Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 07:37:12 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to find developers for your altcoin?  (Read 531 times)
mczarnek (OP)

Activity: 527
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 11:57:43 AM

Hello,

We've got some big plans for Burst.  I've figured out all the algorithms and know what we need to do for blockchain trimming and instant transactions, and even have figured out a way to create a coin that has a stable value that also increases the value of Burst as you buy more of it.  We've already got hard drive mining going for us, which is a far larger advantage than most people realize (happy to further discuss this with anyone)

The problem is that the burstcoin developer and I can't do it all on our own as fast as we'd like.  So the question is, how can we find more developers who will help us out? Anyone have ideas?

I'd be happy help a developer get started as much as possible. I could even pay a little bit out of my own pocket and we've got others who could chip in a little bit.  Ideally we'd like to find developers before marketing the coin much more in order to get a few developers invested before the coin takes off.

Thanks,
Matt

BitSend ◢◤Clients | Source
www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

Segwit | Core 0.14 | Masternodes
XEVAN | DK3 | Electrum soon
Bitcore - BTX/BTC -Project

BSD -USDT | Bittrex | C.Gather | S.Exchange
Cryptopia | NovaExchange | Livecoin
Litebit.eu | Faucet | Bitsend Airdrop

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
olcaytu2005
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1024

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 12:01:30 PM

Do you mean AT and ACCT with big plans?  if it is yes you can contact with qora team. I believe they could help you coz they are testing AT and ACCT on qora wallet and they ll implement AT in the wallet soon.
 You can find a developer between them.
mczarnek (OP)

Activity: 527
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 01:38:54 PM

Do you mean AT and ACCT with big plans?  if it is yes you can contact with qora team. I believe they could help you coz they are testing AT and ACCT on qora wallet and they ll implement AT in the wallet soon.
 You can find a developer between them.

Yeah, they are helping us out, that's true.  We could just definitely use more developers and I'd like to get them invested now rather than later.

BitSend ◢◤Clients | Source
www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

Segwit | Core 0.14 | Masternodes
XEVAN | DK3 | Electrum soon
Bitcore - BTX/BTC -Project

BSD -USDT | Bittrex | C.Gather | S.Exchange
Cryptopia | NovaExchange | Livecoin
Litebit.eu | Faucet | Bitsend Airdrop

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 02:19:27 PM

If you have a good idea you will always find developers and fellow campaigners for your coin. But usually, new altcoin creations are just copies of some other coins bringing nothing new to the cryptocoin world.
spartak_t
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2015, 03:52:59 PM

If you have a good idea you will always find developers and fellow campaigners for your coin. But usually, new altcoin creations are just copies of some other coins bringing nothing new to the cryptocoin world.

I have to disagree on this one. Bad thing (imho) that it is almost impossible to find developers which will work for a coin and ideas behind it. Pretty much everybody are concerned about the amount of BTC they can earn for their work. I can understand that, but I can't understand how is this helping cryptocurrencies in general. Not to mention how many scammers are out there. What is the point to support any altcoin if you don't believe in it? Also I think that one of the top priorities (if not 1st) on altcoins should be adoption, not features. We all witnessed bunch of coins offering innovation and look where they are now.

iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2015, 04:33:11 PM

You get what you pay for

spartak_t
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2015, 04:46:02 PM

You get what you pay for

So if we assume that all people are working for fiat, then there will be no point (other than speculation) for the cryptocurrencies to exist.

Bitcoin Buyer Reload

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 07:27:09 PM

try loljosh he seems ok
iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2015, 09:55:54 PM

I didn't say anything about fiat. The main issue with all coins is I only said the word pay and you assume I mean dollars

spartak_t
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2015, 06:56:14 AM

I didn't say anything about fiat. The main issue with all coins is I only said the word pay and you assume I mean dollars

To tell you the truth, I have talked with a lot of developers in here, and according to my observations - they are working mostly for fiat. Of course, we are talking about Bitcoin payments, but thing is how they are looking at the payment itself. As a chance to invest it somewhere, hold it or sell it for fiat. Usually it's the 3rd option, which is kinda sad imho.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: