Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 02:15:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Usagi- is he or isn't he a scammer.  (Read 4068 times)
BCB (OP)
CTG
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

BCJ

View Profile
January 02, 2013, 12:43:58 PM

Theymos.

Usagi is a scammer. Please tag him. Every step of this investigation has show that usagi consistently misrepresented the value of his assets.  This fact has been pointed out again and again by numerous other community members. And when individuals make claims against usagi he makes scammer complaints against them.

Usagi has been caught in lie after lie and he as deleted over 1000 posts to cover up this fact.

Finally when a link in a post could possible disprove or support a claim. Every link that leads back to usagi's website is "not found".

Tell me this: why would usagi delete over 1000 posts AND and entire website that documented his contracts and his asset valuation if ANY of this information could prove he is not guilty of the accusations?

Answer:  because this deleted information proves that's usagi is dishonest liar and incompetent fund manager running a fraudulent investment scheme.

Please tag usagi now and end this fiasco. This would also send a message this this type of fraudulent  activity is not accepted here. 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
augustocroppo
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 02, 2013, 04:34:45 PM

Theymos.

Usagi is a scammer. Please tag him. Every step of this investigation has show that usagi consistently misrepresented the value of his assets.  This fact has been pointed out again and again by numerous other community members. And when individuals make claims against usagi he makes scammer complaints against them.

Theymos,

Ignore BCB, he is completely biased and have show no capacity to evaluate the evidence presented. BCB have already admitted that he intentionally ignored Usagi responses. BCB is basing his judgment over the mere opinions of other users. As you may notice, there is an organized campaign against Usagi. BCB is basing his spurious conclusions over claims which were not proven true or genuine.

Please, consider the fact that all evidence presented to prove that Usagi did not INTENTIONALLY defraud his potential investors is being completely ignored by the accusers and by BCB. Notice that BCB just post some quotes without any explanation at all. Hence, you cannot reach a properly decision if you are not being informed of what exactly happened in the last three months.

BCB is begging for the tag because he put his reputation under scrutiny in the moment he embraced the case against Usagi. BCB knows that if you do not apply the tag, his reputation in the Bitcointalk forum will be forever damaged.

Finally, BCB became an accessory for a group of organized felons. The "community" which he talk about is not the Bitcointalk forum, but the users casting aspersion over Usagi.

BCB had proven to be an untrustworthy and unfair user to request the tag.

BCB (OP)
CTG
VIP
Legendary

BCJ

View Profile
January 02, 2013, 04:43:48 PM

augustocroppo

That is your opinion and indeed you are entitled to it.

Now could you present facts in defense of usagi. 

I deify you present evidence that usagi is not guilty to the many actions that MANY users have accused him up.

And I welcome any other bitcointalk users to come to his defense.  Currently augustocroppo is the only one.

Augustocroppo, I do not care whether or not usagi gets a scammer tag.   My reputation, for what it's worth, it not at stake.  I am merely a community member how has been around long enough to know a scammer when he sees one and and glad to help call them out.

Just read any of my other scammer threads.

If you or anyone else can present compelling evidence that he is not a scammer I will admit my mistake and delete this tread.

until then I will continue to call usagi a scammer regardless of whether or not he gets a tag.

BCB (OP)
CTG
VIP
Legendary

BCJ

View Profile
January 02, 2013, 06:44:55 PM

usagi just repsonded to this PM I send to stocastic and cc'd to usagi

Is this post a defense of usagi?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=113708.msg1429916#msg1429916

Please elaborate if you care to do so

Thank you.

Distraction is a technique in which the argument is a diversion to another question, to a side issue, or by irrelevant objection (pp 44-48) (link) and the approach to deal with this is to refuse to be diverted from the original question, but stating again the real question at issue, therefore I state I refuse to answer questions which do not directly relate to evidence presented in your locked thread.

You're welcome.

usagi

in post #19 here in a quote from one of your deleted posts you state"

"P.P.S.
I have exact records for every trade done in NYAN, BMF, and CPA. I can provide and explain these records upon demand, as anyone else who did the trades would be expected to do."

please produce these records.

thank you.
BCB (OP)
CTG
VIP
Legendary

BCJ

View Profile
January 02, 2013, 08:46:44 PM
Last edit: January 02, 2013, 09:34:17 PM by BCB

usai is at it again.  Avoiding the question and making emotional pleas:

Thanks. And now, to avoid the issue of distraction, I will continue to respond to your accusations in the order I have mentioned. It's late now, it's 4am in japan as I type these words. So I really need some sleep. I have some free time tomorrow, and I'll have a look at another one of your accusations.

Some friendly advice. If you really are trying to help this get resolved fairly, then do yourself a favor; do not post too many "small" accusations. It will detract from the biggies.

For example, do you really want to make an issue out of whether I live in Korea, Japan, or China? What's the point? Maybe you feel there is a point. But I feel the CPA/BMF contract is a much bigger issue. If you do not trust me, then do not give me the chance to fillabust by responding to small issues first. It's just a thought.

Usagi

I did not ask you what time it was in Japan.  

I ask you for facts and you can not even respond to simple queries.

Where you live is very important as is shows that you are not even capable of being honest about even simple facts.

I await your response to my previous question.

Thank you.
BCB (OP)
CTG
VIP
Legendary

BCJ

View Profile
January 02, 2013, 09:51:02 PM

FWIW if you can't make 10% or more in today's market you really should let someone else handle your money for you..... really.
BCB (OP)
CTG
VIP
Legendary

BCJ

View Profile
January 03, 2013, 02:00:53 AM

Name:   The Crimson Permanent Assurance
Summary:   The plan basically boils down thus: 1. Raise funds to be used to compensate users of a service in the event the service defaults. 2. Charge services a monthly fee for this coverage. That's about it.
Percent of majority   
to change contract:   60
for general motion:   60
to issue shares:   60
Contact email:   usagi@tsukino.ca
Accounts:   http://www.tsukino.ca/cpa/accounts
Twitter:   
Blog:   http://www.tsukino.ca/cpa
Full contract:

Contract:
1. Investment Hypothesis
1a. Reward
THE CPA exists to provide shareholders with exposure to all profits associated with writing insurance on customer assets, based on the war-chest method of dividend distribution as outlined above.

1b. Risk
THE CPA exists to provide shareholders with exposure to all losses associated with writing insurance on customer assets. Our value may decline dramatically in the event of large or widespread default.

1c. Commitment to 100% backing
All insured securities are 100% backed by segregated asset accounts for their exposure unit group. These segregated accounts will have no other customer claims applied against them. This means we won't leverage our assets to cover two separate types of contracts at once, but we may pool resources to cover similar contracts (see: "1. Large number of similar exposure units" in customer contract preamble).

2. Dividends
Dividends will be paid according to the following schedule:
2a. On or before the 7th of each month, 90% of net earnings for the previous month will be placed into "the war chest".
2b. We then pay pay 10% of this war chest as dividend and at management's discretion a further 10% back to the company for growth and expansion.
2c. Assets which have been released from backing a customer's contract are considered earnings and will be placed in the war chest as per 2a.
2d. THE CPA reserves the right to issue special dividends from the war chest at any time.

3. Disclosure
Full and timely disclosure will be provided regarding any material change in the company's net worth or business activities.

4. Issuance & buyback
We may issue new shares in order to support a private placement and from time to time as the company grows in size. We may issue a buyback for outstanding shares at 200% of the highest trading price over the previous year to date.

5. Risking & de-risking of the company's assets
5a. Acceptable Assets
THE CPA will use shareholder equity to back assets and synthetic instruments as THE CPA sees fit to write.

5b. These assets and instruments held by THE CPA will be pledged to back customer assets on a 100% convertible into bitcoins basis. This means we won't invest in leveraged securities thus causing us to break 1c.

5c. Bitcoins only
We will never convert assets to or from FIAT of any kind. We will never insure an asset class with assets from the same or similar sector. We will never back a writing with an asset 100% pledged to back another writing. Assets used to back our writing will be moved into a segregated account for holding for that purpose.

5d. limited segregatability (de-risking sector default/widespread default)
To mitigate the risk of the default of an entire sector, THE CPA will seek to issue no more than 25% of it's coverage to any particular sector and will and to not insure assets using other assets from the same or similar sector. For example, we will avoid securing assets of a mining company with assets from other mining companies. In cases where this is unavoidable we will limit segregatability to pay claims on a first-come-first-serve basis, with the actual contract holders for the default event taking first priority.

5e. income stream insurance
THE CPA may from time to time securitize income streams at the precise NPV of such streams at a point in time. For example, the NPV of 10 bitcoins per month at 10% per month for ten months is 61.45 bitcoins, not 100 bitcoins. This is mainly of use for miners who wish to guarantee their dividend in the event of downtime or catastrophic disaster.

6. Working with GLBSE/Customers
We reserve the right to change this contract and bind it at any time. Use of our services constitutes acceptance of these terms. We will provide timely notice and disclosure to our shareholders of any changes to this contract on our website and/or our asset page on the GLBSE.
BCB (OP)
CTG
VIP
Legendary

BCJ

View Profile
January 03, 2013, 02:43:23 AM

Name:   The Crimson Permanent Assurance
Summary:   The plan basically boils down thus: 1. Raise funds to be used to compensate users of a service in the event the service defaults. 2. Charge services a monthly fee for this coverage. That's about it.
Percent of majority   
to change contract:   60
for general motion:   60
to issue shares:   60
Contact email:   usagi@tsukino.ca
Accounts:   http://www.tsukino.ca/cpa/accounts
Twitter:   
Blog:   http://www.tsukino.ca/cpa
Full contract:

Contract:
1. Investment Hypothesis
1a. Reward
THE CPA exists to provide shareholders with exposure to all profits associated with writing insurance on customer assets, based on the war-chest method of dividend distribution as outlined above.

1b. Risk
THE CPA exists to provide shareholders with exposure to all losses associated with writing insurance on customer assets. Our value may decline dramatically in the event of large or widespread default.

All insured securities are 100% backed by segregated asset accounts for their exposure unit group. These segregated accounts will have no other customer claims applied against them. This means we won't leverage our assets to cover two separate types of contracts at once, but we may pool resources to cover similar contracts (see: "1. Large number of similar exposure units" in customer contract preamble).

2. Dividends
Dividends will be paid according to the following schedule:
2a. On or before the 7th of each month, 90% of net earnings for the previous month will be placed into "the war chest".
2b. We then pay pay 10% of this war chest as dividend and at management's discretion a further 10% back to the company for growth and expansion.
2c. Assets which have been released from backing a customer's contract are considered earnings and will be placed in the war chest as per 2a.
2d. THE CPA reserves the right to issue special dividends from the war chest at any time.

3. Disclosure
Full and timely disclosure will be provided regarding any material change in the company's net worth or business activities.

4. Issuance & buyback
We may issue new shares in order to support a private placement and from time to time as the company grows in size. We may issue a buyback for outstanding shares at 200% of the highest trading price over the previous year to date.

5. Risking & de-risking of the company's assets
5a. Acceptable Assets
THE CPA will use shareholder equity to back assets and synthetic instruments as THE CPA sees fit to write.

5b. These assets and instruments held by THE CPA will be pledged to back customer assets on a 100% convertible into bitcoins basis. This means we won't invest in leveraged securities thus causing us to break 1c.

5c. Bitcoins only
We will never convert assets to or from FIAT of any kind. We will never insure an asset class with assets from the same or similar sector. We will never back a writing with an asset 100% pledged to back another writing. Assets used to back our writing will be moved into a segregated account for holding for that purpose.

To mitigate the risk of the default of an entire sector, THE CPA will seek to issue no more than 25% of it's coverage to any particular sector and will and to not insure assets using other assets from the same or similar sector. For example, we will avoid securing assets of a mining company with assets from other mining companies. In cases where this is unavoidable we will limit segregatability to pay claims on a first-come-first-serve basis, with the actual contract holders for the default event taking first priority.

5e. income stream insurance
THE CPA may from time to time securitize income streams at the precise NPV of such streams at a point in time. For example, the NPV of 10 bitcoins per month at 10% per month for ten months is 61.45 bitcoins, not 100 bitcoins. This is mainly of use for miners who wish to guarantee their dividend in the event of downtime or catastrophic disaster.

6. Working with GLBSE/Customers
We reserve the right to change this contract and bind it at any time. Use of our services constitutes acceptance of these terms. We will provide timely notice and disclosure to our shareholders of any changes to this contract on our website and/or our asset page on the GLBSE.

This is a great idea, and I wish you the best of luck.

One question.

So assets are not 100% backed, then?

Will you report the % of backing for each exposure unit group?

The intent is to provide 100% backing until we can start figuring out what the rates of defaults (and premiums) are going to be. Right now, nobody knows what these numbers are. It's a good question -- I had added the wording about exposure groups right before I published the contract and yes, the wording is a little open. What it implies by itself is that if I insure 500 bitcoins worth of miners, I can take another miner, or ten, without offering any additional backing. This would be dangerous, of course. I've also prevented it by writing rule 5d. The intent of rule 5d was to provide guidance on just this. Right now I am trying to implement safety procedures and fences against trouble such as over-writing contracts. For now, backing is going to have to be 100%. If you want that specified it can be written into a customer contract without any problem.

How this works is to provide three interlocking safety helmets. First, there's a hard 25% limit no matter what the rate of default is. Getting stung on this rule would be akin to 25% of all the cars with auto insurance getting totaled in the same month. Probably not going to happen. But if it does, we can handle it. The second safety helmet is if the entire sector blows up. I think we can both agree on how unlikely this is, but if it does, there is a minimum of 25% backing over at least four sectors (rule 1c forces us to maintain 100% backing over the entire company), so to even get to that point we would need to be equally weighted over at least four different sectors. So even if all the miners simultaneously reported a fire which destroyed their rigs, we would be able to pay out on all of those claims.

The final safety helmet is that we can't back a contract with similar assets. An example? If and when we decide to insure pirate bonds. It does not make sense to insure 400 bitcoins of pirate bonds with securities including 100 bitcoins invested into.... pirate bonds.  If pirate ever defaulted, we would not be able to pay out 100%. So even with 4 sectors covered, the similar-asset rule forces us to maintaining coverage much higher than 25%. The minimum we could get away with if we calculated it is probably 33% over four sectors; we could not actually go to 25% unless we were covering five sectors, so that we could guarantee no asset is being used to insure a similar asset. This is a weak link in the company, but I can personally guarantee you we will not be "whipping out our calculators" and trying to get down to 25% just to be risky. I think a good, safe range is 75% to 100% and will remain there for a long time.

The real issue here is affordable premiums. We want to keep insurance inexpensive. This is why insurance companies exist, like the classic "maritime loans" for exploring the new world; to pool the resources of many investors to protect the one rare case where a merchant loses his goods or his ship. The danger is in some ways more real for the insurance company than for the customer; We stand to lose much more money than one customer's assets if we have to default. These rules exist so that we can continue to provide a valuable service to the community.

I think this is an order of magnitude stronger than what real-world insurance companies provide. A lot of real world companies focus on an entire sector and would blow up if the whole thing required payout.

And yes it's a little difficult to understand, so if you have a better way to word this let me know. I'll be thinking of a simpler wording as well.
BCB (OP)
CTG
VIP
Legendary

BCJ

View Profile
January 03, 2013, 03:00:25 AM

FAQ announcement: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=81993.msg1233186#msg1233186
-----

1. [TradeFortress]: usagi, I would like to invest in BMF however I'm a bit concerned with the inconsistent dividends (0.001 for a few weeks).. what happened there?

Those were daily dividends which we did as a promotion when we launched BMF. They totalled about 1.5% a week, maybe 2% a week. When the price crash happened, I panicked and launched motion 80. Note that this motion allowed me to cancel dividends temporarily. I am still, actually, covered by motion 80 and don't have to pay dividends or invest in new hardware. But it turns out this part of the decision killed sales of BMF. No one wanted to invest in a fund that didn't pay dividends. So I experimented with paying various levels of dividends. Investors seem to like daily dividends the best, so here we are, I am paying daily dividends on BMF for at least another 2 weeks. You see I really want to make BMF the best. I have a dream -- I know it sounds corny but I want to run BMF as a company. I want to have an office and a telephone number and a back room with 50 SC singles in it. I know that perhaps I have not always properly communicated with investors and I have assumed that everyone would read the motions, but there it is. If you look at the other things that motion 80 said I think you will realize I want to treat this company like my baby. All I wanted to do was fix investor's loss. I think that going forward, daily dividends, followed by mass hardware purchases (and 0.5%/week divs), will do that.

Essentially, at the start of the week, when BMF is worth say .49, then we make money from our holdings and from our mining operations. Then at the end of the week we're actually worth .51 or .52 -- but then we pay dividends. So we drop back down to .49. If we didn't pay dividends, we would grow the value of the company faster, through acquisitions and hardware purchases. In the future, I'll continue to keep investors informed well in advance of any changes to dividend payment and growth policy, but for now we're paying daily dividends of around 1.5% per week. You can check this on stochastically.com. Thanks for your question.

2) [puppet] Question: Even using your method, it is not difficult to see that your 'real' values are almost always quite above market price (ex. current GIGAMINING price is 5 day average 0.578 | 24h average 0.553 | 'real' value 0.63) do you think the market is really this wrong? And even if it was, don't you think it is quite misleading? How can a share be worth more than X bitcoins, if that much bitcoins could get you one now? Funny is, I was about to include a question about the value of mining gear, but writing question #2 I realized you are actually right about them Smiley The value should be counted as the price you would pay for them, shipping included; as this is what counts in buying your shares vs. buying the gear and mining directly. As long as that value is less than what you will earn from them, of course, but then if that was the case it wouldn't make sense to buy them in the first place.

Answer: Valuing securities and hardware is an exceedingly complex topic. One cannot just take the spot price or the NAV and say that is the value of a security. You almost answered this yourself with the comment on hardware; If we sell 120 shares at .50 and buy a FPGA single, we have to pay shipping. Now say we were totally honest about the "value" of the company. We could no longer sell shares at .50. This is called cash-basis accounting, and most companies do not use cash basis accounting for this reason. Another kind of accounting is called accrual basis accounting. In accrual basis accounting, which we also use for hardware orders, we count orders made as value even though we do not actually have the units in our possession. For exmaple, BMF has a market cap of about 2,400 bitcoins and about 4,800 outstanding shares (share price ~.50). But we have 343 bitcoins worth of hardware on order. If we tried to value our company as if we didn't actually own those singles, we'd be forced to sell shares at about .42. That wouldn't make sense. So we use accrual accounting for hardware purchases. Yet another form of accounting is called cost-basis accounting, in which the total cost of the asset is counted. This is a common form of accounting as well. You touch on cost-basis accounting when you say "...but writing question #2 I realized you are actually right...," again, if we simply say that a FPGA single we order is worth 50 bitcoins (and not say 62.6699), the value of our shares will drop and this is not logical. This equipment is not like a car or a computer that loses value as soon as you pay for it. In fact, the resale value of FPGA singles is actually much higher than $599. BMF could make money selling these for $799 and they would sell like hotcakes. Why don't we do this? Well, we could. But the point is, that using cost-basis accounting, accrual-basis accounting, and cash-basis accounting in the right places, for what they are intended to be used for, makes sense.

Valuing an asset such as ABM, FPGAMINING, GIGAMINING, BTC-MINING, etc. is even more complex. In many cases we have a list of hardware that the company has. However some companies, like ABM, give investors a share of this hardware, while other companies, like GIGAMINING, do not give investors a share of the hardware. Therefore, 1mhash in GIGAMINING might only be worth .1 per share (and GIGAMINING would be .5/share), but since ABM has the value of a single attached to all it's shares it would be worth the .1/share plus $599+shipping (i.e. ~62.6699 using accrual value accounting) split up amongst 1000 shares. So that will add 0.063 per share, and we might say ABM is worth about .18 per share even though on a mhash by mhash basis it pays out as much as GIGAMINING. There are other factors to consider. Using ABM as an example, it's a company which can accrue value. If PsychoticBoy decides to issue 1000 shares to buy more hardware and he issues at .18, he can buy about 3 more FPGA singles based on the value of his company. So one share of ABM would then double in intrinsic value, but the market would likely price it around the same as it's priced now.

One might point out that the value of the mhash/share is contained in the value of the singles; This is both true and not true depending on the nature of the company or bond in question. In GIGAMINING's case, it is not true; you have no claim to hardware with GIGAMINING, yet the shares are actually worth more than .1/share. What's going on here is that companies are also valued by the income they generate. This is called a P/E (price to earnings) valuation. Right now, P/E values in bitcoin land are completely insane. BMF makes over 2% a week. Were we to give BMF a P/E ratio based on payments of .01 a week and a share price value of .50, we would say BMF has a P/E value less than one; i.e. 0.50 / 0.52 = ~0.96. Real-world companies often have P/E ratios over 10. Many real-world mining companies (coal, natural gas, gold and silver mining companies) have P/E ratios around 50. A P/E of less than one is considered less than liquidation value. Going by income alone, if BMF was a real world company and we valued it's income at 1% a month, which is really the maximum, say for something like a well-run covered call fund or a REIT, then BMF would pay around 1% a month and have a P/E of about 8.5. Even at half this valuation BMF should be worth over 2 bitcoins/share with the income it generates right now. This is using real-world thinking and real-world metrics.

So how do we value a company that generates 0.01 a week per share and costs .35 bitcoins? Do we value it at it's liquidation price? No. At the same time, valuing it with a P/E of 10 might be disingenuos. Do we really know so much about this company to assign it that kind of respect? Maybe no. Most companies on the market now have P/E ratings of about 1. We feel that in general this is accurate. However in some cases, such as comparing ABM to GIGAMINING, or say comparing BTC-MINING to YABMC, we feel that in general, the following is worth more: companies are to be valued more highly than bonds, stable dividends (cash flow is king, not just cash) are worth more than a sizeable growth fund (esp. in a bear market), and a company which is growing is worth more than a company which is not growing. I have tended to be extremely conservative in my valuations and you will find if you look closely we do not always overvalue securities. Although it will of course change from day to day, here are a few current examples:

We currently value JAH at a RMV of 0.125 (spot price using formula is 0.13)
We currently value ABM at a RMV of 0.31 (spot price using formula is 0.35)
We currently value LTC-MINING at a RMV of 0.55 (spot price using formula is 0.57)
We currently value BIF.5-10.MININGBOND at a RMV of 0.75 (spot price using formula is 0.79)
We currently value ZETA-MINING at a RMV of 0.17 (spot price using formula is 0.1777)

In short, using RMV represents our mandate, contained in our contract: The fund is mandated to only invest in bitcoin mining companies listed on the GLBSE and to perform due dilligence when investing in securities on the GLBSE. Emphasis mine. If we did not think carefully about the true value behind a company, and just let the spot price rule the day, we could not make investment decisions based on due dilligence. We feel that the RMV is a large part of the added value BMF provides to it's shareholders and indeed the general market. When you see a large difference, like how we value NASTY at .6 while the market price is only 0.35, you can bet our RMV has been backed up by talking to the asset issuer, investigating the company, looking at the hardware they own and their expansion plans, and so forth. As an example, in NASTY's particular case (because the RMV is so far above the market price) we would justify it by repeating what we said about the operator considering selling hardware to buy back shares. Further, OgNasty has the lowest order number for SC singles and will receive the first 6 such singles shipped by BFL. Overall we just feel NASTY (for example) is worth it. Whew, long answer, but it is important that investors are aware of what we mean when we say "our mandate is to do due dilligence". We really mean that. We're not just an index fund.

3) [Deprived] Questions about BMF's insurance policy with CPA. One, is BMF entitled to claim under that policy now (and previously) with it's NAV/share being under 1.0? If "Yes" then why hasn't it? Second, on September 10th in regards to the policy you said "This was announced, publicized, motioned, voted on and passed two months ago." Where was it announced and publicised? Where can I find the motion?. Where can I see the results of the voting?

Answer: The motion and the vote were in regards to other issues, as can be seen by looking up your quote. The announcement and publishing was done on the day I put the contract up as shown below in the links provided. Why not? There's nothing bad in the contract.

the contract is at http://www.tsukino.ca/cpa/customers/account-12/
the announcement is at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=81993.msg1070515#msg1070515

Actually there were a few announcements in different places on the forums, I don't really have time to go dig up each and every single reference. That one was on August 2nd. Everyone saw it. No one said anything until you and a few others tried to make it into something nefarious. It's not. It's just a contract for BMF. I was working on what would eventually become the CPA shareholder protection contract. The reason why BMF has not requested any money is simply because I'm confident I can repair the value of BMF by itself within a few more months. Plus, CPA is having obvious financial problems, people have defaulted on us for over 1,500 (hashking alone was 527BTC). We have enough to pay out on the contracts we have because we were careful and smart (a lot smarter and careful than you give us credit for, more than you will ever know probably).. But CPA can't sign any new contracts. So there it sits, in limbo, likely until the middle of next year. FWIW BMF is not paying 5 BTC a week to CPA right now.
BCB (OP)
CTG
VIP
Legendary

BCJ

View Profile
January 03, 2013, 03:13:26 AM

Letter to Shareholders for August 2012:

This month saw the fateful crash of CPA share price due to a number of factors. I will briefly touch upon these factors and share with you the future direction of CPA. As always, if you have questions or comments post them here, or email them to cpa@tsukino.ca.

1. Pirate Defaulted
Lo and behold, the inevitable happened. I had been advised by the round table to cut our pirate exposure. As a direct result of me listening to and taking the guidance of the people on the board, we cut 5,000 bitcoins worth of pirate contracts, leaving only one, 1000-bitcoin pirate contract. This was strategic. Our plan was to wait for default and then gain respect and credibility in the community by paying out on that contract.

2. Everyone we invested money in ended up making mistakes and losing all or part of our money.
Everyone except Patrick Harnett. Deadterra's Gamma Bitcoin Fund lost 25% of it's value (or more). Hashking's "guaranteed, insured" fund turned out to be in pirate (hope you're ready for that scammer tag HK). Imsaguy is having liquidity issues; he can probably pay us back and we are working with him on it. It's quite sad actually, that the only possible due dilligence we could have done turned out to be a lie. It's easy to say x y or z in hindsight, but hashking for example was a well-respected member of our community before this. No one can honestly say that this was an avoidable mistake; it wasn't just one lender but almost everyone.

3. We can (and will) pay out on all contracts.
First, YARR has been paid, and there is money sitting in the YARR account right now making bids at 1. Sell now and get your money, no one is going to pay 1.30 for your YARR shares, get over it. Two, we owe one more person about 600-700 bitcoins. We have over 1400 shares of NYAN we are trying to sell to raise the money and to back new contracts. Reports of our demise or lack of assets were pathetically misinformed; People were probably trying to panic you into selling on the cheap. I know some idiot sold over 1,000 shares to me at 0.02. Well done my man, you got manipulated. I have zero sympathy for people who do that, in spite of all the comments and assurances I have made over this issue.

4. CPA dividend estimate going forward
with 50,000 shares outstanding and a monthly income of 70+ bitcoins from premiums and investment income of around 5% monthly, we expect to pay a fat 10% dividend going forward (after the war chest gets filled) making CPA a screaming buy at 0.033. A big laugh goes out at the people who called for our untimely demise including and not limited to the people saying so in this thread. You trolls know jack and think you're important. Why don't you put your money where your mouth is? I can tell you I am personally planning to buy 250 BTC worth of shares next week and I have personally bought 1500 bitcoins worth of CPA at 0.1. I believe in this company and it will succeed despite the ramblings of a couple of worthless internet trolls. I put that on the record.

5. Release of asset info/company policy/spreadsheets

Nahh, I don't think so. When we started YARR, the first, biggest and best (and highest paying) insured pirate passthru everyone took our books and started running their own version of it. Let's be honest, 4 people tried to copy us. We would have broken even on pirate premiums instead of losing about 500 bitcoins in this debacle, had we had more exclusive access to the market. If you think I have no good ideas fine, who cares right? OTOH if you want access to our books maybe you should apply for a job. We can use people for various things. We hired three different people as securities analysis for example, each one who failed miserably and horribly at simple tasks such as "Calculate the market cap for every issue on GLBSE". We also need advertising people. Otherwise there isn't a snowball's chance in hell you will guilt trip us into releasing what amnounts to corporate secrets. you think CPA is a scam? You think we don't know what we're doing? Go run your own insurance company. Setting aside money from your business is not insurance. It can't even compete. It's just some of your profits which are being with-held. Real insurance is capable of paying out 100 bitcoins on 5 bitcoins premium. Just ask Mollison. Psychoticboy. Kakobrekla. Ask them if we paid.

Remember, being able to pay, and to actually have paid in full, does not imply we are OUT of capital. It imples we have MORE capital because we didn't pay "most", we paid "all".

6. Future Direction

CPA will continue to make 10% a month on current NAV and we aim to spend the most effort expanding operations via Nyancat financial. We will continue to sign new contracts after the share sale this week. We have hotwallet as a pet project which has a currently profitable game running (dragon dice). We have a matchmaker service which is fully operational and running now, which is not on the books but which may be added later or spun out as dividend. We also have an online language school in the works with proven software and textbooks which have already been written which we can IPO and make a profit on immediately. There are a lot of ways forward for us. We are also aiming to change BMF's contract, which will be announced next in the BMF thread. BTW, regarding Nyancat Financial, you'll just have to wait a bit more for the weekly letter, the matthew situation demands a full explanation and I am waiting for news from Matthew.

7. My forum rep

Judge me if you want but when the dust settles, it's a real pity more people didn't sign contracts with CPA because we could have helped a lot of people. Most of the people who are attacking us have real sore asses one way or another form the pirate debacle. It's a pity they can't man up and admit they should have trusted CPA in the first place. We will continue paying out on contracts and doing our best and that is what I say counts in the end.

===

p.s. goat you brought yourself into this by making a lot of unfounded statements about me and CPA over a period of months... it isn't like we haven't had this chat before so I will cut it short; you don't trust me but you will trust some random idiot that doesn't know anything, you accuse me of running a scam and you turn around and try the same thing yourself (insured pirate) then you claim we have no assets and insinuate that you will invest with us if we did, then change your story to that of general mistrust. Then when pointed out that your position makes no sense since we paid out on everything as we promised (because we are an insurance company) you .... Oh well I said I would cut it short. If you want in to the round table goat you know what you need to do.
usagi
VIP

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 03, 2013, 03:20:39 AM

Thanks to BCB for restoring this post.

It proves I did not lie when I said puppet admitted he was wrong and that I did not misrepresent value. This and many of the other postings BCB are undeleting will be used in my defense. Furthermore to this there were 2 value columns one using the "real" value puppet refers to below and also one column pulling data from GLBSE precisely so that people like puppet could make their own decision about how to value the company. I did not misrepresent value.

FAQ announcement: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=81993.msg1233186#msg1233186
-----
[...]

2) [puppet] Question: Even using your method, it is not difficult to see that your 'real' values are almost always quite above market price (ex. current GIGAMINING price is 5 day average 0.578 | 24h average 0.553 | 'real' value 0.63) do you think the market is really this wrong? And even if it was, don't you think it is quite misleading? How can a share be worth more than X bitcoins, if that much bitcoins could get you one now? Funny is, I was about to include a question about the value of mining gear, but writing question #2 I realized you are actually right about them Smiley The value should be counted as the price you would pay for them, shipping included; as this is what counts in buying your shares vs. buying the gear and mining directly. As long as that value is less than what you will earn from them, of course, but then if that was the case it wouldn't make sense to buy them in the first place.

Furthermore my answer (unquoted, see original) regarding accrual basis accounting is not sperging nor is it opinion. It is a fact. Just like in the PMs I sent you. This was published on the forums in a letter to shareholders and only serves to show I did my best to be open and honest.

This is why I am so upset that you have passed judgement on me before examining the evidence and allowing me to make a response to the accusations.

But, for what it is worth, reading over what I wrote months ago I realize I was overly aggressive. If I could go back I would probably cut out a lot of the insulting and emotional language I used.
BCB (OP)
CTG
VIP
Legendary

BCJ

View Profile
January 03, 2013, 06:38:18 AM

were are trying to find a copy of motion 80.

"Usagi was also doing some interesting things with motions, like transferring shares to himself to vote with so the motions go his way, then sending the shares back to treasury.  eskimobob and/or puppet caught usagi in that scheme, with help from stochastic website. Usagi also ran a couple polls on the deleted wordpress site and called those "motions".  Any real motion was always burried by an additional 4 or 5 motions (enough to push the important one out of history) with things like 'do you feel Usagi is leading CPA in a strong noble manner' etc etc."

Any additional info on this would be helpful.

BCB (OP)
CTG
VIP
Legendary

BCJ

View Profile
January 03, 2013, 05:01:23 PM

usgai does not have time to respond to provide evidence that could make any scam accusations go away (i can only assume becuase providing such information would only further prove his guild)  however he does have the time to open a months old scammer thread to continue this practice of obfuscation and distraction.

Usagi,

It is OBVIOUS that you are not able to or just do now want to clear your name so

PLEASE WIND DOWN YOUR COMPANIES, PAY YOUR INVESTORS BACK AND GO AWAY.

Thank you.

Dear BCB;
I will make a response to the evidence you have presented in your locked thread when I have time. I'm busy with other things right now, like closing down my companies and making payments to shareholders. First payments go out tomorrow (friday) actually, as we've gotten paid by a number of companies. Hardware payments will go up soon too, since we were refunded from BFL for 2 jalapenos and a SC single so far.

Usagi, there's no need to defend yourself I feel, as TECSHARE has already been paid for the work. I will be instructing him to finish the work and give it to you, as I recognize this as being a miscommunication. Do with them as you will, consider it as a gift regardless from a fan ^_^

There are outstanding issues here, and TECSHARE seems to consider my right to a fair process as a "threat". He's tormenting me over it so I thought I would unlock the thread and provide an update.

Note: this is 4 or 5 months old.

The basic issue here is that TECSHARE has been paid in full for work he did not deliver. In my view his refusal to complete first revision (he promised two revisions and could not complete the first one) was unacceptable -- he said it was 'too difficult' and/or 'didn't look good'. So I fired him and he immediately opened a scam accusation against me.

Matthew N. Wright then stepped up and paid him off for me before I was even able to log on and read what happened. This all happened while I was at work IIRC.

Fast forward to today. I still do not have the hi res art files TECSHARE claimed he completed and has been fully paid for. Frankly I didn't care until he started asking me what my right was to claim the work he was paid for. Then again, how could he have completed it when he did not complete second revision, let alone first? Choosing from a bunch of samples is not a revision.

All I am asking is for TECSHARE to give me the work he says he already completed and has been paid for. If he can't do this and refuses to STFU about it, why not tag him as a scammer? I mean the remedy here is so easy -- either give me the art I paid for and allow me one more revision as was agreed, or give me the money back. It's really that simple.
BCB (OP)
CTG
VIP
Legendary

BCJ

View Profile
January 03, 2013, 05:09:09 PM

Request for a moratorium on usagi post until January 7th, 2013.

Usagi, at that time please report back on your developments with paying your investors back and winding down your companies.

Thank you.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: