Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:53:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Discussion about 10,000BTC Bet (Official)  (Read 104432 times)
muyuu
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 09:45:19 PM

I'm still agonizing over which is funnier... watching the entire spreadsheet worth of bettors get pantsed in public, or the outcry over it.

If anyone who had an IQ reaching into double digits did any background on Matty, and his Hilarious Horde of Hijinks you would have known good and early that this would turn out to be a spoof, a canard, a bon geste. You have all been made out to look as foolish as online personas can possibly be, and every single bettor who lined up for this abuse looks about as intelligent as the losers on To Catch A Predator, who stand there dumbfounded, wondering why they aren't screwing a 14 year old hottie, and they are being grilled on TV instead.

I would imagine the only remorse Matt has is that it fell on the 9th of September, and not the 1st of April.

What a boatload of buffoons! Quick, back into your clown car and go chasing after the next great scheme... you know they next one has to be real...

I'd say it's pretty fucking much well worth it. A bet I couldn't possibly lose, for a quantity that really didn't bother me anyway (13.37 "leet") and now being entitled to prosecute this little bitch left and right and have him wear the scammer tag. Absolutely boss bet, best one I've made in years.

GPG ID: 7294199D - OTC ID: muyuu (470F97EB7294199D)
forum tea fund BTC 1Epv7KHbNjYzqYVhTCgXWYhGSkv7BuKGEU DOGE DF1eTJ2vsxjHpmmbKu9jpqsrg5uyQLWksM CAP F1MzvmmHwP2UhFq82NQT7qDU9NQ8oQbtkQ
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PinkyPie

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 09:45:45 PM

I'm still agonizing over which is funnier... watching the entire spreadsheet worth of bettors get pantsed in public, or the outcry over it.

If anyone who had an IQ reaching into double digits did any background on Matty, and his Hilarious Horde of Hijinks you would have known good and early that this would turn out to be a spoof, a canard, a bon geste. You have all been made out to look as foolish as online personas can possibly be, and every single bettor who lined up for this abuse looks about as intelligent as the losers on To Catch A Predator, who stand there dumbfounded, wondering why they aren't screwing a 14 year old hottie, and they are being grilled on TV instead.

I would imagine the only remorse Matt has is that it fell on the 9th of September, and not the 1st of April.

What a boatload of buffoons! Quick, back into your clown car and go chasing after the next great scheme... you know they next one has to be real...
This needs to stay...too good not to quote.

What abuse exactly? those who made bets lost nothing. Matthew received a scammer tag.

Bad trolls need to stay home.
Inedible

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

What doesn't kill you only makes you sicker!

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 09:47:42 PM

May his name live in infamy.

"INFAMY! INFAMY! THEY'VE ALL GOT IT IN FOR ME!"

If this post was useful, interesting or entertaining, then you've misunderstood.
Inedible

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

What doesn't kill you only makes you sicker!

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 09:50:54 PM

There is no doubt you would be paid by many, if not everyone, in the event that things had gone the other way.

This is what I find most disturbing.

Had it gone the other way, my concern is Matthew may have been happy to condemn those that didn't pay up.

I'm not saying he would have but it would take an honourable person to not accept all that Bitcoin.

If this post was useful, interesting or entertaining, then you've misunderstood.
Gyrsur
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1520

Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2012, 09:53:30 PM

There is no doubt you would be paid by many, if not everyone, in the event that things had gone the other way.

This is what I find most disturbing.

Had it gone the other way, my concern is Matthew may have been happy to condemn those that didn't pay up.

I'm not saying he would have but it would take an honourable person to not accept all that Bitcoin.

+1

nimda

Activity: 784

0xFB0D8D1534241423

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 09:55:55 PM

What abuse exactly? those who made bets lost nothing. Matthew received a scammer tag.

I'll say it again. Many people used the bet as a hedge; this usage was actually encouraged. Matthew had an undeniable amount of credibility at the time.
I bet (heh) that people did lose money.

1. Investor notices the bet thread
2. Investor notices TYGRR-BOND-P is trading at 0.1 BTC
3. Investor buys 1 share
4. Investor bets 1 BTC
5. MNW exposes the "loophole"
6. Investor is forced to sell his share again, at a loss of 0.04 BTC.

Just because MNW didn't gain doesn't mean others didn't lose. If I break your window, neither of us gain. I'd still be an asshole though, especially if there's no recourse you have against me.
BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

BCJ

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 09:59:19 PM

I'll say it again. Many people used the bet as a hedge; this usage was actually encouraged. Matthew had an undeniable amount of credibility at the time.

3. Investor buys 1 share
4. Investor bets 1 BTC

Just because MNW didn't gain doesn't mean others didn't lose. If I break your window, neither of us gain. I'd still be an asshole though, especially if there's no recourse you have against me.

Did you make a bet with matthew?  Did you give him credibility at that time of that bet.  If so that I would have to question your judgement.  If not why are you defending those who did.

PinkyPie

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 10:01:47 PM

3. Investor buys 1 share
4. Investor bets 1 BTC

Oh right. Yeah, I was not hedging...

nimda

0xFB0D8D1534241423

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 10:08:33 PM

[quote pyramid removed]
Did you make a bet with matthew?  Did you give him credibility at that time of that bet.  If so that I would have to question your judgement.  If not why are you defending those who did.
I made a bet with matthew. I gave him credibility because:
  • He was a staff member
  • He was well-known and a long-standing member of the community
  • He was editor in-chief of Bitcoin Magazine
  • He had not yet passed his 10K goal when I made the bet

He lost credibility (for me) when:
  • He continued accepting bets beyond the 10K goal
  • He continued accepting bets when it was clear pirate was running
  • He continued accepting bets outside of the original thread

Question away.
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2012, 10:38:47 PM

Sorry, but the list of betters was public almost from the beginning. Matt's post didn't change anything, since everyone was able to see who bet what from the few Google Docs links provided earlier.

Also, don't forget, the "buffoons" were the ones who were saying that Pirate and other similar investments, or as you called it "the next great scheme," were scammy bullshit. I.e. their whole point was exactly what you claim they should be laughed at - that people believing these scammers are "buffoons." Matthew, in attempting to defend these "next great scheme" scammers, said put your money where your mouth is, so they said fuck you and did so. They didn't actually put any money on the line (no escrow), and the only thing they ended up proving is that they were right, and that Matthew was a troll.
BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

BCJ

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 10:42:42 PM

[quote pyramid removed]
  • He was a staff member

Question away.

I've seen his youtube channel.  He never had any credibility with me.

finkleshnorts

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 10:48:25 PM

[quote pyramid removed]
Did you make a bet with matthew?  Did you give him credibility at that time of that bet.  If so that I would have to question your judgement.  If not why are you defending those who did.
  • He was a staff member

Question away.

Same. I thought the chances of him paying out were very slim after the 10k, but still better than zero. I incresed my original bet at the last minute, why not?

I've seen his stupid pictures here and read his stupid posts, but that fact that he's socially inept doesn't mean he's automatically a scoundrel.

I wouldn't dare watch his youtube videos.
BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

BCJ

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 10:50:42 PM

The ones i've seen are incredibly boring and amateur.  Obvious starved for attention.  Which he is getting plenty of here.  So why he may not have any credibility he is obviously crazy like a fox. 
nimda

0xFB0D8D1534241423

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 10:52:27 PM

[quote pyramid removed]
  • He was a staff member

Question away.

I've seen his youtube channel.  He never had any credibility with me.
I saw him dancing with horse masks. Still, putting Bitcoin Magazine in B&N gave him some credibility in my eyes. Did you really think his youtube channel outweighed those first 4 bullet-points?

Same. I thought the chances of him paying out were very slim after the 10k, but still better than zero. I incresed my original bet at the last minute, why not?
Right, why not? I thought the chances of him paying were higher than those of pirate. (I still do, by the way. 0.000001 > 0.0000001)

The ones i've seen are incredibly boring and amateur.  Obvious starved for attention.  Which he is getting plenty of here.  So why he may not have any credibility he is obviously crazy like a fox. 
By the way, what's with your obsession with short consonant groups? It's really comical, the "BCB VIP CTG PT STG" thing.
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2012, 10:55:26 PM

By the way, what's with your obsession with short consonant groups?

Acronyms, nimda.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

BCJ

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 10:56:08 PM

Acronyms, nimda.

BCB is my nic.  VIP the board gave me for a contribution.  CTG PT and STG were me just testing those fields in my profile and I never bothered to remove them.
nimda

0xFB0D8D1534241423

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 10:57:49 PM

Acronyms, nimda.

Wrongsir!

Acronyms, nimda.

BCB is my nic.  VIP the board gave me for a contribution.  CTG PT and STG were me just testing those fields in my profile and I never bothered to remove them.
I still find it comical. What's BCB mean?
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 10:57:56 PM

So why he may not have any credibility he is obviously crazy like a fox.  

He did have some credibility before this.  He was eccentric but sometimes a venture need an eccentric but passionate person.
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2012, 10:58:23 PM

Acronyms, nimda.

BCB is my nic.  VIP the board gave me for a contribution.  CTG PT and STG were me just testing those fields in my profile and I never bothered to remove them.

Not acronyms, nimda.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 10:59:09 PM

Sorry, but the list of betters was public almost from the beginning. Matt's post didn't change anything, since everyone was able to see who bet what from the few Google Docs links provided earlier.

Also, don't forget, the "buffoons" were the ones who were saying that Pirate and other similar investments, or as you called it "the next great scheme," were scammy bullshit. I.e. their whole point was exactly what you claim they should be laughed at - that people believing these scammers are "buffoons." Matthew, in attempting to defend these "next great scheme" scammers, said put your money where your mouth is, so they said fuck you and did so. They didn't actually put any money on the line (no escrow), and the only thing they ended up proving is that they were right, and that Matthew was a troll.

+1 This.

LoupGaroux  likes to judge others from the outside when not knowing the full context of what happened. Uses big words to make himself sound important....

Obviously you didn't bet Matthew now as in to challenge Matthew's call out of us Ponzi name callers.

What I think is funnier is that you didn't even step up to the plate and show you had a pair. All you did was warm the bench.

/End Troll  Grin Grin Grin

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  

Jump to: