Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 01:54:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 10K BTC accidentally lost - may be somebody could help me find them!  (Read 1630 times)
yet_another_bitcoiner (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 04:31:47 PM

It was usual rainy spring day, when I was sitting near the window and thinking about sad situation, happened to me: I lost almost all of my money because of carders and my mood was even dirtier than the weather. Also, in that times my small business was suffering losses and I decided to cell it or to turn a tide. I googled a lot, trying to find best solution, just look for my google queries in order to understand my state of mind:

- "how cell business quickly";
- "is it really impossible to cell busines quickly?";
- "how improve public catering point";
- "deliver large amount of whiskey to home";
- "cartoons about pony online"

One of the serach results contained something about bitcoin and I read some article without any interest. My first assotiations to bitcoin were "motorbike in Tokyo", "torrent", "shatter to 256 parts". I told about bitcoin to my friend and he surprisingly inflamed with bitcoin and helped me to implement bitcoin payments in my humble web site.

Few weeks later after bitcoin payment implementation, some customer put an order in my site. His nickname was "lasso" or "lazlo", I don't remember and he proposed to give me ridiculous sum  - about 10K bitcoins for 2 pizzas. Surely, I laughed and told to my friend: "Look! This guy thinks I'm a pizza donator!" My friend convinced me to be kind and accept this proposal. I put all this 10K bitcoins to my old laptop and forgot about them. Month later, I had to cell my business in order to close all my debts and also sold my laptop.

...In November, 2013 I had heard bitcoin price and from that time to the moment my only wish is to find a guy who purchased my laptop. If you read this please, return me my laptop, you anyway doesn't know my private key! I will give you 100BTC, just return me my laptop!!!!!

marcotheminer
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1049

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 04:41:00 PM

What even is this?
harlenadler

Activity: 430
Merit: 250

Agent of Chaos

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 04:46:03 PM

Though this really really sounds ridiculous but it is one of the best made up stories till now .
So are you 'jercos' Huh
RocketSingh
Legendary

Activity: 1662
Merit: 1050

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 04:53:04 PM

...In November, 2013 I had heard bitcoin price and from that time to the moment my only wish is to find a guy who purchased my laptop. If you read this please, return me my laptop, you anyway doesn't know my private key! I will give you 100BTC, just return me my laptop!!!!!

If you have your private key, you have your bitcoins. You dont need to beg for your laptop.

Sarthak

Activity: 518
Merit: 501

Error 404: there seems to be nothing here.

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 04:54:57 PM

I am really confused why only the "newbie" trolls loose their bitcoins in their dream Huh

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 04:55:45 PM

Wow, looks like I found my former customer - https://bitcointalk.org/?topic=137.0

It's so sad I sold my laptop with laszlo's btc to somebody. Life is very strange thing... who knowed, that 10K btc will be ~ 2.5 millions for now(((
Sarthak

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 04:59:04 PM

Wow, looks like I found my former customer - https://bitcointalk.org/?topic=137.0

It's so sad I sold my laptop with laszlo's btc to somebody. Life is very strange thing... who knowed, that 10K btc will be ~ 2.5 millions for now(((

Will you please shut up? I saw your last post and you were posting your qoinpro referral link! Why does someone who used to have 10k BTC  even use a service and use it's referral link when that service pays you 1k satoshi per year? Plus that pizza was sold a long time ago. You just registered in feb 2014  Undecided

josef2000

Activity: 280

Bro, you need to try http://dadice.com

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2015, 05:01:36 PM

I quite dont get the private key thing. You own the private key, but the laptop doesnt have it on it? What do you mean he doesnt have the private key? If your wallet is installed on the laptop there will be a private key there.
And also, if you want to access a wallet you only need to import private key, not both private + public
You dont even have basic bitcoin knowledge and own 10k btc?!

Obviously, this is the longest troll I have read from a newbie Wink

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█   ⚂⚄⚀⚃⚅⚁    ██  d a d i c e  ██    Next Generation Dice Game
• Low 1% house edge. • Provably Fair.  
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
EcuaMobi
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1469

https://Ecua.Mobi

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2015, 05:03:30 PM

I quite dont get the private key thing. You own the private key, but the laptop doesnt have it on it? What do you mean he doesnt have the private key? If your wallet is installed on the laptop there will be a private key there.
And also, if you want to access a wallet you only need to import private key, not both private + public
You dont even have basic bitcoin knowledge and own 10k btc?!

Obviously, this is the longest troll I have read from a newbie Wink

OP is obviously trolling, or wants to grab some donations. Regarding the private key thing I'm pretty sure he means the wallet.dat is in the laptop but it's encrypted. So OP has the password and the person who bought the laptop could have the encrypted wallet.dat.

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 05:03:35 PM

Guys, take it easy. Especially Sarthak))

I wrote this post with "overflowing" sarcasm and if somebody can't detect it he has problems with sense of humour))

Just read again - cartoons about pony online (intentionally wrote this Grin), motorbike in Tokyo(Nakamoto), shatter to 256 parts (SHA-256).
Sarthak

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 05:05:01 PM

I wrote this post with "overflowing" sarcasm and if somebody can't detect it he has problems with sense of humour))

Just read again - cartoons about pony online (intentionally wrote this Grin), motorbike in Tokyo(Nakamoto), shatter to 256 parts (SHA-256).

Oh sorry Tongue
You were trolling in a stupid manner! Annoying trolling Tongue

Edit: I am amazed that you made this account in feb 2014 just to write this post Tongue

Blazr

Activity: 882
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 05:05:27 PM

That made me chuckle. Cheesy ... not the OP, but the people who thought he was serious. Sometimes I wonder if people on Bitcointalk actually read the posts, perhaps they're too busy spamming sigs.

redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 05:08:35 PM

Oh sorry Tongue
You were trolling in a stupid manner! Annoying trolling Tongue

Edit: I am amazed that you made this account in feb 2014 just to write this post Tongue

The troll is nearly an art, and the op is a real artist. Well done  @yet_another_bitcoiner!

That made me chuckle. Cheesy ... not the OP, but the people who thought he was serious.

Really a substantial thread Roll Eyes. This forum is really awesome, every day a news user post with a fantasious story about "bitcoin".
josef2000

Activity: 280

Bro, you need to try http://dadice.com

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2015, 05:09:43 PM

Dont always alarm troll busters with these artistic posts Wink Things could sometimes get serious.

█   ⚂⚄⚀⚃⚅⚁    ██  d a d i c e  ██    Next Generation Dice Game
• Low 1% house edge. • Provably Fair.  
amiryaqot
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 05:10:04 PM

That made me chuckle. Cheesy ... not the OP, but the people who thought he was serious.

agreed with you that sounds really funny every time a newbie come with kind of kind story to lose 10k, 15k bitcoin,
if they really lose than they are big stupid Wink

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 05:10:16 PM

Regarding the private key thing I'm pretty sure he means the wallet.dat is in the laptop but it's encrypted. So OP has the password and the person who bought the laptop could have the encrypted wallet.dat.

Yep, I planned to write this version but decided to open my joke earlier))
cryptoforcause

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 05:12:26 PM

That made me chuckle. Cheesy ... not the OP, but the people who thought he was serious. Sometimes I wonder if people on Bitcointalk actually read the posts, perhaps they're too busy spamming sigs.

Thats the height of trolling..

Though I recommend OP to please try posting stories which sounds real.. Tongue
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2015, 05:19:10 PM

I almost feel for the story till I read the replies of the user. It won't be strange if someone did that earlier in 2009-10 as bitcoin price was $0.001 or merely nothing and a pizza is worth about $6-$7 approx even in 2009 so basically a person would be sending 10K bitcoins for 2 pizzas.

I just found this on wikipedia:

"Feb 2010 – May 2010   less than $0.01   User "laszlo" made the first real-world transaction – he bought 2 pizzas for 10,000 BTC.[74][75] User "SmokeTooMuch" auctioned 10,000 BTC for $50 (cumulatively), but no buyer was found."

So this news is true.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Bitcoin

dopecoindude
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

The Dude Of DopeCoin

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2015, 05:29:21 PM

Are you high ?  Grin

It is here folks. DopeCoinGOLD . The #1 Crypto-Weed Coin.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2015, 05:38:56 PM
Last edit: April 17, 2015, 07:49:56 PM by LaudaM

I almost feel for the story till I read the replies of the user. It won't be strange if someone did that earlier in 2009-10 as bitcoin price was $0.001 or merely nothing and a pizza is worth about $6-$7 approx even in 2009 so basically a person would be sending 10K bitcoins for 2 pizzas.
I just found this on wikipedia:

"Feb 2010 – May 2010   less than $0.01   User "laszlo" made the first real-world transaction – he bought 2 pizzas for 10,000 BTC.[74][75] User "SmokeTooMuch" auctioned 10,000 BTC for $50 (cumulatively), but no buyer was found."

So this news is true.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Bitcoin
Pointing out the obvious are we or are you still new to this?
OP is trying to sell us a fake story. He's trying to pretend that he was the man who took the 10K bitcoins for pizza. People need to stop falling for this nonsense.

Sadly I had something similar happen to me. I lost over 20K BTC the other day. I was just working on my laptop outside when my unicorn bit it; while holding it in its mouth it flew away. Roll Eyes
Note: This is not supposed to be funny. Keep it in your pants instead of going on the offensive.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: