Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 12:58:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What does NEM, Litecoin and Stellar have in common?  (Read 1264 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
TruthBear (OP)

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 06:29:25 AM

They suffer from second child syndrome.

I've been reading a lot about the royal baby about to be born and it made me think. Can this be applied to crypto as well? In particular alt coins? Read the passage below, does this sound familiar? Is this why there is so much FUD and rivalry? Do you agree? This is another reason why I don't believe these coins have any future. Their older siblings stole the limelight.

"... when your second child arrives, the experience is not so new. You've been there, done that. So what if your second child stood up for the first time, you've seen that before. However, it is still a first for him, isn't it? But because you've seen all this you probably fail to recognize this, and many more such achievements throughout, that makes him feel less recognized and unworthy. He may thus also begin to develop resentful feelings for his sibling, which may lead to sibling rivalry."

Read more at Buzzle: http://www.buzzle.com/articles/second-child-syndrome.html

Please note: All Truth topics are moderated to ensure we stay on topic.
Saltzman Alaric

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 07:20:58 AM

I've been reading a lot about the royal baby about to be born and it made me think. Can this be applied to crypto as well? In particular alt coins? Read the passage below, does this sound familiar? Is this why there is so much FUD and rivalry? Do you agree? This is another reason why I don't believe these coins have any future. Their older siblings stole the limelight.

"... when your second child arrives, the experience is not so new. You've been there, done that. So what if your second child stood up for the first time, you've seen that before. However, it is still a first for him, isn't it? But because you've seen all this you probably fail to recognize this, and many more such achievements throughout, that makes him feel less recognized and unworthy. He may thus also begin to develop resentful feelings for his sibling, which may lead to sibling rivalry."

Bitcoin was an awesome idea, but lets face it, it needs to be improved upon.  That is why Litecoin is better.  I would say NXT and Ripple is better than Bitcoin too, but that is bullshit.  Ripple is a full on premine owned almost all by the Ripple foundation.  And NXT isn't much better too.  It was started by a known sock puppet master.  He probably had like half of NXT.

I’d like to announce Nxt (pronounced as "next"), a cryptocurrency based on Bitcoin paradigm.
P.S.  I’m a veteran member of this forum.  I have to use this brand new account to remain anonymous but later I may reveal my identity.

I don't know anything about NEM or Stellar, so I can't talk about them.  What we need is a platform that isn't founded in bullshit. 
TruthBear (OP)

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 08:15:52 AM

Bitcoin was an awesome idea, but lets face it, it needs to be improved upon.  That is why Litecoin is better.  I would say NXT and Ripple is better than Bitcoin too, but that is bullshit.  Ripple is a full on premine owned almost all by the Ripple foundation.  And NXT isn't much better too.  It was started by a known sock puppet master.  He probably had like half of NXT.

I’d like to announce Nxt (pronounced as "next"), a cryptocurrency based on Bitcoin paradigm.
P.S.  I’m a veteran member of this forum.  I have to use this brand new account to remain anonymous but later I may reveal my identity.

I don't know anything about NEM or Stellar, so I can't talk about them.  What we need is a platform that isn't founded in bullshit. 

What does LTC do that 100's of other alt coins can't do? Technically a lot of alt coins are 'better' in your perspective because they have faster tx times. Therefore, why have they failed to gain any meaningful marketshare? How can a coin based on being silver to Bitcoin's gold ever hope to overtake it?

Conclusion
Do fast tx times = success? No.
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 08:58:07 AM

thread makes no sense at all. for litecoin holders stellar (wtf that even is) nore nem (along with lame ass nxt crap) even come on their radar.
TruthBear (OP)

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 09:33:32 AM

thread makes no sense at all. for litecoin holders stellar (wtf that even is) nore nem (along with lame ass nxt crap) even come on their radar.

English?
Bizmark13

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

WikiScams.org - Information about Bitcoin Scams

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 11:29:58 AM

P.S.  I’m a veteran member of this forum.  I have to use this brand new account to remain anonymous but later I may reveal my identity.

I don't think the fact that he chose to launch his coin using a newbie account proves that he is a "sockpuppet master". He could have had many sockpuppet accounts, or he might not have had any. It's not something that is known at all.

What does LTC do that 100's of other alt coins can't do? Technically a lot of alt coins are 'better' in your perspective because they have faster tx times. Therefore, why have they failed to gain any meaningful marketshare? How can a coin based on being silver to Bitcoin's gold ever hope to overtake it?

Conclusion
Do fast tx times = success? No.

Litecoin might not look very innovative today but it actually achieved quite a lot when it was first introduced.

Before Litecoin, there was Tenebrix. Tenebrix was an innovative coin because it was the first to use the Scrypt algorithm which was resistant to GPU mining at the time. This meant that while Bitcoin mining was dominated by those who had the money to afford massive GPU mining rig setups, those who still had "normal" PC systems could now choose to mine an alternative currency which didn't yet have GPU miners pushing everyone out of the competition. Unfortunately, Tenebrix was a premined buggy failure based on the already very buggy Multicoin. In response to the premine, coblee decided to fork Tenebrix to create Fairbrix which wasn't premined but still a buggy failure (since it was based on Tenebrix which was based on the very buggy Multicoin). So then he decided to start from scratch by forking Bitcoin directly and incorporating all of the innovations that Tenebrix and Fairbrix introduced and thus Litecoin was born.

Technology-wise, Litecoin doesn't do anything that the now hundreds of other altcoins can't do, so you're correct in this regard. But you could say the exact same thing for Bitcoin as well. What does Bitcoin do that Catcoin doesn't? Or Flappycoin? Or Pesetacoin? Or any of the other 1,000 or so Litecoin and Bitcoin clones out there? Well, the answer to that can be found by not looking at the technology but the community. No other coin has the same infrastructure, the same network hashrate, the same security, the same volume, the same startups which aim to develop services on top of it, the same numbers, the same brand recognition, the same media exposure, the same exchanges which support it, or the same network effect.

Litecoin is no. 2* because it is the original altcoin**. Bitcoin is no. 1 because it is the original coin.

*Not counting Ripple since the dynamics behind LTC and XRP are completely different.

**Not counting altcoins which existed before it since pretty much all of them are dead and irrelevant. Think of Litecoin as being the "original" second child and other altcoins like Dogecoin and Catcoin as being the third, fourth, fifth children, etc.
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3962
Merit: 1419

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 12:47:46 PM

Lol.  These are projects competing for market share, not little kids where the other one has some issues.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Lorenzo

Activity: 406

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 07:41:58 AM

Stellar is a fork of Ripple created by Jed McCaleb who also founded Ripple. The two are very similar. NEM was created in response to NXT's distribution which some felt was unfair. It was originally intended to be a fork of NXT fork but the decision was later changed to rewrite it from the ground up. It has most of the NXT features but also a adds a few more to distinguish it from its older brother.

How can a coin based on being silver to Bitcoin's gold ever hope to overtake it?

As far as I know, Litecoin doesn't intend to overtake Bitcoin. The two coins are meant to be complementary, hence the "silver" analogy.
Daedelus

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 08:02:13 AM

It has most of the NXT features but also a adds a few more to distinguish it from its older brother.

Which features does NEM have at the moment?
Bizmark13

Activity: 462

WikiScams.org - Information about Bitcoin Scams

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 09:31:36 AM

It has most of the NXT features but also a adds a few more to distinguish it from its older brother.

He's probably referring to features that are still in the pipeline at this stage. NEM was heavily inspired by NXT and is supposed to have many of the same features that NXT has, such as the asset exchange and the alias system. NEM is still in beta right now so many of these features are still under development and far from complete.

Here is a chart that compares NXT with a few other cryptocurrencies including NEM. It's a bit outdated (as well as being a bit biased towards NXT) but you get the idea:

There are also some features that NEM currently has but NXT lacks, such as proof-of-importance. The opposite is also true; I don't think NEM intends to implement transparent forging or the monetary system.
Ingatqhvq

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 10:46:57 AM

The common thing they all will going to die  Cheesy
There is no room for this coins.
Saltzman Alaric

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 12:28:21 AM

P.S.  I’m a veteran member of this forum.  I have to use this brand new account to remain anonymous but later I may reveal my identity.

I don't think the fact that he chose to launch his coin using a newbie account proves that he is a "sockpuppet master". He could have had many sockpuppet accounts, or he might not have had any. It's not something that is known at all.

He at least had one that we know of because he straight up says so, and we know that people that make sock accounts don't just make one. He probably had like 10 of the 20 people that bought large amounts of NXT.

If you examine a history of coins launched under newbie sock puppet names and devs using real names with established post counts, all scam coins almost always start off with sock puppet newbie names, and some of the best and real coins have developers using real names.  Like Litecoin, Bitcoin, Stellar and Ripple.   
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1042

White Male Libertarian Bro

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 06:46:11 AM

He at least had one that we know of because he straight up says so, and we know that people that make sock accounts don't just make one. He probably had like 10 of the 20 people that bought large amounts of NXT.

If you examine a history of coins launched under newbie sock puppet names and devs using real names with established post counts, all scam coins almost always start off with sock puppet newbie names, and some of the best and real coins have developers using real names.  Like Litecoin, Bitcoin, Stellar and Ripple.   

UtopianFuture not everyone is a liar, cheater and thief like you are.

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties." - Areopagitica
TruthBear (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 08:11:28 AM

Lol.  These are projects competing for market share, not little kids where the other one has some issues.

Are you sure? I don't know about you but the altcoin section looks like a bunch of children throwing sand in each others faces.
TruthBear (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 08:16:02 AM

He's probably referring to features that are still in the pipeline at this stage. NEM was heavily inspired by NXT and is supposed to have many of the same features that NXT has, such as the asset exchange and the alias system. NEM is still in beta right now so many of these features are still under development and far from complete.

Here is a chart that compares NXT with a few other cryptocurrencies including NEM. It's a bit outdated (as well as being a bit biased towards NXT) but you get the idea:

There are also some features that NEM currently has but NXT lacks, such as proof-of-importance. The opposite is also true; I don't think NEM intends to implement transparent forging or the monetary system.

I stopped reading your chart when it stated that Ripple has 30% inflation... How can you make a chart about competing systems when you don't know anything about them? It screams bias.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: