Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2019, 01:31:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 0.18.0 [Torrent] (New!)
 
   Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Does investing on a bitcoin dice bankroll a good idea?  (Read 1543 times)
thebenjamincode
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Activity: 490
Merit: 500


37iGtdUJc2xXTDkw5TQZJQX1Wb98gSLYVP


View Profile
April 17, 2015, 08:13:33 AM
Last edit: April 17, 2015, 04:16:36 PM by thebenjamincode
 #1

hi there everyone
i just need some advice because i would like to invest at satoshidice and i would like to know your opinion whether it is good to invest there or not?

mod note: ref removed
1561599093
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1561599093

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
1561599093
Reply with quote  #2

1561599093
Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
1561599093
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1561599093

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
1561599093
Reply with quote  #2

1561599093
Report to moderator
1561599093
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1561599093

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
1561599093
Reply with quote  #2

1561599093
Report to moderator
1561599093
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1561599093

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
1561599093
Reply with quote  #2

1561599093
Report to moderator
Josepht
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Activity: 938
Merit: 514



View Profile WWW
April 17, 2015, 08:24:11 AM
 #2

Considering the fact that they share only 50% of the house edge with the investors, I'd say no.
On the other hand: the house edge is quite high, so 50% of that is still a lot.


I don't think that satoshidice has a lot of volume. I think investing in sites with higher volume is a better thing to do.

Where to gamble with your BTC? | BitcoinCasinoSource.info     Website      and       thread 
thebenjamincode
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Activity: 490
Merit: 500


37iGtdUJc2xXTDkw5TQZJQX1Wb98gSLYVP


View Profile
April 17, 2015, 08:32:38 AM
 #3

Considering the fact that they share only 50% of the house edge with the investors, I'd say no.
On the other hand: the house edge is quite high, so 50% of that is still a lot.


I don't think that satoshidice has a lot of volume. I think investing in sites with higher volume is a better thing to do.

well what website do you prefer?
majeis
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Activity: 448
Merit: 250


View Profile
April 17, 2015, 08:39:25 AM
 #4

Considering the fact that they share only 50% of the house edge with the investors, I'd say no.
On the other hand: the house edge is quite high, so 50% of that is still a lot.


I don't think that satoshidice has a lot of volume. I think investing in sites with higher volume is a better thing to do.

well what website do you prefer?

This website will give you more than enough information to come to a reasonable decision regarding bitcoin gambling investments:

https://thebitcoinstrip.com/blog/investing-in-bitcoin-casinos.html

It's a pretty long read, but it should answer nearly every question you might have.


▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
▀██████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████
BTC  ◉PLAY  ◉XMR  ◉DOGE  ◉STRAT  ◉ETH  ◉GRC  ◉LTC  ◉DASH  ◉PPC
     ▄▄██████████████▄▄
  ▄██████████████████████▄        █████
▄██████████████████████████▄      █████
████ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ████     ▄██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ▄██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ██
████ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ████ ▄██████▄
████████████████████████████ ████████
███████▀            ▀███████ ▀██████▀
█████▀                ▀█████
▀██████████████████████████▀
  ▀▀████████████████████▀▀ 
DICE           
BLACKJACK
PLINKO       
VIDEO POKER
ROULETTE     
LOTTO            
birdcat90
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Activity: 602
Merit: 500



View Profile
April 17, 2015, 11:01:24 AM
 #5

Considering the fact that they share only 50% of the house edge with the investors, I'd say no.
On the other hand: the house edge is quite high, so 50% of that is still a lot.


I don't think that satoshidice has a lot of volume. I think investing in sites with higher volume is a better thing to do.

yeah, we better to invest on high volume gambling site so we have more room for profit or loss..

50% is the highest profit share, regarding the result is loss or profit we always got it..and sometimes they only paid for 20%..

<a href="http://www.freebiebitcoin.com">Earn free bitcoin</a>
Twipple
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Activity: 462
Merit: 250


View Profile
April 17, 2015, 11:10:55 AM
 #6

I thought the satoshi dice was under a different management now, and under different owners. If its a new owner, I would suggest not investing in it, for obvious reasons that you shouldn't invest in online casinos under bitcoin.
zetaray
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Activity: 658
Merit: 500


View Profile
April 17, 2015, 11:15:23 AM
 #7

It is good idea if the owner of the dice site do not run away with investor's coins

.CryptoTotal.com.
                              l█████████▇▀
                              ████████▇▀
                              ███████▇▀
                              ██████▇▀
                              █████▇▀
                              ████▇▀
                              ███▇▀
                              ██▇▀
                              █▇▀
                              ▇▀
▇▇
▇▇

Express.Crypto.Checkout
Accepts Multiple Cryptos
Worldwide Shipping
asuryan180
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000


View Profile
April 17, 2015, 11:20:26 AM
 #8

hi there everyone
i just need some advice because i would like to invest at satoshidice and i would like to know your opinion whether it is good to invest there or not?

mod note: ref removed

I am not sure how good of an idea investing in dice sites is anymore, you want to get into a dice site on the ground floor which you have a very good feeling will become a contender within whatever timespan you are happy with waiting etc.

If i was to invest in a dice site now i would choose Dadice because they are new but they are good and i am 70% they will be 1 of the top dice sites in the not so distant future. Take a look, shop around and make a decision based on what you believe is a good idea from your research...

fox19891989
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000



View Profile
April 17, 2015, 11:26:02 AM
 #9

If they will not run away with your funds, share 50% house edge is very high.

Current owner acquired satoshidice for over 120000+ btc, I think they will not run away with your funds in recent years because their investment is over 120000 btc. If they want to screw their investment, just run away with house fund, but the house fund can't cover that principal.
waterpile
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Activity: 602
Merit: 500


View Profile
April 17, 2015, 11:35:46 AM
 #10

It depends on the situation if you're like risking 50btc for a percentage of _>1% then the risk is not worth it. You might as well find a better place to invest it.
shulio
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1016


View Profile
April 17, 2015, 12:15:57 PM
Last edit: April 17, 2015, 12:31:37 PM by shulio
 #11

hi there everyone
i just need some advice because i would like to invest at satoshidice and i would like to know your opinion whether it is good to invest there or not?

mod note: ref removed

I do think personally that it is good decision to invest in there because the site is on the new management, someone who buy the site from the previous owner spend alot to run the site, and it will take a while for him to recover what he paid for the previous owner, so it is a good decision, but always know that there are always a risk no matter which site do you put your investment on as there are no guarantee that it will run with your bitcoin


try to use this site for calculator to check your annual return in some casino

https://thebitcoinstrip.com/blog/investing-in-bitcoin-casinos.html
Sarthak
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Activity: 532
Merit: 501

Error 404: there seems to be nothing here.


View Profile
April 17, 2015, 12:25:49 PM
 #12

Considering the fact that they share only 50% of the house edge with the investors, I'd say no.
On the other hand: the house edge is quite high, so 50% of that is still a lot.


I don't think that satoshidice has a lot of volume. I think investing in sites with higher volume is a better thing to do.

Volume really makes no difference. Satoshidice has the highest house edge compared to other major competitors like Just Dice and Primedice! That for sure increases your chance of getting more profit! But Investing in JD isn't a bad idea until big whales like Nakowa get really really lucky Smiley

WhatTheGox
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000



View Profile
April 17, 2015, 12:37:26 PM
 #13

hi there everyone
i just need some advice because i would like to invest at satoshidice and i would like to know your opinion whether it is good to invest there or not?

mod note: ref removed

I'd probably pick a high volume dice site to invest in since high volume is key to keeping you investment going up steady vs big swings from the house having bad days.
srgkrgkj
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000



View Profile
April 17, 2015, 12:48:58 PM
 #14

personally ive made some profit off investing 0.1 on satoshidice Cheesy so making profit does depend on the site and the volume Cheesy

shulio
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1016


View Profile
April 17, 2015, 12:56:31 PM
 #15

personally ive made some profit off investing 0.1 on satoshidice Cheesy so making profit does depend on the site and the volume Cheesy

How many does you invest in the site and whats the kelly for your investment? It will only depends on the volume, and you should consider to add some luck factor there as even there is a house edge for the players, there is no doubt that the entire bankroll could be wiped out once someone got lucky enough or "cheated" (huflepuff)
srgkrgkj
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000



View Profile
April 17, 2015, 01:02:06 PM
 #16

personally ive made some profit off investing 0.1 on satoshidice Cheesy so making profit does depend on the site and the volume Cheesy

How many does you invest in the site and whats the kelly for your investment? It will only depends on the volume, and you should consider to add some luck factor there as even there is a house edge for the players, there is no doubt that the entire bankroll could be wiped out once someone got lucky enough or "cheated" (huflepuff)

hmm true it does depend on luck so your investment value can decrease :O its basically gambling against a gambler Cheesy

Sarthak
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Activity: 532
Merit: 501

Error 404: there seems to be nothing here.


View Profile
April 17, 2015, 01:09:00 PM
 #17

Here's a question I got for you guys:

For eg JD's Bankroll is 0 (Don't Laugh, Its just an example)! I invest 1 BTC there, And another gambler comes in and loses 1 BTC! So I get 1.9 BTC and 0.1 goes to dooglus... But I think the odds aren't on my side if the gambler knows when to stop!
The chances of gambler to double his money is 49.5%.. My odds are 50.5%

But if the gambler wins he gets 2x of the bet amount i.e. 2 BTC
But if I(house) win/s, I just get 90% profit i.e. 1.9 BTC

So isn't it better to gamble yourself and stop on the right time rather than investing on the house?

fox19891989
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000



View Profile
April 17, 2015, 01:16:54 PM
 #18

Here's a question I got for you guys:

For eg JD's Bankroll is 0 (Don't Laugh, Its just an example)! I invest 1 BTC there, And another gambler comes in and loses 1 BTC! So I get 1.9 BTC and 0.1 goes to dooglus... But I think the odds aren't on my side if the gambler knows when to stop!
The chances of gambler to double his money is 49.5%.. My odds are 50.5%

But if the gambler wins he gets 2x of the bet amount i.e. 2 BTC
But if I(house) win/s, I just get 90% profit i.e. 1.9 BTC

So isn't it better to gamble yourself and stop on the right time rather than investing on the house?


No, you are wrong. "gamble yourself and stop on the right time" is very very very difficult, or everyone will be a winner, we may lose all of your money in the long term, but house is always winning in the long term because they have 1% house edge.
shulio
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1016


View Profile
April 17, 2015, 01:19:04 PM
 #19

Here's a question I got for you guys:

For eg JD's Bankroll is 0 (Don't Laugh, Its just an example)! I invest 1 BTC there, And another gambler comes in and loses 1 BTC! So I get 1.9 BTC and 0.1 goes to dooglus... But I think the odds aren't on my side if the gambler knows when to stop!
The chances of gambler to double his money is 49.5%.. My odds are 50.5%

But if the gambler wins he gets 2x of the bet amount i.e. 2 BTC
But if I(house) win/s, I just get 90% profit i.e. 1.9 BTC

So isn't it better to gamble yourself and stop on the right time rather than investing on the house?


good point, but you forgot to consider that a gambler seldom stop if he is in profit already, he might continue to go, this is better for the house in long term since there is a 1 % house edge everytime a gambler play, and it is notlikely that you will bust your 100% bankroll in one go, most sites allow 1 % of the bankroll as the max win, so if you got 1 btc, then max win will be 0.01 and max bet will be 0.005 with 2x chance for payout
ndnh
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1001


New Decentralized Nuclear Hobbit


View Profile
April 17, 2015, 02:33:39 PM
 #20

Here's a question I got for you guys:

For eg JD's Bankroll is 0 (Don't Laugh, Its just an example)! I invest 1 BTC there, And another gambler comes in and loses 1 BTC! So I get 1.9 BTC and 0.1 goes to dooglus... But I think the odds aren't on my side if the gambler knows when to stop!
The chances of gambler to double his money is 49.5%.. My odds are 50.5%

But if the gambler wins he gets 2x of the bet amount i.e. 2 BTC
But if I(house) win/s, I just get 90% profit i.e. 1.9 BTC

So isn't it better to gamble yourself and stop on the right time rather than investing on the house?


I didn't get your point.

Gambling has negative EV.

Investing in the bankroll has poitive EV.

How can negative be more than positive Huh
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.
Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!