Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 11:21:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: when all that glistens is not gold, it could well turn out to be Bitcoin  (Read 488 times)
LakeBTC (OP)

Activity: 903
Merit: 1000

LakeBTC.com

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2015, 03:53:53 AM

Donnacha Fox is an executive director with wealth management firm Quilter Cheviot:

"I must admit I ignored all articles and news commentaries about Bitcoin until very recently. It was only when I read (with amazement) that two universities in the United States had launched academic courses on the subject that I began to check my long-held sceptical view."

"the more I learn, the more I realise how much I don't know".

What of Bitcoin's relationship to gold? As one bubble was being inflated, the air was coming out of another. Now that the Bitcoin bubble has collapsed (current price is $225 @ LakeBTC), where's the next bubble?

http://www.independent.ie/opinion/when-all-that-glistens-is-not-gold-it-could-well-turn-out-to-be-bitcoin-31153396.html

LakeBanker: Free Banking for the World     LakeBanker.com   Token Sale. Participate Now!
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2015, 04:55:59 AM

Well it was about time that people stopped being ignorant about Bitcoin. They didn't have to ignore it due to it being something quite unusual, new. If you choose the right path, the adventure will be quite exciting and you never stop learning things related to Bitcoin or in general.
I think that the next time we overtake gold it will probably be final. The price will skyrocket one again I'm almost certain of it. +

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 05:03:55 AM

Just another speculator. Who cares what they think?

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
ensurance982

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Trust me!

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 10:52:46 AM

Quotes and articles like this keep me quite optimistic! It just takes some more time for Bitcoin to, say, 'arrive' at the people. They need to be confronted with it a couple of times and then start to do their research. It is then when many of them reconsider their critical stances.

We Support Currencies: BTC, LTC, USD, EUR, GBP
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: