Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 04:25:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to remove Blockchain.info Android wallet unconfirmed transaction  (Read 1321 times)
Writech (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 08:34:38 AM
Last edit: April 18, 2015, 09:08:22 AM by Writech

I created a wallet in blockchain.info android app. I bought 0.2830 BTC onto my new address. Then I made another address, tried to send 0.0001 BTC to that address (without a fee / 0 fee). Now it stays unconfirmed as you guessed. I just wanted to kind of test sending btc between addresses.
The problem is I want to send larger payments with a fee to another address but blockchain.info android client says "No free outputs to send". Why is it that if I have one unconfirmed transaction all of my btc address balance becomes unusable?

I have now spent multiple hours reading and searching the internet for some quick solutions to this problem. But as I am relatively new to bitcoins (although I have IT and Computer Science background) I have not found a step by step guide.

I read that it may be possible to export my wallet from blockchain.info app to another wallet and try to send all of my account balance to some new address, which would invalidate the unconfirmed 0.0001 transaction, but as I have not found a step by step guide I do not feel confident doing that.

I really need to send bitcoins to another addresses today, so waiting weeks or months is not an option. Is there someone willing to guide me to the right direction to move my addresses to new wallet? Undecided

This is the transaction hash where I bought bitcoins https://blockchain.info/tx/75e121d54954dea139d9f66850188b2256a236f3a459df12052d1900b82304e5
And this is the currently unconfirmed transaction https://blockchain.info/tx/46f0d61d979effede7c8afd607238b65a13012bc88889d625e200417343040ad

EDIT: I currently followed this guide https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=231309.0
Imported the private key of my first bitcoin address (1Kr2MR6L61umzSGSHbZsA33d4FniHGbGqi) to bitcoin-qt. Currently I am waiting for the bitcoin-qt to synchronize with the network. Then I'll see if I can transfer some larger amount to another address.

EDIT2: As I see my unconfirmed transaction's Network Propagation is currently: 0% - 1 Nodes - (Very Poor) I should be able to transfer all of my addresses (1Kr2MR6L61umzSGSHbZsA33d4FniHGbGqi) balance to some newly created balance?
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2015, 10:14:38 AM

I created a wallet in blockchain.info android app. I bought 0.2830 BTC onto my new address. Then I made another address, tried to send 0.0001 BTC to that address (without a fee / 0 fee). Now it stays unconfirmed as you guessed. I just wanted to kind of test sending btc between addresses.
The problem is I want to send larger payments with a fee to another address but blockchain.info android client says "No free outputs to send". Why is it that if I have one unconfirmed transaction all of my btc address balance becomes unusable?

Because you only have the single input to spend. Think off it like you received a 0.2830 BTC bill and now you try to spend 0.0001. You have to use the entire 0.2830 BTC bill for that. Once the transaction is confirmed you will be able to use the change.

I have now spent multiple hours reading and searching the internet for some quick solutions to this problem. But as I am relatively new to bitcoins (although I have IT and Computer Science background) I have not found a step by step guide.

There is no quick solution, there is no easy solution either, besides waiting. You can either try to export the private key from your wallet into another wallet and try to double spend the transaction or wait. Regarding the time you have to wait, it depends, but the rule of thumb would be 1 bitcoin needs to wait 1 day to go through without a fee, you try to spend 1/10,000 of that, thus the prediction is that you have to wait 10,000 days. Keep in mind that its a rough estimate and you might only take a week or month etc.

I read that it may be possible to export my wallet from blockchain.info app to another wallet and try to send all of my account balance to some new address, which would invalidate the unconfirmed 0.0001 transaction, but as I have not found a step by step guide I do not feel confident doing that.

Nothing you can do will invalidate the transaction you created, you can only hope that the network forgets about your transaction.

I really need to send bitcoins to another addresses today, so waiting weeks or months is not an option. Is there someone willing to guide me to the right direction to move my addresses to new wallet? Undecided

This is the transaction hash where I bought bitcoins https://blockchain.info/tx/75e121d54954dea139d9f66850188b2256a236f3a459df12052d1900b82304e5
And this is the currently unconfirmed transaction https://blockchain.info/tx/46f0d61d979effede7c8afd607238b65a13012bc88889d625e200417343040ad

EDIT: I currently followed this guide https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=231309.0
Imported the private key of my first bitcoin address (1Kr2MR6L61umzSGSHbZsA33d4FniHGbGqi) to bitcoin-qt. Currently I am waiting for the bitcoin-qt to synchronize with the network. Then I'll see if I can transfer some larger amount to another address.

EDIT2: As I see my unconfirmed transaction's Network Propagation is currently: 0% - 1 Nodes - (Very Poor) I should be able to transfer all of my addresses (1Kr2MR6L61umzSGSHbZsA33d4FniHGbGqi) balance to some newly created balance?

This indicates that most of the network forgot about your first transaction. Thus once bitcoin core is synced you should be able to double spend your TX.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
coinableS
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1179

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2015, 05:02:30 PM

Don't feel bad, I made the same mistake when I first started playing around with bitcoin.  My no fee transaction of 0.0001 took about a month and a half to finally get a confirmation  Cheesy

shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2015, 06:20:22 PM

Don't feel bad, I made the same mistake when I first started playing around with bitcoin.  My no fee transaction of 0.0001 took about a month and a half to finally get a confirmation  Cheesy

Didnt we all? Wink

@OP congratulation on your double spend[1], may it be the last time you have to do this.

[1] https://blockchain.info/address/1Q7oKMukDDFh4u3pQfsRT82j63qnK6GMpm

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
Writech (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 11:15:00 AM

UPDATE: As I was fed up with Bitcoin-qt's network synchronization taking forever I tried something else.
I logged in to blockchain.info, went to the export/import area, picked "export paper wallet". Then on my android I made a new wallet with another bitcoin client, imported the private key of the exported paper wallet. Somehow this worked out - Bitcoins were transferred to my new wallet from which I was able to make the transaction I urgently needed that evening.

Hope this helps someone whose bitcoins are stuck for that stupid mistake of not including a fee with each transaction.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: