Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:25:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Little help in ENGLISH needed  (Read 754 times)
Netpyder (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Scam / Scammer Hunter

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2015, 06:43:23 AM

block halving rate :  ?

block halving : ?

Target spacing in minutes : ??

Target timespan in hours : ??

Coinbase maturity : ??

Genesis block : ??

Merkle hash with a verifiable timestamp : ??

Windows Qt binaries : ??

blockchain explorer : ??

Coin parameters : ??

premine : ??

nodes  : ??

linux server with static IP : ??

CPU mining : ??

GPU mining : ??

i will request to please answer in simple english as much as possible. i understand some tech definitions but i would really need a great help understanding in simple english.

Thanks for anyone who will answer

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 07:28:24 AM

block halving rate :  the speed at which the block reward halve(every 4 years)

block halving : the diminution of the block reward(now is 25, will be 12.5)

Target spacing in minutes : 10 minutes

Target timespan in hours : every two weeks

Coinbase maturity : 100 confirmations

Genesis block : the first block that start the chain

Merkle hash with a verifiable timestamp : i don't know

Windows Qt binaries : just the qt exe

blockchain explorer : it's the famous site, a decentralize public ledger, it also work as a wallet

Coin parameters : diff retarget, block time, block amount, initial block reward

premine : when a coin is mined before the launch

nodes  : ip address to speed up your initial sync

linux server with static IP : well this should be obvious...just a server that run on linux with a ip that don't change over time

CPU mining : mining that utilize processor

GPU mining : mining that utilize graphic card

i will request to please answer in simple english as much as possible. i understand some tech definitions but i would really need a great help understanding in simple english.

Netpyder (OP)

Scam / Scammer Hunter

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2015, 08:55:54 AM

blockchain explorer : it's the famous site, a decentralize public ledger, it also work as a wallet

linux server with static IP : well this should be obvious...just a server that run on linux with a ip that don't change over time

mate you made my day!! thanks a lot.

i still need one more thing
100 confirmations

100 confirmations for what?

escrow.ms
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 09:00:47 AM

100 confirmations

"Generated coins can't be spent until the transaction has 100+ confirmations", so 100 Confirmations are required to get mining reward from pool.

http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/1991/what-is-the-block-maturation-time
http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/22548/coinbase-maturity-of-100-transactions
Netpyder (OP)

Scam / Scammer Hunter

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2015, 09:30:54 AM

100 confirmations

"Generated coins can't be spent until the transaction has 100+ confirmations", so 100 Confirmations are required to get mining reward from pool.

http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/1991/what-is-the-block-maturation-time
http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/22548/coinbase-maturity-of-100-transactions

alright. thanks everyone. if i have anymore questions or things i dont understand i will repost on this thread. but for now ive got all answers i needed to seriously start looking into btc and alts

jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2015, 05:13:07 PM

Just a few small corrections to what Amph wrote.

Block halving rate: The more correct answer here is every 210,000 blocks.  At a target of 10 minutes per block, this is 4 years.

Target timespan in hours: Amph stated every 2 weeks.  This is the target for difficulty adjustment.  The more correct answer here is every 2016 blocks, the network difficulty is adjusted to normalize the 2016 blocks to 2 weeks.  In other words, if 2016 blocks took less than 2 weeks, difficulty goes up.  If they took longer than 2 weeks, difficulty goes down.

Merkle hash with a timestamp: from the wiki:

Once the latest transaction of a coin is buried under enough blocks, fully spent transactions which preceded it can be discarded in order to save disk space. To facilitate this without breaking the block's hash, transactions are hashed in a Merkle tree, with only the root included in the block's hash. Old blocks can then be compacted by stubbing off branches of the tree. The interior hashes need not be stored.

and

Upon receiving a new transaction a node must validate it: in particular, check if all transaction's inputs have not been spent yet. To carry out that check the node needs to access the blockchain. Any user, who don't want to trust his network neighbors, should keep a full local copy of the blockchain, because he can't know in advance, which inputs ought to be verified...
A user only needs to keep a copy of the block headers of the longest proof-of-work chain, which are available by querying network nodes until it's apparent that the longest chain has been obtained. Then, get the Merkle branch linking the transaction to the block it is timestamped in.

Hope this helps.

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
Netpyder (OP)

Scam / Scammer Hunter

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2015, 11:47:10 PM

few more questions :

what is a block :  ?

how do we get blocks : ??

suppose i want to launch my own coin, how do i provide blocks : ??

where do i get the block from to provide that to the pool : Huh

the best algo for coin : ??

how do i make a pool : ??

thank you

jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2015, 12:14:10 AM

few more questions :

what is a block :  ?

how do we get blocks : ??

suppose i want to launch my own coin, how do i provide blocks : ??

where do i get the block from to provide that to the pool : Huh

the best algo for coin : ??

how do i make a pool : ??

thank you

A block is a collection of transactions that have been verified by a miner.

For BTC you get blocks by mining. 

To create your own coin you write code.  You can start with an existing coin and modify its source to your liking or you can devise your own brand new one.

Once you've created your coin you need to create the genesis block.  That block is the starting point onto which all other blocks are added.

The best algorithm is very subjective.  Bitcoin uses double SHA256.  Litecoin uses scrypt.  Dark (now Dash) uses X11.

There are a lot of good choices for pools out there: MPOS, NOMP, etc.  Or you could write your own like ck did.

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
Netpyder (OP)

Scam / Scammer Hunter

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2015, 12:20:03 AM

can you please, if you dont mind get a little more in depth with blocks and genesis.

basically genesis is like the tip of the pyramid?? like everything will continue to expand from this first point, am i getting it right?

how do i make a genesis block?

the reason i am asking all these is, i feel that, the best way to learn how mining and everything about the crypto work, is by able to have my own coin. that way i would learn how to do my coin, compile, learn the linux and everything about it. i have time, i can spend lots of time understanding and digging in. i dont use linux and my knowledge on linux is euh.... lets not talk about it Cheesy
i think i will opt for the x11, but i dont want to make it work like btc, have to wait 1hour before all confirmations and stuff. it has to be instant. split seconds

achow101_alt

Activity: 268
Merit: 256

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 02:01:14 AM

can you please, if you dont mind get a little more in depth with blocks and genesis.

basically genesis is like the tip of the pyramid?? like everything will continue to expand from this first point, am i getting it right?
yes.

how do i make a genesis block?
I'm not sure how to make a genesis block for a new altcoin, but I do know that on a private Regtest Bitcoin network, the block is created by this command:
Code:
setgenerate true

the reason i am asking all these is, i feel that, the best way to learn how mining and everything about the crypto work, is by able to have my own coin. that way i would learn how to do my coin, compile, learn the linux and everything about it. i have time, i can spend lots of time understanding and digging in. i dont use linux and my knowledge on linux is euh.... lets not talk about it Cheesy
i think i will opt for the x11, but i dont want to make it work like btc, have to wait 1hour before all confirmations and stuff. it has to be instant. split seconds
Confirmation times do not have anything to do with the algorithm. For instant confirmation times, you will need to change in the code the target time between blocks and the difficulty re-target time.

Tip Me!: 1AQx99s7q1wVinbgXbA48BaZQVWpHe5gYM | My PGP Key: Fingerprint 0x17565732E08E5E41
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: