Bitcoin Forum
September 22, 2024, 04:12:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: newbie question bitcoin about derivatives trading  (Read 655 times)
cyclotronmajesty (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 01:48:27 PM

I'm interested in these bitcoin options trades the put and call options.

But it seems the call and put work differently in bitcoin than they do in stocks.

As far as I know (though i've never done a stock option) you buy an option at a price, and if your prediction doesn't prove true you only loose the price of buying the option.
But if you are correct on your call you can buy as many shares as you want at the lower price than what is on the market and for a put you can sell as many as you want for a higher price. Seemingly making your profits unlimited.

Looking at BTCoracle.com and coinut.com and other sites. Their interface works differently.

You put down a deposit first, that is also buying the price of the "option" and only win that money back if your prediction is correct, but then your winnings are limited to a price multiplier on sites like BTCoracle. Coinut seems to work the same but I don't understand these things fully.

What on earth are u supposed to do here?

And what about this one?

I just don't quite understand the system. I'm not that familiar with these kinds of contracts.

███  ███
    ███      ███
  ███          ███
███              ███

███              ███
  ███          ███
    ███      ███
      ███  ███

LANCECHAIN

║▮
║▮
║▮

▮║
▮║
▮║

║▮
║▮
║▮

▮║
▮║
▮║

▄▄████
                ▄▄▄████████▌
          ▄▄▄███████▀▄█████
     ▄▄█████████▀▀ ▄██████▌
▄▄███████████▀  ▄█████████
 ▀▀▀█████▀    ▄██████████▌
       ██   █████████████
        █▄ █████████████▌
        ▐█▄███▀▀████████
         ███▀    ▀▀████▌
                    ▀▀█

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀
████▄         █████████████▀
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▄█████████
 █████▀▀▀▀▀▀
▐████
▐████
████████████
████████████
▐████
▐████
▐████
▐████
▐████
Andrew Vorobyov

Activity: 558
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 03:10:20 PM

I offer OTC options trading for BTC/USD here
TheMystic

Activity: 171
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 01:45:04 PM

But it seems the call and put work differently in bitcoin than they do in stocks.

As far as I know (though i've never done a stock option) you buy an option at a price, and if your prediction doesn't prove true you only loose the price of buying the option.
But if you are correct on your call you can buy as many shares as you want at the lower price than what is on the market and for a put you can sell as many as you want for a higher price. Seemingly making your profits unlimited.

Looking at BTCoracle.com and coinut.com and other sites. Their interface works differently.

You put down a deposit first, that is also buying the price of the "option" and only win that money back if your prediction is correct, but then your winnings are limited to a price multiplier on sites like BTCoracle. Coinut seems to work the same but I don't understand these things fully.

And what about this one?

I just don't quite understand the system. I'm not that familiar with these kinds of contracts.

The "options" that you are talking about aren't really options. It's basically a gambling site.

► ClipX ◄ ♦ The World’s first Blockchain E-Learning Platform ♦ ► ClipX ◄
───●♦●───●♦●───●♦●───●♦●───●♦●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●♦●───●♦●───●♦●───●♦●───●♦●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Instagram◂ | ▸Facebook◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸LinkedIn◂ | ▸Youtube◂ | ▸Whitepaper
ayesha98170

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 10:56:42 PM

And what about this one?

Hi,

Since you have not provided sufficient information so I do not understand the problem you are wondering what is ? And I also do not have an

account in BTCoracle or Coinut so I do not know how it works ? However I would like to advice you on what is "Call Option" and "Put

Option"

+ "Call Option" is a contract in which the option holder has the right (but no obligation) to buy a certain type of property (assets can be stocks,

bonds, or as a commodity item that) with a predetermined price (the strike price) within a given time period

+ "Put Option" is a financial contract between two parties whereby the contract buyer (the holder) has the right to sell to the contract (the

writer) a number of shares of a stock, index certain securities at a specified price (strike price, exrcise price), on or before the maturity date

of the contract.

As far as I see on the picture of you, it seems they both this site acted as broker, They are not direct purchase option for you. Because I saw "Bid"

and "Ask" . It means you can not want to buy or want to sell as many as you like but you can only buy or sell the right amount that they has

specified. And so, I think that's is a limit for it.

That is according to my personal opinion, if there is something wrong, hope you understanding me !

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: