Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 05:28:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Whalecoin (WHAL) - Sha256  (Read 5340 times)
ihascryptos

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

Am i broke yet?

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 08:23:51 AM

sooooo. whats goin on here?

I like tacos!
notabeliever

Activity: 724
Merit: 504

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 01:12:09 AM

Not sure checking myself whether it was worth continuing to mine the coin. So far I've been mining a lot and its been error free.
ihascryptos

Am i broke yet?

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 01:17:54 AM

No problems here. kinda odd. I think that the website is best viewed with Netscape Navigator tho. Very 1996

I like tacos!
ice777

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 01:30:55 AM

Ninja launch? Will keep an eye.
leroyjankins

Activity: 98

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 02:37:12 AM

No problems here. kinda odd. I think that the website is best viewed with Netscape Navigator tho. Very 1996

LOL

I seem to be mining fine. I do think it's funny though, Ninja Launches seem to be the thing right now. I know Tron was that 1 out of 1000 that go big, but at least this dev went ahead and posted an actual website url which is more than most devs post on a ninja launch. I would like to know more. How bout it dev? whats the goal here, save the whales? premine a coin for you so you can change it later? Or is this gonna be like phalanx?
notabeliever

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 04:33:51 AM

I'm still new to all this so I don't know if I want to know the Dev's history or cause to fight for. I would help mine coins if his next text would be a heads up on the exchange and launch.
leroyjankins

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 07:41:20 PM

I'm still new to all this so I don't know if I want to know the Dev's history or cause to fight for. I would help mine coins if his next text would be a heads up on the exchange and launch.

New to crypto or just the forums? Either way, both of them have tons of scams and the main priority here, within the crypto community, is to accumulate as much BTC as you can, by whatever means possible. That is the cold hard fact. Some cryptos make it and the value is usually tied to BTC, some dont and slowly fizzle out of existence, and some are just scams made for a quick pump n dump which in the end kills the coin. The goal in all cases is to get as much bitcoin as possible. Which is kind of sad but its true. You guys that are gonna give me a hard time for that last statement, you know it's true.

I dont know what the WhaleCoin dev is trying to do or what they are planning on accomplishing by not posting AT ALL in the announcement thread but this is usually a good indicator to not spend a whole bunch of time mining this coin and definitely dont spend any btc on it. Maybe get a few thousand via personal mining rig just in case but, if the dev isnt active in the first few days after the launch, showing he/she doesnt care, chances are the coin wont be active either, the community wont give a crap about it, and the coin will end up most likely failing.
ihascryptos

Am i broke yet?

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 07:08:39 PM

since i hold a large amount of these coins (im not the only one)  we should develop this coin to make whoever made it look like a dick

I like tacos!
leroyjankins

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 08:51:17 PM

since i hold a large amount of these coins (im not the only one)  we should develop this coin to make whoever made it look like a dick

I agree, i don't have a large amount.. about 9k or so but I think anyone who has a large amount and invested btc and hash in this should develop it since the dev obviously has bailed. shocker there. I think most coingen releases end up like this. It would be kind of cool to see the PoW phase ended, implement a short high yield PoS, followed by a swap to 50% annual. Of course that would require a new wallet, checkpoint servers and all. Maybe even add stealth addies to make it anon too.. just some thoughts. Remember though, dev premined 90k whale so whatever you do will most likely benefit him/her. So the question is, is it worth it or would it be better just to release a new coin. For me, development is out. This was the first coin I mined with my new miners, so I was able to test their stability at the clock and voltage settings I used for an hour before I swapped them over to nicehash for the win. lol  
notabeliever

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 09:31:32 PM

I have stopped mining whale for now and pointed my u3 to sling. I

Made a bitcoin already from quickly dumping them. 

In the future I wont bother with these new coins unless ipominer has them or supernova with an exchange to dump for sure.
I got an S5 last week and not sure which pool to point to all day. T can believe the speed compared to my S1 and now I'm up at the top with the others in all the pools.
right now I switch between slush, inferno and Btcdigg. all are good  and havent tried westhash yet. Just want to stop watching it and set it to a pool and walk away.
morrisonsa

Activity: 112

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 02:45:57 AM

I have stopped mining whale for now and pointed my u3 to sling. I

Made a bitcoin already from quickly dumping them. 

In the future I wont bother with these new coins unless ipominer has them or supernova with an exchange to dump for sure.
I got an S5 last week and not sure which pool to point to all day. T can believe the speed compared to my S1 and now I'm up at the top with the others in all the pools.
right now I switch between slush, inferno and Btcdigg. all are good  and havent tried westhash yet. Just want to stop watching it and set it to a pool and walk away.

And where did you dump whale at...
notabeliever

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 12:03:59 PM

Can't dump......no exchanges yet....that's my point is why did we mine a coin without an exchange first. I don't have a wallet yet either because what if the node goes dead. Anyone have a clue as if Whalecoin will be on an exchange. CF and Sling made it on the same day the coin came out. Are we mining someone sold coins?

IPOMiner is a reputable pool so I can't believe you would offer to us a coin without an exchange. what do you know about the exchange and when it will be open................May I suggest shutting down your direct port if you don't know.
ihascryptos

Am i broke yet?

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 06:20:35 PM
Last edit: April 21, 2015, 06:40:24 PM by ihascryptos

Can't dump......no exchanges yet....that's my point is why did we mine a coin without an exchange first. I don't have a wallet yet either because what if the node goes dead. Anyone have a clue as if Whalecoin will be on an exchange. CF and Sling made it on the same day the coin came out. Are we mining someone sold coins?

IPOMiner is a reputable pool so I can't believe you would offer to us a coin without an exchange. what do you know about the exchange and when it will be open................May I suggest shutting down your direct port if you don't know.

Dude. We ALWAYS mine without an exchange.  This coin was just a bad pick. I trust Wu to pick good coins and if this was his one bad one to pick for the year im ok with it. We all cant read minds.

I like tacos!
ipominer
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

Mine the hottest new coins at ipoMiner.com

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2015, 06:39:57 PM
Last edit: April 21, 2015, 06:50:23 PM by ipominer

I'm confused why having a direct port with no exchange matters? It's there if people want to mine it; nobody is forced to mine on a direct port, and there are lots of them for different coins.

As far as the multiports go: the main idea behind ipoMiner is to mine new coins. Often, that means mining around launch, before they are on an exchanges. Why? Because that's where the largest profits are made. Of course there's risk involved with brand new coins and some won't work out, but mining a single "hot" new coin can outweigh mining dozens of failed ones for short periods.

Mine the hottest new coins at ipoMiner.com!
99.9% uptime, low fees, custom high performance stratum servers, DDoS-resistant
Support by email at support@ipominer.com or ##ipoMiner on Freenode IRC
HammyCoin

Activity: 363
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 07:36:31 PM

IPOminer added TRON, 8BIT, and SLING early as well. Funny, I don't hear anyone crying about those.
notabeliever

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 01:35:06 AM

Greetings from a fan of IPOminer,

For the record IPOminer did nothing wrong. Some of my issues are lessons for the next time.

To me Whalecoin needed an exchange like Tron and sling had. I don't know what it means for the coin to dump it nor I do not believe any new alt-coint has any chance of making it longterm. What is the plan does it really matter. Dev's create it to make money. Pools make money exchanges make money so can the miners.

I mined this coin only because I trusted that IPominer met with the dev unlike other coins that failed. You would know more than us and have the resources to make things happen. Sling made me 2btc before it lost half its value. Maybe I will change once I make 2 more bitcoins to pay for my equipment. Do really need to hold on to so many altcoin wallets.

Not really sure what altcoin miners intent really is. And Dev's  too. We all have different objectives.  I want to mine the most coins quicker than a bitcoin. Objective sell for a bitcoin.

Bitcoin  mining became harder to mine so someone started to create these little alt-coins (pinksheet stock). One would make a profit  by selling them into bitcoins. The exchanges make money from the fees. Let us dump while you profit from it.

Yes I play with altcoins like I was on the pinksheet stock exchange.  Yes you can loose money however you are always able to take a loss. I don't like to keep wallets of coins because there are too many and they take up too much space on a hard drive which will die some day.

Dev's if you are good and have a good track record , don't be afraid to advertise it.

Lessons:
1. Do not mine a coin unless you have an exchange.
2. Pick coin from thorough and meticulous Dev's. (Tron the best programmed.........stacking built into the wallet great idea Positron Dev.)

Not: I mined epayer coin 5 days before delisting. Why because I couldn't believe how much I was winning in blocks. When It was time for me to remove them from your site the wallet stopped working so all the coins sent to my address disappeared in the cloud?.

5. Keep an eye out for the trash talk vs real talk on Bitcointalk.
ipominer
Legendary

Activity: 1050

Mine the hottest new coins at ipoMiner.com

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2015, 06:10:08 PM

I mined this coin only because I trusted that IPominer met with the dev unlike other coins that failed. You would know more than us and have the resources to make things happen. Sling made me 2btc before it lost half its value. Maybe I will change once I make 2 more bitcoins to pay for my equipment. Do really need to hold on to so many altcoin wallets.

I'm confused about where you got the impression that ipoMiner "met with the dev"? I didn't. The coin was put up for mining on ipoMiner, like many other coins... some are successes, others aren't. We aren't tied to the developers or coins that are mined though.

Mine the hottest new coins at ipoMiner.com!
99.9% uptime, low fees, custom high performance stratum servers, DDoS-resistant
Support by email at support@ipominer.com or ##ipoMiner on Freenode IRC
ihascryptos

Am i broke yet?

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 06:21:11 PM

Let me sum this up for you.

YOU WERE SCAMMED

I WAS SCAMMED

IPOMINER WAS SCAMMED

THIS IS HOW COINS WORK.  MOVE ON TO THE NEXT COIN AND STOP PLAYING THE VICTIM.

you must be new.

I like tacos!
WigitGetIt
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2015, 07:13:59 PM

Let me sum this up for you.

YOU WERE SCAMMED

I WAS SCAMMED

IPOMINER WAS SCAMMED

THIS IS HOW COINS WORK.  MOVE ON TO THE NEXT COIN AND STOP PLAYING THE VICTIM.

you must be new.

notabeliever

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 07:51:45 PM

LOL
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: