Bitcoin Forum
June 11, 2024, 08:16:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tritium Pendants and Necklaces - Unique and One Of A Kind. Like these ?  (Read 698 times)
glowtrits (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2015, 12:56:50 PM

Guys,

Let's get the discussion and share your thoughts on the Topic of " Tritium related jewellery especially the Pendants and Necklaces " .

Those who have these pieces, kindly do share the photos of your "Love" here. And what do you think of these Tritium-powered stuff. There are a lot of products these days that are using these Tritium embedded into their "tools" such as EDC Tools, Watches, Pendants, Necklaces, Keyrings, Rings, Ear rings, Bracelets, etc...apart from the Military Uses, EXIT signs, Diving Equipments, etc...

To me, I personally love all these Tritium embedded jewellery such as pendants and necklaces. They have such beautiful glow when it comes to evening and night time. You won't get lost in the dark, thou....lol.

The real issue here is, these tritium vials are not harmful at all, due to the tiny low radiated gas which are encased in the glass tubes. Hence, I feel they are safe.

I will share my "pieces" here shortly...

glowtrits (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2015, 03:15:41 PM

It's radioactive, right? I expect they are safe, but what if you're wearing multiple things on you every day? Let's say you have a watch, a bracelet and a pendant, may it affect your health in the long run?

Hi Stargazer.

They are safe, as they are all encased in the glass tubes. In case even the tube is broken, for example, the tritium gas easily dissipate into the atmosphere.

Even you wear the tritium watch, wear a pendant or ear rings with tritium, they won't cause any effect in the long run. But if you are talking about direct exposure to the radiation in a huge quantity, then you will have to be careful.

Even the radiation therapy in the Hospital has much higher exposure compare to wearable pieces with small doses of tritium.

glowtrits (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2015, 03:25:55 PM

Here are some of the photos of the tritium pendants.

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2015/060/6/0/peacock_pendant_with_8_tritium_embedded_by_glowtrits-d8jzwlc.jpg

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-RveScLAmFaM/VSKReweqLvI/AAAAAAAADsw/cgb6NGFgTBY/w1152-h2048/P_20150406_194243_LL.jpg

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-O_NcJOh_Nn4/VSKRe1BNJqI/AAAAAAAADsw/Pz-YJEwWQ6A/w1152-h2048/P_20150406_193725_LL.jpg
Balthazar
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1359

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 10:31:54 PM

It's radioactive, right?
Yep, and the typical activity of tritium sources is very high, billions of decays per second. Tritium emits beta radiation with 12.6 years half-life. However, tritium decay energy is extremely low, that's why beta particles are unable to pass through the glass or even the skin.
glowtrits (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2015, 05:07:25 AM

Yes,

therefore, tritium related jewellery pieces are safe to wear, no issue.

there are not much coverage on these tritium jewellery yet, as most of these are in the Military, Police, Watches and also Diving related items.

On Etsy, there are more and more keyrings and pendants created with tritium. I do personally like them as for the glow and uniqueness.

Hope more people will share their opinions on this growing trend.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: