and I remember there was one bad report and I was down to 94% for a few months again. The moral of the story? Care less about those numbers as long as the one on the left increases and the one on the right does not drop drasticly.

redsn0w
Legendary

#Free market

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 10:28:48 AM

I did the calculation in the past, but I could not find the post. So Ill just do it again with your numbers.

200 reports 86% good, thats 200*.86 = 172 good reports and 200-172 = 28 bad reports. We assume there are non unhandled. That happens and they dont count towards your percentage, but towards the number of total reports.

In order to reach 87% you need to make a total of 188 good reports, or 16 more, without a single bad report.

actually I have reported *1706 posts , I wanted to say "in these last months (february-march) I reported those 200 posts but my accuracy is still immovable at 86%". Sorry if I was not clear in my previous post.

*You have reported 1706 posts with 86% accuracy
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2015, 10:31:45 AM

-snip-
actually I have reported *1706 posts , I wanted to say "in these last months (february-march) I reported those 200 posts but my accuracy is still immovable at 86%". Sorry if I was not clear in my previous post.

*You have reported 1706 posts with 86% accuracy

Since I already have a spreadsheet up, I did the calculation again. 1469 good vs. 239 bad turns out to be 0.8600702576% and thus barely over 86%. To reach 87% you need to get to 1600 good vs. 239 bad, or 131 more good ones without a single bad one. Again ignoring unhandled.

Muhammed Zakir

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2015, 10:48:44 AM

Thank you, shorena! I appreciate your help.

dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1353

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 12:29:35 PM

Well I was quite baffled as to how it is calculated, because in the past few days I reported posts that I think were unrelated to the OP itself, and after waiting for several hours, my accuracy is still at 0%. However, I checked it again when I reported another post that is unrelated to the original discussion, and there it is displayed that I am 100% accurate with regards to my reports. So far I have reported 5 posts (and it was an achievement for me, yes) with 100% accuracy.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2015, 12:49:15 PM

Well I was quite baffled as to how it is calculated, because in the past few days I reported posts that I think were unrelated to the OP itself, and after waiting for several hours, my accuracy is still at 0%. However, I checked it again when I reported another post that is unrelated to the original discussion, and there it is displayed that I am 100% accurate with regards to my reports. So far I have reported 5 posts (and it was an achievement for me, yes) with 100% accuracy.

It just takes some time for mods to actually handle your report. While the reports are not handled (some reports might never get handled) they do not influence the accuracy.

dothebeats
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 02:05:24 PM

It just takes some time for mods to actually handle your report. While the reports are not handled (some reports might never get handled) they do not influence the accuracy.

I see now. Does that mean that any report that I've made that was not handled by the mods wouldn't affect my current accuracy in submitting these reports?
Muhammed Zakir

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2015, 05:44:47 PM

Good reports: Increase accuracy rating.
Bad reports: Decrease accuracy rating.
Ignored/unhandled reports: Won't affect your rating.

dothebeats
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 05:51:26 PM

Good reports: Increase accuracy rating.
Bad reports: Decrease accuracy rating.
Ignored/unhandled reports: Won't affect your rating.

Well, that seems to be pretty much everything that I need to know in reporting posts. So far I haven't reported anything that helped me decrease my accuracy in such a thing.
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 4111

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 06:00:52 PM

I'm closing in on the 2000 mark and it's been at 99% for about a month or so. But, before that I was on 98% for pretty much the whole duration that I was reporting. It's calculated in percentages so you won't see the difference very often if you've reported a large amount of posts. It can take a while to handle some of the reports, normally ones that aren't newbies posting the topic/reply because, of the limited amount of staff higher than patrollers.

I've had to wait for around 6-8 hours for higher than newbies posts to be removed, and 2 hours maximum for newbie posts to be removed/dealt with.
cakir
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

★ BitClave ICO: 15/09/17 ★

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2015, 08:06:37 PM

It's really hard to calculate but, there's a way to do it.
That's my stat: You have reported 66 posts with 91% accuracy

(total accurate)*100 / (total handled)
60*100/66 = 90.090909... %91.

If I report one more message it won't affect my percentage till it's handled.

,'#██+:                 
              ,█████████████'             
            +██████████████████           
          ;██████████████████████         
         ███████:         .███████`       
        ██████               ;█████'      
      `█████                   #████#     
      ████+                     `████+    
     ████:                        ████,   
    ████:    .#              █     ████   
   ;███+     ██             ███     ████  
   ████     ███'            ███.    '███, 
  +███     #████           ,████     ████ 
  ████     █████ .+██████: █████+    `███.
 ,███     ███████████████████████     ████
 ████     ███████████████████████'    :███
 ███:    +████████████████████████     ███`
 ███     █████████████████████████`    ███+
,███     ██████████████████████████    #███
'███    '██████████████████████████    ;███
#███    ███████████████████████████    ,███
████    ███████████████████████████.   .███
████    ███████████████████████████'   .███
+███    ███████████████████████████+   :███
:███    ███████████████████████████'   +███
 ███    ███████████████████████████.   ███#
 ███.   #██████████████████████████    ███,
 ████    █████████████████████████+   `███
 '███    '████████████████████████    ████
  ███;    ███████████████████████     ███;
  ████     #████████████████████     ████ 
   ███#     .██████████████████     `███+ 
   ████`      ;██████████████       ████  
    ████         '███████#.        ████.  
    .████                         █████   
     '████                       █████    
      #████'                    █████     
       +█████`                ██████      
        ,██████:           `███████       
          ████████#;,..:+████████.        
           ,███████████████████+          
             .███████████████;            
                `+███████#,               
twister (OP)

Activity: 672
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2015, 05:47:25 AM

Accuracry is calculated in percentages, and if you have a lot of posts reported,its possible that percentage wont increase enough for it to be visible.

cheers

That's a good advice right there. Thanks

Thanks to others for trying to make it clear to me how it is calculated. I think I have an idea now but I am gonna follow the above advice and not be too concerned about it. If I see something which I find to be wrong or illegal or against the forum rules, I'll continue reporting it, if my percentage increases, great! If it doesn't, no worries! Smiley

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████