Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 05:47:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Whats a good Mhash?  (Read 845 times)
Gaminghazard (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 07:17:55 PM

Im using my alienware and im only getting 58.3 Mhash at the highest. (and btw this is my first time mining.)
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 07:36:53 PM

don't mine with a laptop is useless, and you could ruin your graphic card in the end, because of the heat

if you really want to mine you need to invest ina serious miner like s3 or s5 antminer, nothing less
Bitcoin Buyer Reload

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 07:37:36 PM

unless you use external graphic cards, dont mine with your laptop
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2015, 08:32:48 PM

Im using my alienware and im only getting 58.3 Mhash at the highest. (and btw this is my first time mining.)

Mining BTC with any CPU or GPU is a waste of time and energy.  You might want to try some other coin algorithms like X11.

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 11:57:59 PM

unless you use external graphic cards, dont mine with your laptop

Even with external graphics in most cases you lose money by running GPU or CPU.  Not to mention in this case you will kill a alienware worth quite a bit more the the cents it will make a day.

Just don't use it to mine is my suggestion.  Look into getting a asic, then no stress on computer.
KimNam

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 12:44:22 AM

buy ASIC hardware and you can get THash for mining
don't use your alienware for mining, it will stress your CPU and GPU, make your alienware's life shorter
actually there's no more room for GPU (and CPU) hardware in bitcoin mining. ASIC hardware kill all Sad
if you want try to mine, just mining altcoin which have CPU only algorithm
but not worth to try because altcoin price is bad
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 01:03:02 AM

buy ASIC hardware and you can get THash for mining
don't use your alienware for mining, it will stress your CPU and GPU, make your alienware's life shorter
actually there's no more room for GPU (and CPU) hardware in bitcoin mining. ASIC hardware kill all Sad
if you want try to mine, just mining altcoin which have CPU only algorithm
but not worth to try because altcoin price is bad

You could get a used asic for a decent price.  Such as a S3, they keep coming down a little.  And one of them would bet the heck out of a computer on mining.  Also very easy to use. Point/click to setup.

I wish OP would tell us his electricity cost and we can help him know what are his best options as far as asics.
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 07:22:09 AM

Better to use mining hardware if you want to mining btc, diff always increased.
If you want to mining with laptop try to mining altcoin.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 07:26:24 AM

In most cases mining with a laptop is just asking to shorten it's life.  It is not meant for the high intensity that most use when GPU mining.  And it does not have the airflow like on a open air rig most use if they happen to GPU mine.

If you hurt your video card in a laptop you can not simply swap it out like on a desktop.  It's a bad deal.   And in most cases GPU mining is at a loss.  Just don't mine with a laptop.
kpitti
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 07:45:17 AM

This is good try to just learn some basic, but do not run too long as you are loosing money for electricity.
I suggest to check such or similar calculator: bitcoinwisdom(dot)com/bitcoin/calculator
where you can put your hasing power and see possible result. Do not purchase any ASIC or other equipment before you do your calculation of investment and income first. Most of reliable ASICs are produced from Bitmain or Spondoolies. I advice to to some reading here in Hardware section.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 08:16:37 AM

even mining cpu only altcoin is not a good option, laptop are useless for this type of thing, i could only see it work if you decide to mine for a shor amount of time the initial block of a new coin and then shutdown and repeat, otherwise better to use it for browsing
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 08:58:02 AM

even mining cpu only altcoin is not a good option, laptop are useless for this type of thing, i could only see it work if you decide to mine for a shor amount of time the initial block of a new coin and then shutdown and repeat, otherwise better to use it for browsing

I means try altcoin which low diff, and why not to use for practice Cheesy
I personally not mining with laptop, but sometime mining with PC with fan Tongue

Yes better to use for browsing actually.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 09:14:32 AM

I means try altcoin which low diff, and why not to use for practice Cheesy
I personally not mining with laptop, but sometime mining with PC with fan Tongue

Yes better to use for browsing actually.

One reason is you can get a block erupter usb asic for less then 10 dollars.  With it you can play/learn mining.  And it won't break the bank. 

Also it wont stress your CPU/GPU.   I don't know how many here were doing lot's of GPU's a few years back, but if you push it to hard and it sends smoke up from a GPU, it is no fun.  Sure you can do RMA on most companies, but you will be without it for a bit.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: