Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 12:00:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Matthew, I kindly ask you to stop your trollfest or remove "Editor-in-Chief"...  (Read 2194 times)
Come-from-Beyond (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
August 25, 2012, 08:49:52 PM

Matthew, I kindly ask you to stop your trollfest or remove "Editor-in-Chief" of Bitcoin Magazine from your avatar. Yes, I see your disclaimer ("The views and opinions expressed in this post are strictly those of the author. The contents of this post have not been reviewed nor approved by Bitcoin Magazine.") Bitcoin Magazine is supposed to be the face of Bitcoin. An editor is supposed to be the face of a magazine. People from non-Bitcoin world won't read the disclaimer. They will come here, read few first topics (about silly bets), notice "Editor-in-Chief" and leave for good thinking that Bitcoin is something for drug users. Yes, your behaviour makes me think you use drugs.
I hope the community will support me. Bitcoin is such cool thing, I don't wish misbehaviour of some persons ruins its reputation.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
klaus
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 25, 2012, 09:04:44 PM

nonsense. matthew's really cool. In difference to many others he puts his money where his mouth is.

bitmessage:BM-2D9c1oAbkVo96zDhTZ2jV6RXzQ9VG3A6f1​
threema:HXUAMT96
SysRun

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Portland Bitcoin Group Organizer

View Profile
August 25, 2012, 09:07:35 PM

All we've seen is mouth so far, obnoxious and unprofessional. I remember when I was that age, ah youth... I support this thread.

Images are not allowed. As your member rank increases, you can use more types of styling in your signature, and your signature can be longer. See the stickies in Meta for more info.
Max 2000; characters remaining: 1781
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 25, 2012, 09:27:56 PM

Bitcoin Magazine is supposed to be the face of Bitcoin.

Really?  That's like saying that this forum is "supposed to be the face of Bitcoin."  If either Bitcoin Magazine or this forum have gained market dominance it's not because they're intended to be "the face of Bitcoin", it's due to lack of competition. 

Neither this forum nor the magazine have any special kind of endorsement from the Bitcoin Project.  To the extent that a "face of Bitcoin" exists, it's the Bitcoin.org website and the Bitcoin StackExchange.  To the extent that an individual person is the "face of Bitcoin", it's Gavin.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
bitcats
Legendary

Activity: 1014
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 25, 2012, 09:44:40 PM

Matthew, I kindly ask you to stop your trollfest or remove "Editor-in-Chief" of Bitcoin Magazine from your avatar. Yes, I see your disclaimer ("The views and opinions expressed in this post are strictly those of the author. The contents of this post have not been reviewed nor approved by Bitcoin Magazine.") Bitcoin Magazine is supposed to be the face of Bitcoin. An editor is supposed to be the face of a magazine. People from non-Bitcoin world won't read the disclaimer. They will come here, read few first topics (about silly bets), notice "Editor-in-Chief" and leave for good thinking that Bitcoin is something for drug users. Yes, your behaviour makes me think you use drugs.
I hope the community will support me. Bitcoin is such cool thing, I don't wish misbehaviour of some persons ruins its reputation.

+1support

"Unser Problem ist nicht ziviler Ungehorsam, unser Problem ist ziviler Gehorsam."  - Howard Zinn
Coincomm

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 25, 2012, 09:52:47 PM

+1
cryptoanarchist
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 25, 2012, 10:05:53 PM

They will come here, read few first topics (about silly bets), notice "Editor-in-Chief" and leave for good thinking that Bitcoin is something for drug users. Yes, your behaviour makes me think you use drugs.

I've always thought he's into meth.

I'm grumpy!!
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
August 25, 2012, 10:23:23 PM

Although I understand half of his replies to things are sarcastic and joking because of half of the crap he has to listen to, but some times he does come across as a jackass. But, I think the warning in his sig is fitting (Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this post are strictly those of the author. The contents of this post have not been reviewed nor approved by Bitcoin Magazine), and I don't really see why you would fire a guy because of his own personal beliefs or tendencies to mess with people. If he starts officially representing Bitcoin Mag and makes a fool of himself, fine. But it would really suck to not ever be able to speak your mind just because you are affiliated with a project.

Yes he acts like a jackass and has been promoting his threads everywhere, but read over half of these stupid posts that people are making. MNW is actually a time traveler, and he has seen the future so his bets are unfair! Or, MNW is actually pirate and he is making these bets because its a sure win! Stupid posts like that don't really deserve a valid answer.
Grinder
Legendary

Activity: 1284
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 25, 2012, 11:18:50 PM

nonsense. matthew's really cool. In difference to many others he puts his money where his mouth is.
Actually, he has yet to demonstrate that he has any money to put anywhere.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
August 25, 2012, 11:29:18 PM

Thanks for helping to help keep me in line. I'll stop the troll fest. It's been fun!

You guys have got to learn to PM me though. Someone PMed me today and non-threateningly explained the good and bad sides of having a "Staff" tag, and I said "Hmm. Seems like it's better not to have one" and agreed. Take that versus Chaang/BigPiggy/various sockpuppets starting a thread to try and get it "removed". There is a way to communicate to me, and trust me, it's not by starting threads.

teflone

Activity: 770

You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB

View Profile
August 25, 2012, 11:33:21 PM

Im glad im not the only one...

Professionalism is key for a man in your position, I've brought this up before with you Matt.

Take heed the advice

For Canadians by Canadians: Canada's Bitcoin Community - https://www.coinforum.ca/
Come-from-Beyond (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
August 25, 2012, 11:45:43 PM

Bitcoin Magazine is supposed to be the face of Bitcoin.

Really?  That's like saying that this forum is "supposed to be the face of Bitcoin."

Most of people who come to this forum already know about Bitcoin. But "Bitcoin Magazine" is different, because it's a representation of Bitcoin in the outer world.

PS: Matthew replied, so no need to post in this thread anymore. I lock it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: