Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 07:37:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Discussion about 10,000BTC Bet (Official)  (Read 104432 times)
peasant

Activity: 272
Merit: 250

Cryptopreneur

View Profile
September 13, 2012, 02:58:13 AM

Man Hunt!  Cheesy
CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
September 13, 2012, 03:27:47 AM

Hell no. Just suggesting he may be even more fucked than his investors. Or that it's possible that even if he is tracked down, there may not be any money there to recover. Not that he shouldn't be tracked down, of course.
From what I've seen and heard, I believe he got away with somewhere between $1 million and $1.5 million. But I suppose it could be anywhere between zero and $5 million. There's only one way to find out and that's to track him down.

short of beating it out of him theres not much anyone can do if he refuses to answer any questions  Roll Eyes
DonShrents

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 13, 2012, 04:41:25 AM

Criminal Charges should be a last resort, as that leaves the least chance of getting any money back.

Civil Cases should be tried first and if all else fails and it's clear that we will not see anything back, then we feed him to the Government Agencies.
DonShrents

View Profile
September 13, 2012, 04:43:46 AM

Criminal Charges should be a last resort, as that leaves the least chance of getting any money back.

Civil Cases should be tried first and if all else fails and it's clear that we will not see anything back, then we feed him to the Government Agencies.

Sadly my lawyer thinks criminal charges will help a civil case.

BTW who are you?

I am DonShrents. Who are you ?
DonShrents

View Profile
September 13, 2012, 04:45:11 AM

Obviously I am a Sock Puppet account, but seeing that you (Goat) are unable to keep PMs private, I can not divulge my real identity to you in fear of having my main account revealed.

Sorry.

~DonShrents
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2012, 04:47:25 AM

~DonShrents

All the info one needs to ID the poster.  Roll Eyes

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
myrkul

Activity: 532

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2012, 04:51:49 AM

~DonShrents

I kinda doubt it is Pirate but a troll pretending to be one. I would bet it is Matthew before I would bet it is pirate.

Hint: It's not Pirate.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
DonShrents

View Profile
September 13, 2012, 04:53:16 AM

~DonShrents

I kinda doubt it is Pirate but a troll pretending to be one. I would bet it is Matthew before I would bet it is pirate.

Yes. I am a troll. A troll who is leading the charge against Trendon Shavers with new information and actual contact to his family.

If you think that I am against you (hint: I AM ON YOUR SIDE) then you don't belong in this fight, as your Forum Skills are lacking to a degree that puts you below newb status.

Perhaps you should pay closer attention and look at my recent posts, then look at who is backing me up and already knows my true identity.

~DonShrents
dancingnancy

Activity: 661

View Profile
September 13, 2012, 04:55:51 AM
Last edit: September 13, 2012, 05:15:11 AM by dancingnancy

~DonShrents

All the info one needs to ID the poster.  Roll Eyes

Hint: It's not Pirate.

I don't know who he is, but Gage/Bruno does and says that we can trust him.

Can you link this?
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 13, 2012, 04:57:37 AM

Those spaces before the question marks... Roll Eyes
coinft

Activity: 187
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 13, 2012, 03:29:34 PM

This won't help. No matter what *you* promise, someone else *will* instigate criminal charges later because it's easy to do. Hence the promise of letting him off easy if he pays back does not work.

A criminal case on the other hand may strengthen it because it basically is free investigation (and maybe intimidation).

Avoiding a criminal case now is a delaying tactic. Is that your agenda?
DOH!

Activity: 784
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2012, 01:31:39 AM

This won't help. No matter what *you* promise, someone else *will* instigate criminal charges later because it's easy to do. Hence the promise of letting him off easy if he pays back does not work.

A criminal case on the other hand may strengthen it because it basically is free investigation (and maybe intimidation).

The fuck are the cops gonna do about it?

Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2012, 01:34:59 AM

criminal charges =/= cops. There are other entities, like FBI, SEC, etc. Organizations specifically designed to deal with internet and financial crimes. As for what they do, once they quietly collect enough information on you, they bust down your door and haul you away.
evolve

Activity: 700

daytrader/superhero

View Profile
September 14, 2012, 02:11:16 AM
Last edit: September 14, 2012, 02:34:06 PM by evolve

CoinCidental
Legendary

View Profile
September 14, 2012, 02:15:40 AM

good news is since last weeks blackmailer of Mitt Romney demanded to be paid in bitcoins
i think every coffee drinkin do-nut consuming knucklehead on the force will have heard of
BTC by now

SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 14, 2012, 04:15:38 AM

good news is since last weeks blackmailer of Mitt Romney demanded to be paid in bitcoins
i think every coffee drinkin do-nut consuming knucklehead on the force will have heard of
BTC by now
Next cop I see, I'm going to ask if he's heard of Bitcoins before.   Wink
CoinCidental
Legendary

View Profile
September 14, 2012, 04:49:59 AM

BTC by now
Next cop I see, I'm going to ask if he's heard of Bitcoins before.   Wink

hel probably ask you if youve heard of pepper spray before ? Cheesy
coinft

Activity: 187
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 14, 2012, 01:35:02 PM

The fuck are you gonna do about it else?

Plead and whine at the scammer while assuring him you are not going to the authorities? Fail.

Another question: what harm will do cops do (assuming you aren't involved with this scam)?

[/quote]
evolve

Activity: 700

daytrader/superhero

View Profile
September 14, 2012, 02:32:36 PM
Last edit: September 14, 2012, 02:58:53 PM by evolve

Plead and whine at the scammer while assuring him you are not going to the authorities? Fail.

Another question: what harm will do cops do (assuming you aren't involved with this scam)?

First of all, Why did you quote me as saying that?

Secondly, What in the fuck are you talking about?

Either way, pretty sure the cops aren't going to care about a stupid bet made by a bunch of anonymous people online. They have real criminals to chase.

DOH!

Activity: 784
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2012, 04:42:04 PM

[/quote]

Yeah, I must be involved with the scam... derp.  I was merely pointing out that since the entire 'investment' and bet with matthew were made using bitcoin and the US government does not regulate bitcoin, the cops aren't going to do a damn thing about it.  I imagine it would be much like some ten year old kid calling 911 saying that some guy on the internet just stole all his WoW gold, the cop laughing, and then returning to his dunkin's.  You might have luck in a civil lawsuit, but even that is unprecedented. I believe the first bitcoin lawsuit is in litigation atm, and that was for breach of contract. I don't know what the original contract terms were for btcst, if someone could link it that would be helpful.  It seems that I remember someone saying that there was a statement made about high risk, blah blah blah you might lose everything, etc. so I don't think there are grounds for breach of contract.  Please disregard this if there is some glaring error in logic, but it seems air-tight to me.

Pages: « 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 »
  Print  

Jump to: