Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:50:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why are so many people mean here?! lol  (Read 2216 times)
iamtheava (OP)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 11:40:58 PM

Hi. Serious question. I'm new to this forums and new to a few coins I'm looking into, but not new to bitcoin. Any time I make posts or comments, someone always has something really pessimistic or rude or judgmental to say. Just doesn't seem friendly to new people or those who think outside the box. How come? Roll Eyes

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 11:53:51 PM

It is just the way people are. Some of them are really nice, some are grumpy and we have some serious squad of trolls here. Nothing is out of ordinary here, if you log to any internet forum or youtube comment section, you can see that it is quite normal that here are constant war between people. Just don't worry about stupid and angry comments and you will be fine Op!
coolcoinz
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1103

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 12:06:20 AM

Because it's not a forum made fun but money. Everyone is grumpy on finance forums, just like they are in real life.

Lorenzo

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 01:24:47 AM

Could it be related to the scams and trolling that happen pretty much regularly nowadays? If you look at the forums as well as the entire Bitcoin community from its creation in 2008/2009 up until today, it's hard to deny that the atmosphere has devolved since the early days. When Satoshi first launched Bitcoin on the cryptography mailing list, the conversations there were very intelligent and the overall atmosphere was pleasant. Even in the early days of this forum in 2009-2010, people were still reasonably nice to each other. Back then, people traded their BTC using PayPal without fear that the other person would try to scam them. People used services without fear that the person behind them would run off with their coins.

Put a lot of people into an environment where greed is rewarded and one misplaced step can kill and of course this will affect people's interactions with one another in a negative way. An atmosphere that breeds distrust and animosity is definitely not conducive to a friendly, warm, and welcoming community.

Bitcoin's main enemy was once fiat currencies and the central banks which regulate and abuse their supply. Now our enemies are each other. Bitcoiners vs. Bitcoiners.

For 99% of people, Bitcoin isn't an interesting technological or even ideological experiment anymore. For them, Bitcoin is just another ticket out of the hell we call life.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 02:32:56 AM

We don't mean to be mean. We simply don't like all the typing that goes into this.

Cheesy

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
bornil267645

Activity: 406

AltoCenter.com

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2015, 04:08:50 AM

People who knows too much dont like people who are just goofing around so whenever they see some "WEAK" post they jump on it and make you look bad. But that doesn't mean that they are jerking you around, it means you should keep learning your stuff... Cheesy

twister

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2015, 06:26:59 AM

People who knows too much dont like people who are just goofing around so whenever they see some "WEAK" post they jump on it and make you look bad. But that doesn't mean that they are jerking you around, it means you should keep learning your stuff... Cheesy

True. But there are people on this forum who are WISE and they're helpful and kind and they try to help the person who is not too knowledgeable in a nice way.

Than there are people who are WISE ASS and they're just too proud of their knowledge and feel everybody else is inferior to them.

But then again there also some trolls who just make stupid posts for no reason and they deserved to get bashed in the head.

@OP: If you find someone who is mean to you, just use the "Ignore" feature and his posts won't be visible to you.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
  ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦   
0.8%-1% House Edge
[/
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3073

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2015, 08:56:22 AM

Hi. Serious question. I'm new to this forums and new to a few coins I'm looking into, but not new to bitcoin. Any time I make posts or comments, someone always has something really pessimistic or rude or judgmental to say. Just doesn't seem friendly to new people or those who think outside the box. How come? Roll Eyes

I see scams/dishonesty everywhere.  I don't inherently trust people.  Some may say that is an issue to work on, but I rarely get scammed.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
jayce
Legendary

Activity: 2954
Merit: 1501

Pie Baking Contest: https://tinyurl.com/2s3z6dee

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2015, 09:12:04 AM

It is just the way people are. Some of them are really nice, some are grumpy and we have some serious squad of trolls here. Nothing is out of ordinary here, if you log to any internet forum or youtube comment section, you can see that it is quite normal that here are constant war between people. Just don't worry about stupid and angry comments and you will be fine Op!

You have clearly never been part of a weed growing community/forum because if you had you would know that not 'any' internet forum is full of *&$%*. This place is awesome but 70% of the sig spammers and mentally ill spoil it. Just expect the worse of human kind here and you won't be upset. Thiefs, liars, greedy little men running around everywhere lol anyway i am out of here before a meany arrives to hurt my feelings.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Sarthak

Activity: 518
Merit: 501

Error 404: there seems to be nothing here.

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 09:12:39 AM

Sad to say but I really think "Newbies" and "Jr.Member's"  opinion aren't valued by most of the people here. Lips sealed
They forget that they too were newbie once   Undecided

Anyways there are 25k+ people on the forum.. Each one is unique and behaves unique in reaction to different posts(stimulus Tongue)   Grin
You can use the "ignore" function if you find trolls or anyone who seems to be too "rude" for no good reason and it must go all good  Cheesy

LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2015, 10:08:01 AM

CoinFoxs
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1004

Campaign Management & Translation Service

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 12:52:03 PM

People are Not mean they are trying to avoid scammers. There are alot of scammer on the internet, you dont know from where they belong what is the nature of these people. Thats why they try to scam, if they see a big amount. I also recommend you to avoid these people.
(Lithium)

Activity: 367

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 01:48:46 PM

people usually don't trust trust newbies that want to do alt coin related stuff
Whitehouse

Activity: 448

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 02:12:15 PM

I think this forum isn't really any different from most other forums or even the internet in general. I guess everyone becomes more comfortable to argue or post their opinions when they're behind a computer but I think people may get more aggressive or passionate here because money is involved so when people have money on the line they can get quite quarrelsome. There's also a lot of trolls and fudsters so you've got to be weary of them. I'd just learn to accept or ignore it if I was you otherwise I doubt you will last long here.

Pentax

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 02:17:26 PM

Don't let it bother you.

There's going to douchebags everywhere.  Add in the uppity shit that comes from a lot of people that think they're smarter than the rest AND the ability to hide behind the keyboard and you're going to get some raging assholes. 

Feck 'em.
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 02:59:06 PM

Unfortunately, you are right.
It seems that anonymity in the virtual world gives people the courage to do what they otherwise would never do in the real world.
The only way to keep this forum a friendly place are increased activity of admins and banning users who do not comply to the forum.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
Whitehouse

Activity: 448

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 03:22:16 PM

It seems that anonymity in the virtual world gives people the courage to do what they otherwise would never do in the real world.
The only way to keep this forum a friendly place are increased activity of admins and banning users who do not comply to the forum.

People are banned for breaking forum rules but being mean or saying something someone doesn't like aren't against the rules and the staff have better things to do than remove posts from people who just disagree or don't get along. It would take a lot of time and effort from them so they don't get involved with users business mostly which is a good thing and that's why scams aren't moderated by staff here either.

BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 03:40:25 PM

People are banned for breaking forum rules but being mean or saying something someone doesn't like aren't against the rules and the staff have better things to do than remove posts from people who just disagree or don't get along. It would take a lot of time and effort from them so they don't get involved with users business mostly which is a good thing and that's why scams aren't moderated by staff here either.

The answer, of course, is something like...

Place a couple of vote buttons on each post. Every Username is allowed only one vote (you would have to be logged in to vote). There could be a minimum number of take-down votes (say, 10 or 20) before the post would be removed. But, once the minimum was reached, 10 days later the post would come down unless the keep-post button had more votes than the take-down button.

The original of the post would be kept in the commenter's personal information page unless he deleted it. That way people could go and view posts that they can't find now, that they had read once. It might be appropriate to leave a note in every spot that a post was taken down, so that people know that a post had been there, and where to go to look at it in the commenter's personal information page.

Regarding posts that had been taken down, the vote buttons in the commenter's personal information page might be left active so that there was a chance to restore the page in the future if other voters thought it was a good post after all.

The whole process would be automatic, left up to forum members. This would free up time for the mods.

Roll Eyes

EDIT: Obviously, if you were logged in and voted, you could change your vote simply by voting opposite the way you had voted previously.

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 04:38:43 PM

We don't mean to be mean. We simply don't like all the typing that goes into this.

Cheesy

I don't mean to be mean, but is there a meme for "all that typing" meanness you speaketh of?
jonson234

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 04:40:54 PM

i don not use this word.it is not good for behave
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: