Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:24:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: HardWallet series, hardware based wallets for multiple cryptocurrencies  (Read 3975 times)
kamronk (OP)

Activity: 297
Merit: 250

Bitcoin is to money what the internet was to media

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2015, 06:04:12 PM
Last edit: April 20, 2015, 02:56:25 PM by kamronk

Hello Smiley

A team and I have been working on a project we've been referring to as The Staker simply because of how nice it is for POS coins.

A full fledged ubuntu computer with 1.5Ghz and 1GB RAM, with a web interface built for you to work with the staker you have on your home network. A private crypto website only available from the security of your home or trusted network.

There's a number of solutions for bitcoin, but the important thing here is it's a hardware based solution for multiple cryptocurrencies that have kept the standard json-rpc interface of the bitcoin daemon.

We've built/tested our beta devices, our beta production processes, and our prototype payment portal for the array of options possible with machines such as these, and we are ready to begin selling our first few versions. Our portal will continuously be updated with new coins as they become "available". "Available" meaning that I have built the coin from source, and successfully downloaded the blockchain. Bitcoin itself is coming soon because I'm having to rebuild out a specific interface for it using bitcoinj specifically. You can order a bitcoin version now, but the lead time will be longer than that of other coins which is currently up to 10 business days.

I'm Kamron and I'm the developer of the device's web UI and the tech who will be building these devices as they're ordered. I'm also the one who will be answering most of the technical questions/concerns that come of this ann. I come as one single person of a team from a company called Blockchain Technologies Inc out of Ontario in Canada.

We are actively working with dev teams of cryptos in this space, and are trying to reach out to more as we go along to try and account for specific features in the various cryptocurrencies we have here, and will have in coming time.

You can purchase stakers here for as little as $60 in bitcoin:
http://shop.blockchaintechs.com/

We have a brief video prepared here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXsffNO-YW4

You can find more information on the device and it's specific features in the google doc I've prepared:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bNe-llsXuOuVPj891hYJAkz4xpWbMM12OOdX48shN_8/edit?usp=sharing

You can find more images of the device itself here:
http://imgur.com/o0tfEj4,SCy4h4g,2OhN7Go,xIt1i62,A1flhiv,LjrSAL7,S4DsEBD#6

Here are some more images of the standard UI for various coins (mazacoin is the example here)
http://imgur.com/a/T1KFo#0

We will be customizing the color schemes of the UI for various coins.

We're not only announcing this, but are opening ourselves up to any and all criticism from the community here. Your comments and opinions will help drive the development of this device. We have a vision that reaches as far as mesh networked battery powered devices with solar chargers for the less developed parts of the world, where bitcoin and crypto currency could really make an impact considering it's current reach into societies of developed nations. So we need any and all comments we can get from the intelligent minds that do frequent these forums.

Hoping for a good response on this, and do let me know if there is any more information I should include here in the OP.

Web UI Source: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1028126.msg11144218#msg11144218

The best place for all bitcoin newbies
http://bitcoinintroduction.com/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
AllCryptoAllDay

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2015, 06:30:31 PM

You can purchase stakers here for as little as $60 in bitcoin:
http://shop.blockchaintechs.com/

Thought this needs to be more noticeable so people know where to buy!!!

ftoole

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 06:48:23 PM

What about having the ability for external HDD to have more than 4 coin on one device?
If i have multiple coins is their a dashboard to see the balances for each coin?
Is their a way to see the current value of the coins in BTC and/or Fiat?
Also If i have multiple of these is their away to view the balances of each and the status of each coin with out connecting into each one?
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 06:55:05 PM

This seems like a pretty useful device. More things like these are needed. Custom hardware wallets and custom cold storage solutions offer much better flexibility than the ones existing on the market, being sold in huge quantities Smiley

I wish you luck! I've had some ideas for things like these... But I lack the funds to actually make them real. I also lack coding skills, so no pretty web ui's like yours Smiley
defaced
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1011

Franko is Freedom

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2015, 06:57:58 PM

looks pretty cool!

Fortune Favors the Brave
Borderless CharityEXPANSEEXRAllergy FinderFranko Is Freedom
kamronk (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2015, 07:00:06 PM

What about having the ability for external HDD to have more than 4 coin on one device?\

That is not a bad idea at all, but we would have to account for it in the purchasing portal. I would prefer to test how it would best be implemented into the UI and daemon in case it is removed after powering on the device, but I feel this may be a good approach to the pain point of a limited number of coins.

If i have multiple coins is their a dashboard to see the balances for each coin?

Yes, it will come with a home page showing which coins are built on the device, with links to each coins dedicated page, and then you can navigate from there with the standard UI of each coin. As of this point, the home page does not offer the info you're looking for, but improvements are being made daily.

Is their a way to see the current value of the coins in BTC and/or Fiat?

At this point, no.

Also If i have multiple of these is their away to view the balances of each and the status of each coin with out connecting into each one?

No. I think I answered this in the first question with the home page and navigation, but also on the topic of multiple devices, no we don't have any kind of dashboard to view all devices on your network. You could have multiple tabs open in your web browser though Smiley and then if you have any html experience, you could make your own html page with iframes pointing to the IP address of each device on your network.

kamronk (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2015, 07:01:55 PM

This seems like a pretty useful device. More things like these are needed. Custom hardware wallets and custom cold storage solutions offer much better flexibility than the ones existing on the market, being sold in huge quantities Smiley

I wish you luck! I've had some ideas for things like these... But I lack the funds to actually make them real. I also lack coding skills, so no pretty web ui's like yours Smiley

Thanks! and agreed Smiley

Do share your ideas for anything you think we could do to improve these devices. Not promising immediate improvements but this thread will be reviewed frequently when looking at records of new ideas for improvements.

AllCryptoAllDay

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2015, 08:19:35 PM

Been having a request or 3 for TRON wallet...

I think that should be implemented.

ftoole

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 08:47:01 PM

If a get the 64gb card and only put one coin on it at first will their be an easy way to add more coins?
Also is their a way just to buy a software license?
AllCryptoAllDay

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2015, 08:56:37 PM

If a get the 64gb card and only put one coin on it at first will their be an easy way to add more coins?

We are revising the ability on the shop page to just buy the coins and the sd card flashed with the coins. This is for people who already own a Pi or other micro pc device.

We will have in V2 the ability to add coins through the ui. So short answer yes it will work eventually.

bobcaticus

Activity: 553
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 11:04:15 PM

With the recent trend of people getting their wallets hacked, there has never been a more perfect time for this stand-alone unit.

Great job!
kamronk (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2015, 02:48:04 AM

Of course there is nothing stopping you from building the daemons, but yea there wouldn't be a web UI.

This is an ongoing discussion that really stems from the decision of whether or not to release our code open source. Really the only thing stopping people from cutting us out of the deal is our code, but at the same time there is coming to be an equal amount of headaches totaling up to the battle (if it were to ever come) of someone duplicating our work and/or just building their own.

There's a number of possibilities here, maybe people could provide a bit more insight/opinion here on this subject specifically?

alloffmyhate

Activity: 280

It's Never End

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 08:36:17 AM

Grin wow realy nice but, this now only for altcoin not bitcon ?

kamronk (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2015, 02:39:24 PM

Correct

AllCryptoAllDay

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2015, 04:48:28 PM

Very excited to have our staker on Coin Telegraph!!!

http://cointelegraph.com/news/113996/blockchain-technologies-inc-releases-staker-a-customizable-hardware-wallet?hootPostID=a593dc581aa1e8429ee420a7d88bf415

AllCryptoAllDay

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2015, 04:49:06 PM
Last edit: April 18, 2015, 06:57:34 PM by AllCryptoAllDay

Correct

And for only POS coins, correct??

Any Altcoin can be added...

We are working on a full bitcoin wallet as well.

ftoole

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 12:14:33 AM

How hard will it be to dump the download block chain when every you get on one of them bad forks?
Also will you be able to run remote rpc commands against the daemon?
Can you import private keys or a wallet.dat from elsewere?
kamronk (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2015, 04:03:32 PM

How hard will it be to dump the download block chain when every you get on one of them bad forks?

Well, at this stage you're right, if the device was on a bad blockchain (one that had forked from the network) then it would take a call to us to help you get it on the right track, or a call to one of your linux buddies to help you get into the device and delete the existing blockchain. Then resetting the device (unplug and plug back in) would initiate a new blockchain download. Again though, not an easy process for an end user by any means :/

Also will you be able to run remote rpc commands against the daemon?

Yes, if you were to log in to the device and plug in a keyboard. There is no part in the web UI to handle this though.

Can you import private keys or a wallet.dat from elsewere?

Manually by going into the device, yes, from the web UI, no. This again is not a bad idea though Smiley didn't think of this...

ftoole

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 05:06:13 PM

Is SSH enabled on these devices by default? I hate connecting keyboards and mouses to things. Grin
fonzerrellie
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

Kaspa

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 09:12:37 PM

so we wont be able to buy our own sd cards and add whatever wallets we like?

I was hope'n we would be able to add as many as the system can handle through formatting the SD card to the device then adding standard/windows wallet QT and the AppData/file so we wouldn't have to worry about waiting for blockchains to sync etc and wouldn't have to worry if a coins wallet would be compatible or not.

not sure I understand it all and the process yet, but you deff have me curious 

#Expanse $EXP 500 transactions 4 .1 EXP 1st Clone of ETH 
WAVES
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: