Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 02:48:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Have you had a successful service w/ bitmixer.io?
Yes! Would recommend. - 20 (87%)
No... wth - 3 (13%)
Total Voters: 23

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How is BitMixer.io? Successful service or no go poll! | Stats for us all  (Read 3224 times)
MadMaximus (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 11:27:46 AM

Let us use stats to rate the bitmixer.io service!  Click yes or no if one has had a successful service w/ bitmixer.io.

Trying to find a new mixing service after a previous bad experience.
rammy2k2
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 08:27:40 PM

You could use the search function and answer your question.  Wink
Lorenzo

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 10:46:11 PM

Let us use stats to rate the bitmixer.io service!  Click yes or no if one has had a successful service w/ bitmixer.io.

Here is their official thread. They have a signature campaign currently running as well and they have built up a pretty good reputation in the past year or so. Their service has definitely been legitimate so far and they claim to delete logs after 12 hours which is good to see. You should have no problems with them as long as you don't confuse them with the similarly-named Bitmixer.info which is a confirmed scam site:

hi
i just want to share this sad story before anyone else fall into the trap.
I came across this coin mixing site http://bitmixer.info/

At first it says minimum deposit is 0.1BTC for the service to work.
After i deposited 0.0999BTC (i wasn't aware of the 0.0001 deduction at first)

The minimum value suddenly changes to 1BTC. So i deposited 1BTC to the account.

Now the minimum amount says 1.8532546 BTC

I emailed the support but no response from them. I guess no matter how much you deposit, the minimum value will keep increasing until you quit. They wont give you your coin back.

I guess that's my bad luck today... hope nobody else fall for this scam website.

First deposit:
https://blockchain.info/address/12Htgj66bivqnHXzU1gLZTRSK3rRA5ZsWL

Second deposit:
https://blockchain.info/address/12Pz37vTGctbZ6p2WQtPcyAZvoBtgixjuf

Of course, it's possible that the real Bitmixer.io could suddenly run off with your funds and disappear (especially since the owner is anonymous) but if you look at how much coins they move per month (25,000 BTC by one estimate) and their fees (0.5%), it's obvious that they get a lot of money from running the site the way it is so I can't see any reason why they would do so.

Their large volume compared to other mixers is one of the best things about Bitmixer.io. Mixers that move more coins tend to produce more successful results. The only other legitimate mixer that I can think of which has large volume is Shared Coin which while probably being more reputable since it is owned by Blockchain.info, also provides a slightly lower level of privacy.
waterpile

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 11:12:33 PM

I have only used their service for one before and the transaction went smooth.
OROBTC
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 02:48:31 AM

I have used them many times, every time has worked out fine with just one glitch (and that was resolved OK).  They seem to be relatively inexpensive, they also seem to use a different mixing algorithm than blockchain.info´s SharedCoin (also a good mixer).

I am not affiliated with them in any way, other than receiving 0.0007 BTC per post (signature campaign) and of course being a happy customer.

Carefully follow their instructions, and you will be fine.  <===

As Lorenzo (above) said, do not use bitmixer.info!
bitbaby

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2015, 04:05:30 AM

I haven't used their service (never felt any need) but so far I have not seen any bad reviews of them and therefore I guess it is safe to assume that they're a legit bitcoin mixing service.

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 2337

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 04:18:42 AM

Their anon nature makes it very difficult to determine if it is appropriate to trust them or not. While they have been very successful in the past it is not possible to know who is behind them or if they are actually not keeping records of their customers.

Additionally they had mentioned engaging in several actives in the past that could have resulted in them losing large amounts of bitcoin which could make them undercapitalized. For example they had mentioned that they might consider washing several hundred BTC via various exchanges to further distort the source of coins received by bit mixer however late last year bitstamp stopped allow  people who had not completed identity verification to withdraw funds, there was even a scam accusation opened against them by a very new user. 

It would also be very difficult to know if the government had seized their private keys/servers which would allow the government to easily see both the input and output addresses of their customers.
niktitan132
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 07:21:44 AM

I used their mixing service few times and all went fast and smooth.

But,I wouldn't trust them with too much money.
twister

Activity: 672
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2015, 07:30:36 AM

I have used Bitmixer.io twice and one time the coins were a little late in coming to my address and it almost gave me an heart attack but they did appear in my address shortly. I think they are safe but just be cautious and don't mix too many coins at once (do it in small quantities).

The thing about Coin Mixers in general is, you're sending coins to an unknown third party and you can never truly know whether you'll get your coins back or not. All the exchanges which were hacked or pretended to be hacked and stole coins were once 'trusted'.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
  ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦   
0.8%-1% House Edge
[/
arallmuus
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1414

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2015, 11:05:48 AM

It is hard to determine wether the service been successfull or not, because there is no such data about how many coins being mixed or their service being used by users daily. However due to that there isnt any severe complain from their thread, It can be actually safe to say that their service is being successfull.

Just one thing, that is their instruction is actually hard to be understand by those with poor english. So i suppose some people might have actually experienced a bad experience with bitmixer due to unable to follow the instructions

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
erpbridge
Legendary

Activity: 954

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 11:12:29 AM

I find bitmixer a very reliable mixing site, I have used it a couple of times to mix volumes of around 1-5 BTC and never had problems, never even heard a negative review about it.
Which site did you have a bad experience on ?

The thing about Coin Mixers in general is, you're sending coins to an unknown third party and you can never truly know whether you'll get your coins back or not. All the exchanges which were hacked or pretended to be hacked and stole coins were once 'trusted'.

You can't but if something like this was happening, you would have many scam accusations thread already on it. In that respect, I have never heard anything negative about bitmixer
Omikifuse
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1009

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 11:20:31 AM

Yes, they are trustworthy, but anonymous.
More or less like btc-e, it is possible that they suddenly disappear with everyone's money, but highly unlikely, given the reputation they build

josef2000

Activity: 280

Bro, you need to try http://dadice.com

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2015, 04:44:56 PM

Bitmixer is trustworthy and works flawless. It is 100% anonym and you can change the fees to what you like (0.5% min) so the mixing result is almost unique for every user and is almost impossible to trace back if you use a custom fee (lets say 0.8$%) - this is impossible for others to trace back, because they dont know how much fee you paid.
I have joined their sig campaign, I loved the automatic system for it.

My opinion:
They have some very good programming and marketing skills. The profit for their website is well owned. There wasnt any downtime or whatsoever. I think they are the best bitcoin laundry service that provides full anonymity on the internet (besides the darknet)

Do you mind telling us your bad experience?

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█   ⚂⚄⚀⚃⚅⚁    ██  d a d i c e  ██    Next Generation Dice Game
• Low 1% house edge. • Provably Fair.  
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
twister

Activity: 672
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2015, 06:44:39 PM

You can't but if something like this was happening, you would have many scam accusations thread already on it. In that respect, I have never heard anything negative about bitmixer

I never said that I heard or saw anything negative about them. And SO FAR they have proven to be a very legit service but you really can't predict when something would go wrong which is why I advised OP to Mix his coins in small quantities.

When it comes to Bitcoin one should always practice safety and don't go blind trusting anyone.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
  ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦   
0.8%-1% House Edge
[/
Gisado

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Yoohoo

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 06:59:29 AM

I just use exchanges for laundrying my coins. Deposit some amount, withdraw 1/3 after few hours, and wait a 6 or 12 hrs, withdraw 1/3 again, and same once again.
ShetKid

Activity: 392

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 07:31:32 AM

I just use exchanges for laundrying my coins. Deposit some amount, withdraw 1/3 after few hours, and wait a 6 or 12 hrs, withdraw 1/3 again, and same once again.

The fees on bitmixer.io is only 0.5% plus a 0.0005 BTC. If you plan on mixing a smaller amount than 0.3 BTC, then Bitmixer would be a better option, and as for the exchanges, they do keep records. Bitmixer currently claims to be keeping no record so if you get in a legal dispute, bitmixer would be a safer option, as long as they don't keep records
Gisado

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Yoohoo

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 08:01:35 AM

The fees on bitmixer.io is only 0.5% plus a 0.0005 BTC. If you plan on mixing a smaller amount than 0.3 BTC, then Bitmixer would be a better option, and as for the exchanges, they do keep records. Bitmixer currently claims to be keeping no record so if you get in a legal dispute, bitmixer would be a safer option, as long as they don't keep records
If they truly don't keep the logs, then how can they resolve the problem in case of problem? My coins are lost then?

and I use bitfinex, as I can withdraw with no fee (and no verification needed for btc deposit)
sandy47bt

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 08:41:55 AM

I never use BitMixer since i never need mix my coins
But, i think BitMixer is successful service since 25k bitcoins are processed every month

You can see the news here : https://www.coinprices.io/articles/the-essential-role-of-mixing-services-bitmixer-processes-25k-btc-per-month
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 2337

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 02:56:14 PM

If they truly don't keep the logs, then how can they resolve the problem in case of problem? My coins are lost then?

and I use bitfinex, as I can withdraw with no fee (and no verification needed for btc deposit)
They will give you a signed message with very specific terms that is signed by their 1Bitmixer..... address. If there is a problem then you present the signed message that you saved then they can give you the proper amount of coins to the output addresses.

It is hard to determine wether the service been successfull or not, because there is no such data about how many coins being mixed or their service being used by users daily. However due to that there isnt any severe complain from their thread, It can be actually safe to say that their service is being successfull.

If they released this kind of information then it would be possible to determine their addresses which would make their service less effective.
btc-facebook
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1015

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 03:45:19 PM

Yes, they are trustworthy, but anonymous.
More or less like btc-e, it is possible that they suddenly disappear with everyone's money, but highly unlikely, given the reputation they build

Since the process was instant so There's small chance bitmixer got our money out. If someone experience it, the scam accusation will be made in no time.
For now this service is trustworthy and usefull for some purpose
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: