Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 10:26:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [BOUNTY] 0.0005BTC - Development question  (Read 632 times)
bcrox (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 07:32:05 AM

As the title suggest, I AM offering a bounty for this question to be answered. Although a small bounty, the first person that correctly helps me out and answers my below question will receive the bounty (if they wish to accept it). Now, the question and backing:
I am currently developing an altcoin as a personal project (don't worry, I'm not looking at releasing yet ANOTHER altcoin into the wild), and it's going fairly smoothly. I've edited the source code to my liking, I've successfully built the Linux binary and even the Linux Qt wallet - it even mines and I'm currently up to block 34 on the main net of the coin. I may point out this, so far, is completely on a local network. NOW, the problem is that I have not yet received a single transaction in either of the wallets of the nodes I am mining on, despite having already mined 34 blocks worth of coin (which are meant to have an output of 10 coins per block). This is sort of a dual question here, with the first being why are no coins being produced? The second is how can I change/see how many confirmations are required for each block/transaction to be... well, confirmed. If needed, I will post a link to my git repo which contains the source code - which has been forked from SmallChange which is a fork of Litecoin. Cheers!
NOTE: The bounty is applies separately to each question, so if you answer both questions correctly and help me out with it to get it working, then you get 0.001 BTC. That's essentially all the BTC I have - if both of these questions get answered I'll be left with about 400 Satoshi...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
josef2000

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Bro, you need to try http://dadice.com

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2015, 01:32:13 PM

May you tell us what algorithm you are using?
1. Are you sure you are pointing the payout to a right adress? Or are you mining directly from the wallet - type in the command "getmininginfo" to see some stats(block size). What did you set as the block reward (well if you set it to 0, it wont work), please double check it.
Try again mining directly from the wallet - type in "setgenerate true" in the console

2. Well, blockchain confirms when it reaches 1 confirmation, without any exception. The person receiving the coins might request the transaction to have 2-3 confirmations, but the blockchain itself confirms at 1 confirmation(just like bitcoin and other altcoins.

If you found it helpful: 12cp7RTVgo1cpSyV99uGyc1oz74eYnQir3
Thanks

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█   ⚂⚄⚀⚃⚅⚁    ██  d a d i c e  ██    Next Generation Dice Game
• Low 1% house edge. • Provably Fair.  
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
bcrox (OP)

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 11:53:15 PM

As it is a fork of Litecoin, the coin I'm making uses Scrypt. It's not mining from any sort of pool, I've setup the RPC user, pass and allowips so that I can use cudaminer to mine directly too the wallet using my GPU instead of my CPU. I can verify that the block reward is 10, and I shall try mining directly from the wallet too see if that makes any difference.

Glad that the second one is cleared up, I always thought that, although visible at 1 confirmation, there was a in-code function that changed the amount of confirmations for the transaction.

QUESTION 2 HAS BEEN ANSWERED!
Sending out the bounty for that question Wink
josef2000

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Bro, you need to try http://dadice.com

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2015, 12:07:19 AM

As it is a fork of Litecoin, the coin I'm making uses Scrypt. It's not mining from any sort of pool, I've setup the RPC user, pass and allowips so that I can use cudaminer to mine directly too the wallet using my GPU instead of my CPU. I can verify that the block reward is 10, and I shall try mining directly from the wallet too see if that makes any difference.

Glad that the second one is cleared up, I always thought that, although visible at 1 confirmation, there was a in-code function that changed the amount of confirmations for the transaction.

QUESTION 2 HAS BEEN ANSWERED!
Sending out the bounty for that question Wink
Thanks!
Glad to help you out! Hope you somehow sort out question 1.
Good luck!

█   ⚂⚄⚀⚃⚅⚁    ██  d a d i c e  ██    Next Generation Dice Game
• Low 1% house edge. • Provably Fair.  
bcrox (OP)

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 12:16:26 AM

I made SOME progress in the past hour or so... I've been able to get a transaction (block reward) on one of my nodes from mining from the wallet (setgenerate true 2), HOWEVER the payout was only 0.001... So I may still have to investigate that, but it is working now! On the main net, no less, which is even better. Thanks for your help, I'll be sending the second part of the bounty as well! Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: