Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 06:34:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Any interest in an offshore bank which accepts & exchanges Bitcoins?  (Read 9878 times)
silentgwad

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2014, 06:04:31 PM

Very interesting. I just sent you a PM on Linkedin

"If regulators stomp on bitcoin, they will turn the gecko into a komodo dragon that will bite off their foot." - Andreas Antonopoulos
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1248

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2014, 06:45:47 PM

I don't see this happening

I already have the foundation set up, but I need more time.

Looking at starting with Belize, Panama, Switzerland and the USA to start. This will not be a exchange.

"Offshore Paperwallets"

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
ShakyhandsBTCer

Activity: 448

It's Money 2.0| It’s gold for nerds | It's Bitcoin

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 01:01:20 AM

This would be very similar to an exchange.

In order for it to be a bank it would need to have to comply with massive amounts of regulations and be in compliant with a number of rules including AML/KYC (or similar) even if it is "offshore"

I would find it unlikely that any bank would every accept bitcoin like this.
PalmerLaura

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

IPSX: Distributed Network Layer

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 06:51:33 AM

Offshore banks should not accept|exchange BTC, they should be replaced by it  Wink

superbros

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 04:56:07 PM

I have been talking with an offshore bank in the British Virgin Islands about possibly accepting bitcoins.  They are not surprisingly uninterested however the discussions were useful because they did provide information on forming a finance company in the BVI.  The finance company could open an account with the offshore bank and create sub-accounts for clients of the finance company.   The finance company would be able to accept bitcoins and fiat currency deposits and offer currency (including Bitcoin) exchange services.

To clarify is this wouldn't be a "bank" in the traditional sense.  It wouldn't offer loans, offer interest, or engage in fractional reserve banking.  It would merely provide demand (deposit) accounts.

Potential account options:
* online banking with hardware 2 factor authentication.
* irreversible account to account transfers.
* debit card with ATM access.
* bank wires to "onshore" banks (financial privacy protected incoming and outgoing bank wires use a single-use transaction ID not an account number or account holder's name).
* access to offshore brokerage services.

The account to account transfer option (initiated by the sender) is interesting because they are irreversible and that could form the basis for a secure person to person trading/conversion.  As an example Joe needs 1000 BTC and Jane is willing to sell them.  Jane sends coins to the finance company acting as an escrow agent (or even a third party escrow agent).   Joe transfers $10,000 to Jane's sub-account and coins are released to Joe from escrow.

Just an idea at this point.  Comments?

you should contact the Panamian Law Studio expert in BTC and Offshore Bank Accounts Opening , the TGH Abogados at www.tghabogados.com
cryptopaths

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Crypto Knight

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 07:20:12 PM

Looking at starting with Belize, Panama, Switzerland and the USA to start. This will not be a exchange.

"Offshore Paperwallets"

What exactly do you mean you have the foundation set up? What have you done so far?
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2014, 08:59:57 PM
Last edit: July 12, 2014, 09:12:44 PM by BayAreaCoins

"Offshore Paperwallets"

What exactly do you mean you have the foundation set up? What have you done so far?

Still tackling a number of obstacles:

A: Privacy.  This company will not care who you are. Period. However, OffShorePaperwallets will not deal with cash at all. Simply privacy and trust for individuals that need it.

B: Security.  This company will not have a single online wallet.  Why? Because if one of my Bitcoin wallets gets hacked it is going to be because someone found the priv key @ http://directory.io/ (good luck)

There is still the a Security risk of the people who hold the wallets themselves.

C: Costs.  This is a major issue.  Bitcoin is powerful because the costs are low and the privacy is high.  I intend on copying this mindset to the company without causing any security risk.  You have to pay to play in other words because I don't think anyone wants to keep 10,000BTC behind the counter of some bar in Belize City Cheesy.

I believe the lawyers cost can be offset by combining another interesting project I've been watching all year long and Namecoin.

I'm building this network for myself and then once I'm 100% happy I will open it up for anyone else who is interested as well.

Coming soon (tm)

Edit:
The end result may vary of course depending on who is recruited for the project.

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 4074
Merit: 1303

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 12:36:22 AM

B: Security.  This company will not have a single online wallet.  Why? Because if one of my Bitcoin wallets gets hacked it is going to be because someone found the priv key @ http://directory.io/ (good luck)

You do know that directory.io is just generating address pairs and is essentially a joke, right?  The odds of someone finding your key pair there are the same as me generating them on my computer here, infinitesimal.

e.g.
Page 1 out of 904625697166532776746648320380374280103671755200316906558262375061821325312

:-)
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2014, 12:41:10 AM

You do know that directory.io is just generating address pairs and is essentially a joke, right?  The odds of someone finding your key pair there are the same as me generating them on my computer here, infinitesimal.

e.g.
Page 1 out of 904625697166532776746648320380374280103671755200316906558262375061821325312

:-)

hehe ya I know Tongue

<3

Teodor

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 01:54:49 PM

I have a client who wants to pay in Bitcoin & Bitleu currency a contract of 500 million euro value, but it is hard to transfer money because they are now in the investment Deutsche Bank in Germany... Must move them to a commercial bank accepted by DB, this is the hardest part, and then to an exchange for buying Bitcoin and Bitleu. IF everything works well will let you know.

Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 02:25:40 PM

I have been talking with an offshore bank in the British Virgin Islands about possibly accepting bitcoins.  They are not surprisingly uninterested however the discussions were useful because they did provide information on forming a finance company in the BVI.  The finance company could open an account with the offshore bank and create sub-accounts for clients of the finance company.   The finance company would be able to accept bitcoins and fiat currency deposits and offer currency (including Bitcoin) exchange services.

To clarify is this wouldn't be a "bank" in the traditional sense.  It wouldn't offer loans, offer interest, or engage in fractional reserve banking.  It would merely provide demand (deposit) accounts.

Potential account options:
* online banking with hardware 2 factor authentication.
* irreversible account to account transfers.
* debit card with ATM access.
* bank wires to "onshore" banks (financial privacy protected incoming and outgoing bank wires use a single-use transaction ID not an account number or account holder's name).
* access to offshore brokerage services.

The account to account transfer option (initiated by the sender) is interesting because they are irreversible and that could form the basis for a secure person to person trading/conversion.  As an example Joe needs 1000 BTC and Jane is willing to sell them.  Jane sends coins to the finance company acting as an escrow agent (or even a third party escrow agent).   Joe transfers $10,000 to Jane's sub-account and coins are released to Joe from escrow.

Just an idea at this point.  Comments?

Very good idea and business project.
I specially like this part: To clarify is this wouldn't be a "bank" in the traditional sense.  It wouldn't offer loans, offer interest, or engage in fractional reserve banking.  It would merely provide demand (deposit) accounts.
If you succeed in starting this business project, I think that many Bitcoin users will be interested to do business with you.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
fudbuster

Activity: 83

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 08:09:41 PM

I would definitely be interested in this! We certainly need more exchanges in offshore locations where they are still considered will providing good service to their customers, instead of bending over backwards for regulators.
annoyingorange

Activity: 72

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 07:46:05 AM

I would be interested in details if you go further with this.
percocet

Activity: 222
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 02:11:35 PM

You had me at "offshore"  Grin
webbrowser

Activity: 215
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 07:10:38 AM

I don't see what value this bank would bring, compared to a good wallet.

Anyway guys, this thread is from 2012!
CoolBliss

Activity: 97

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 08:29:18 AM

I would be interested in details if you go further with this
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 08:49:10 AM

I do have basic deposit bank accounts in foreign countries, but none deals with BTC. I'm not sure I want one which does.
What matters to me (and what I have) is the ability to wire money at will, and at no cost, to an exchange where I can do BTC operations.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: