Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 06:45:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BlockChain.info Store Our Deleted Private Keys ?  (Read 872 times)
CryptoSavvy (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 04:11:44 AM

Hey Guys,

I have one Question.
few days ago i imported my Paper wallet to Blockchain.info for sending some funds. after that I deleted everything about that paper wallet from my blockchain wallet including private keys too.
now the problem is now i use that same paper wallet from somewhere else.
I get notification for funds send and received from that address.

So my question is if we import our paper wallet to blockchain.info can not delete from site ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitbaby

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2015, 04:19:48 AM

Hey Guys,

I have one Question.
few days ago i imported my Paper wallet to Blockchain.info for sending some funds. after that I deleted everything about that paper wallet from my blockchain wallet including private keys too.

So my question is if we import our paper wallet to blockchain.info can not delete from site ?

The whole reason behind having a paper-wallet/cold-storage is that only you know it's private keys. When you entered it's keys to blockchain.info you compromised it's security. It is better if you stop using that address for cold storage and make a new one.

This is from their site: https://blockchain.info/wallet/wallet-faq

How do I delete an address?

Please log in to your My Wallet account, navigate to the 'Receive Money' tab and click Actions.

We suggest that you do not delete your addresses directly, and instead archive it. If you really want to delete the key from your wallet, you can delete it in the Archived Addresses tab. (Warning! Bitcoins sent to this address in the future will be lost too!)

Try removing it from Archived Addresses too and see if that stops the notifications.

Troonetpt

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 06:29:57 AM

Hey Guys,

I have one Question.

They claim they never touch your private key, so what did you worry about?
Miracal

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 06:48:17 AM

Hey Guys,

I have one Question.

They claim they never touch your private key, so what did you worry about?

Paper or cold wallet is recognized as one of the safest ways to store your bitcoin. Once you use them, it means you  they are not safe as it should have been for the security concern.

One things I have to say once the blockchain users lost some fund before.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2015, 07:42:40 AM

Hey Guys,

I have one Question.

You shoud never reuse paper wallets. Lets say you have a paperwallet with 1 BTC send to its address. If you import the privat key and spend 0.1 BTC with it, the rest has to go somewhere. Typcially a wallet uses a newly generated change address for that. Thus your paperwallet is now empty. If you have no longer access to the private key for the change address you lost 0.9 bitcoin.

#1 import the private key
#2 spend everything
#3 send rest to a new paper wallet
#4 delete the empty blockchain.info account/key/etc.

If you are careful and know what you are doing its perfectly fine to delete a private key.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: