Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 06:26:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why are so many people mean here?! lol  (Read 2216 times)
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2015, 04:59:36 PM
Last edit: April 18, 2015, 07:21:38 PM by Lethn

I'm not mean Sad I just can't stand homophobic and xenophobic assholes and other people who try to enforce their own personal or religious beliefs on everybody else.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jerol31

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 05:03:28 PM

I believe they are not mean. They just do not have enough patience.
Clegg

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 05:06:26 PM

The answer, of course, is something like...

Place a couple of vote buttons on each post. Every Username is allowed only one vote (you would have to be logged in to vote). There could be a minimum number of take-down votes (say, 10 or 20) before the post would be removed. But, once the minimum was reached, 10 days later the post would come down unless the keep-post button had more votes than the take-down button.

The original of the post would be kept in the commenter's personal information page unless he deleted it. That way people could go and view posts that they can't find now, that they had read once. It might be appropriate to leave a note in every spot that a post was taken down, so that people know that a post had been there, and where to go to look at it in the commenter's personal information page.

Regarding posts that had been taken down, the vote buttons in the commenter's personal information page might be left active so that there was a chance to restore the page in the future if other voters thought it was a good post after all.

The whole process would be automatic, left up to forum members. This would free up time for the mods.

Roll Eyes

EDIT: Obviously, if you were logged in and voted, you could change your vote simply by voting opposite the way you had voted previously.

This really wouldn't be a good idea especially not on this forum. Many people have several alts here and it would be easy to club together with your e-buddies to tag-team posts you didn't like and have them removed. People would just downvote any opinions they didn't like as opposed to posts that broke the rules. It definitely wouldn't work well and be counter productive to its purpose and also to free discussion.
Krang

Activity: 167

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 05:10:31 PM

I'm not mean Sad I just can't stand homphobic and xenophobic assholes and other people who try to enforce their own personal or religious beliefs on everybody else.

Sometimes I think people think disagreeing with someone is 'being mean' or that you need to be super polite because some people are super sensitive. I think people just need to man up because being sensitive is only going to get you upset all the time.
bf4btc

Activity: 568
Merit: 500

Smoke weed everyday!

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 05:18:31 PM

I'm not mean Sad I just can't stand homphobic and xenophobic assholes and other people who try to enforce their own personal or religious beliefs on everybody else.

Sometimes I think people think disagreeing with someone is 'being mean' or that you need to be super polite because some people are super sensitive. I think people just need to man up because being sensitive is only going to get you upset all the time.

You are not far wrong there, remember that thread how many woman in Bitcoin i think we underestimated how many there are  Cheesy

Jokes aside.

I believe it is like the above says, mean to one person is not mean to another and with all the money and trades involved within this forum disagreeing can't be avoided and stress will surly show it's face some people are new to being able to deal with it.

But.. Disagreements are very good for the brain and everyone who is involved in the debate actually benefits the more there are the wiser one becomes..

████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████▄▄▄█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▀██████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████▀▀▀▀████████

Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2015, 07:24:18 PM

It's not even really anything to do with being sensitive, I get that, what it is is there are people who go around looking for reasons to be offended or are just too stupid to not read or listen to the stuff they find offensive. I get it if they're genuinely trying to make a target out of you or harass you when you want privacy but the sheer aggression from a lot of these assholes lately is pissing me off.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 09:07:12 PM

It's not even really anything to do with being sensitive, I get that, what it is is there are people who go around looking for reasons to be offended or are just too stupid to not read or listen to the stuff they find offensive. I get it if they're genuinely trying to make a target out of you or harass you when you want privacy but the sheer aggression from a lot of these assholes lately is pissing me off.

This is a forum, for crying out loud. How many times haven't I posted something that I thought was important, just to have a bunch of other commenters post so that my post was lost in the past?

Cry, cry cry. All those tears. Grow up and get on with life.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
ndnh
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1005

New Decentralized Nuclear Hobbit

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 09:39:47 PM

Hi. Serious question. I'm new to this forums and new to a few coins I'm looking into, but not new to bitcoin. Any time I make posts or comments, someone always has something really pessimistic or rude or judgmental to say. Just doesn't seem friendly to new people or those who think outside the box. How come? Roll Eyes

You are awesome, bud. Cheesy Smiley Cheesy Smiley Cheesy Smiley Smiley Cheesy Smiley Cheesy Smiley Smiley

Hope, I made up for all that?

Thanks Cheesy Cheesy Smiley Cheesy Smiley Cheesy Smiley Smiley Cheesy Smiley Cheesy Smiley Smiley
stoner19

Activity: 752
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 05:24:26 PM

That is just the nature of BCT. Has been for a long time, unfortunately.
MinerHQ
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1023

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 05:35:21 PM

people are mean everywhere, but people are nice also.
Ghostface

Activity: 68

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 07:40:11 PM

That is just the nature of BCT. Has been for a long time, unfortunately.

It's not just this forum but practically the entire internet. Just pick any youtube video at random and read the comments. The internet just brings out the worst in people sometimes.
ndnh
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1005

New Decentralized Nuclear Hobbit

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 07:44:22 PM
Last edit: April 22, 2015, 08:24:41 PM by ndnhc

I don't agree.

I think almost all the people here are nice. Smiley

Edit: 99% nice. 1% not that nice.
The rest is, okay, mean. Tongue
KryptonS

Activity: 197

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 07:54:22 PM

Because they're on their periods Tongue

1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 08:11:17 PM

50% nice, and 50% not so nice. Keeps everything well balanced.
photon_coin

Activity: 310
Merit: 256

Photon --- The First Child Of Blake Coin --Merged

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2015, 07:56:46 PM

it is a rough crowd on the surface,  mostly a 'locker room ' type atmosphere..... there are some brilliant people however who contribute to this forum that I have learned so much from reading the posts they have done and spending time on my own coding that is often overlooked.

also i have met a few people on the forum (not in rl) who i really consider some of the most inteligent and focused programers I could ever imagine.

If you think you are good at hacking/coding whatever,   hang on here,  If you don't get blown away by some others , maybe in areas you don't know as much about ..... i would be shocked.... and the education continues......

CoinFoxs
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1004

Campaign Management & Translation Service

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 08:13:42 PM

Hahaha Because everyone  jealous from each other lol. And they want earn more and more bitcoins lol Tongue
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3073

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2015, 03:33:38 AM

I think a lot of people are bitter because they purchased bitcoin when the price was higher than it is today.

Others may be bitter because they didn't get into mining soon enough.

I'm not guilty of either, so I'm just bitter because there are so many scammers around.   Wink

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 01:22:25 PM

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
Kajune

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 01:37:18 PM

Don't be bothered by them, they also try to bug me but they just wasting their energy, money, etc.
ObscureBean
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2015, 02:52:21 PM

It's the same everywhere you go and it's the same with everyone you'll ever meet, although people try harder to hide their ugly faces in social settings.
The reason is simple. Humans are limited by the finite amount of knowledge they possess. Every single human alive has adopted a definition of himself/herself, based on his/her likes and dislikes, that he/she feels compelled to live by. However there is no school of thought that is absolute and everyone has to keep their theories/definitions open to accommodate new knowledge gathered along the way. Because of this, certainty of being right is never really possible and everyone is always on the defensive whether it's blatant or not, whether they're even aware of it or not. Depending on a person's particular configuration, he or she can feel threatened when facing ideas that appear to be alien to their own ways. In some cases the only way to alleviate this inner turmoil is for that person to have the last word one way or another.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: