Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:04:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoinica.....market manipulators miss your service and retarded clients  (Read 1291 times)
bitlane (OP)
Internet detective

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

I heart thebaron

View Profile
August 26, 2012, 06:49:25 AM

After keeping an eye on Gox 24 hr, it seems as though the market is a much different animal than it was a few months ago.
The price is solid, considering what we all believe to be TRYING to happen. I just don't see anything of great interest happening with the price in the near future under regular trading.

What I am mainly referring to, are certain features that Bitcoinica Users had in their 'Trading Arsenals' such as GUARANTEED LIQUIDITY TRIGGERS that at one point in Bitcoin's trading history, were so easily manipulated with a decent dump (to trigger said liquidity/dump trigger points) and large buy order(s) waiting below the trigger point and along teh way down......then raise the market back up. Rinse, Repeat and collect mad cash.

Zoutong knew this (and could see it clearly from INSIDE Bitcoinica) and used it to his advantage many timed, hence the term "to be Zoutong'd" was born.
I don't care if I spelled his name wrong, he was a thief....

With smarter traders, less 'hand holding' services and a more confident community, the market now seems to be near to having a stable price by the nuts.

Good Job to everyone. 24 hours with a 0.3 variance is as stable as I have seen it lately.

Congrats,
bitlane

The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2012, 07:01:22 AM

We were 'stable' last time @5 the same way.

Added to that we have highly bullish and bearish fundamentals at the same time (Bitinstant credit card announcement vs. ongoing Pirate default)
And we have highly motivated chartists on both sides. (prologned uptrend vs. downward hazard)
In 2 months we could be either at 20 or 5, and the outcome literally depends on whatever somebody had last breakfast.

tl;dr enjoy it while it lasts and take a break from trading till we are back in predictable waters.
alan2here

Activity: 1778
Merit: 504

WorkAsPro

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 02:12:50 AM
Last edit: August 27, 2012, 11:27:05 AM by alan2here

Not sure your tone is helpfull bitlane, you can give your point of view without being so offensive.

████     ████     ████              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████    █████▄    ███               ████▀▀▀▀███▄
 ███▄   ██▀███   ████   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ████    ▀███
 ▀███  ▄██  ██   ███                ████    ▄███
  ███  ██▀  ███ ▄███    ▄▄▄▄▄▄      ███████████▀
  ▀██▄ ██   ▀██ ███     ██████      ████
   ██████    ██████    ███  ███     ████
   ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██▀  ▀██▄    ▀▀▀▀
                      ███    ███
                     ████████████
                    ▄███      ███▄
                    ████      ████
....WorkAsPro...
First 
Crypto-powered
Freelance Service
....NO KYC...
0% Commission
....Fiverr Alternative...
Blockchain Voting System
    ▄█▀█▄
    █▄ ▄█
     ▀▀▀
▄▄  ▄███▄         █
██ ███ ██        █▀
██ ███ ██       ▄█
██ ███ ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀
██ ▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 █▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀█
▄█▀       ▀█▄ ▀█
▀▀         ▀▀  ▀▀
....Join us now...
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 03:11:14 AM

yes, you did get it wrong; it's "Zhoutonged"! Wink
Coincomm

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 03:12:20 AM

The market knows Pirate dumped the last of his client's coins. Pirate is gone and the market shows it.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2012, 03:36:59 AM

The market knows Pirate dumped the last of his client's coins. Pirate is gone and the market shows it.

Why do I still bother?

ah what the hell...

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: