Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 04:49:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help please, antminer s4  (Read 826 times)
douglas12107 (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 01:59:17 AM

got 2 antminer s4 they were working great n couple days ago they stopped mining, when logging into them under status overview the hardware version shows x.x.x.x also cgminer shows nothing just a blank spot where it should show the version. Are these things just expensive paperweights now or what? I've already tried ssh into them to install cgminer, once it restarts its still blank, have also tried updating firmware still no go. Any thoughts?
Zich
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2015, 02:19:25 AM

got 2 antminer s4 they were working great n couple days ago they stopped mining, when logging into them under status overview the hardware version shows x.x.x.x also cgminer shows nothing just a blank spot where it should show the version. Are these things just expensive paperweights now or what? I've already tried ssh into them to install cgminer, once it restarts its still blank, have also tried updating firmware still no go. Any thoughts?

Try to check if there is any burn mark on the blade. Then tighten all connector in the blade & controller.
douglas12107 (OP)

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 02:55:19 AM

Try to check if there is any burn mark on the blade. Then tighten all connector in the blade & controller.

will try that tomorrow, will post back if it works or not
dimke_yu

Activity: 461
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2015, 10:46:37 AM

Did you try with reflashing microSD card. I had similar issues on S2 and every time reflash of microSD did the trick, also those microSD know to brick without reason so you could try with new one.

douglas12107 (OP)

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 12:59:26 PM

Did you try with reflashing microSD card. I had similar issues on S2 and every time reflash of microSD did the trick, also those microSD know to brick without reason so you could try with new one.

nope but will defininetly try it, thanks
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: