Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 01:13:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Coinbase.com and Blockchain.info . Comparing the better and safer ?  (Read 1280 times)
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2015, 09:41:31 AM

The link I gave you has comparison which will help you.

Always make a backup of your wallet. If you use only a few addresses, copy addresses and it's private key into a doc and print it. Use a safe printer when you do, preferably, printer which doesn't save what you printed in its memory. If you use an HD wallet such as Electrum, you just need to make a backup of the seed you get. You will be able to recover all the Bitcoin with that seed even if the Bitcoin was in an address you created after making a backup.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 09:51:09 AM

I prefer to blockchain.info, AFAIK coinbase is don't allow transaction from gambling right?
But my advice is if you want to store medium-big amounts, use desktop wallet(electrum is my recommend).
Bitcoin Explorer

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 10:21:22 AM
Last edit: April 21, 2015, 11:17:45 AM by Bitcoin Explorer

If you refer to Muuhammed Zakir post, he is quite correct. In my views, blockchain.info is wallet centric, while Coinbase is trying to build an ecosystem of its own services. You should go for blockchain.info as your hot wallet and if you want to store large amounts, I think you should consider a cold storage option.

Muhammed Zakir

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2015, 10:23:17 AM

If you refer to Mohammed Sakura post, -snip-

I ain't Japanese. Tongue

shulio
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1016

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 10:31:34 AM

Hi,

I feel confused about these two types of web wallet. I really do not know what kind should I use to store my Bitcoin. I do not understand many of the

issues related to technical of Bitcoin as well as the features of the two types that wallet. I hope you do have experience as well as a good

understanding of the two kind of these wallet for making comments about them to help me be able to choose the kind of better.

I sincerely thank you very much for your help all.

If you only wish to store your bitcoin then blockchain is it. Coinbase is better if you wish to trade them for fiat too and Coinbase wont allow a transaction with gambling sites. So if you do some gambling, dont use coinbase. But the most safe wallet is of course a desktop wallet

Sincere thanks for your help ! shulio

I'm really confused about it. Coinbase or Blockchain ? I have both types of account. I sometimes have gambling, but I rarely. So I do not worry about

it. I know the money transfer is very fast in blockchain and coinbase is quite a bit slower but I really do not know which safer ?

Honestly, I know Bitcoin desktop is the best. But for me, it is very difficult to use. Last year, I 've lost money because i forgot to back it up for new

addresses. And sometimes, I need cash or buy anything... Bitcoin desktop can not respond immediately (wait for sync)

If you are gambling, you should avoid using coinbase as they will closed your account once they noticed that you are receiving funds from gambling. There are already few people who experienced this

Just got a warning from Coinbase about participating in gambling. It appears that they monitor this thread :/
Mewtwo (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

ROAD TO HEAVEN...

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 01:14:01 PM

The link I gave you has comparison which will help you.

Always make a backup of your wallet. If you use only a few addresses, copy addresses and it's private key into a doc and print it. Use a safe printer when you do, preferably, printer which doesn't save what you printed in its memory. If you use an HD wallet such as Electrum, you just need to make a backup of the seed you get. You will be able to recover all the Bitcoin with that seed even if the Bitcoin was in an address you created after making a backup.

Yes, I sincerely thank you so much Muhammed Zakir !

I am using Bitcoin Core with lots of addresses in it. Ago, I used to leave the wallet opening. Because I traded in Bittrex , C-CEX and Poloniex so I can transfer to exchange anytime. and that's why I 've been stolen by a malware link from someone on Poloniex trollbox. I'm not sure I 've lost in the Bitcoin wallet or not, but I certainly have lost 22,400 HYPER and 42,000 HYP from that malware link. Afterthat, I took my laptop to a cumputer store to re-setting it.
When everything have been done , I download Bitcoin core again and installed it. And I discovered that wallet.dat only has two addresses in it because I did not back up the address that I generated later. So I lost my Bitcoin.
And That's why at this time, I did not dare open my wallet when online again .

Mewtwo (OP)

ROAD TO HEAVEN...

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 01:18:35 PM

I prefer to blockchain.info, AFAIK coinbase is don't allow transaction from gambling right?
But my advice is if you want to store medium-big amounts, use desktop wallet(electrum is my recommend).

Sincerely thanks for your help !

I have just finished installing Electrum wallet. I'm rarely gambling. So I do not too care about it

Mewtwo (OP)

ROAD TO HEAVEN...

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 01:24:48 PM

If you refer to Muuhammed Zakir post, he is quite correct. In my views, blockchain.info is wallet centric, while Coinbase is trying to build an ecosystem of its own services. You should go for blockchain.info as your hot wallet and if you want to store large amounts, I think you should consider a cold storage option.

I ain't Japanese. Tongue

Hihihihi Grin Thank you both so much ! I will use blockchain as all of you here have recommended.

Mewtwo (OP)

ROAD TO HEAVEN...

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 01:31:27 PM

Hi,

I feel confused about these two types of web wallet. I really do not know what kind should I use to store my Bitcoin. I do not understand many of the

issues related to technical of Bitcoin as well as the features of the two types that wallet. I hope you do have experience as well as a good

understanding of the two kind of these wallet for making comments about them to help me be able to choose the kind of better.

If you only wish to store your bitcoin then blockchain is it. Coinbase is better if you wish to trade them for fiat too and Coinbase wont allow a transaction with gambling sites. So if you do some gambling, dont use coinbase. But the most safe wallet is of course a desktop wallet

Sincere thanks for your help ! shulio

I'm really confused about it. Coinbase or Blockchain ? I have both types of account. I sometimes have gambling, but I rarely. So I do not worry about

it. I know the money transfer is very fast in blockchain and coinbase is quite a bit slower but I really do not know which safer ?

Honestly, I know Bitcoin desktop is the best. But for me, it is very difficult to use. Last year, I 've lost money because i forgot to back it up for new

addresses. And sometimes, I need cash or buy anything... Bitcoin desktop can not respond immediately (wait for sync)

If you are gambling, you should avoid using coinbase as they will closed your account once they noticed that you are receiving funds from gambling. There are already few people who experienced this

Just got a warning from Coinbase about participating in gambling. It appears that they monitor this thread :/

Yes, Surely, I will avoid using Coinbase for gambling, I only use it to receive and transfer to blockchain if I want to gamble otherwise, I will transfer all to Electrum wallet.
I think That is how I have learned from you all here.
I sincerely thanks for your advice !

Bitcoin Explorer

Activity: 854

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 04:38:16 PM

I ain't Japanese. Tongue
Hihihihi Grin Thank you both so much ! I will use blockchain as all of you here have recommended.
alright, glad you chose blockchain.info
remember to take backups and encrypt them properly.

Mewtwo (OP)

ROAD TO HEAVEN...

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 05:13:04 PM

I ain't Japanese. Tongue
alright, glad you chose blockchain.info
remember to take backups and encrypt them properly.

Yes, sure. Thanks for your enthusiastic help ! Have a great day ! Grin

bitboy11

Activity: 534

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 05:47:31 PM

In my opinion, Blockchain.info is better simply because Coinbase does not allow anyone without a US-based bank account to deposit or withdraw funds. So Coinbase is effectively useless to me!
CoinFoxs
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1004

Campaign Management & Translation Service

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 06:34:16 PM

Hi,

Im using both of these wallet i never saw any technical issue with these two Sites. coinbase is really good, i know when they started a free giveaway campaign giving away app 1$ per account that you create. they are really good, with 24 hour active service. And also have very good experience with blockchain. i dont think both will ever scam somebody.
what you think will blockchain will scam someone as they are have many other things?
I also recommend you to use bit-x.
galbros
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 09:20:12 PM

For webwallet, blockchain.info all the way.  As others have pointed out, if you don't control the private key you don't control your bitcoin.  BCI gives you control of your private keys, coinbase does not.

This is not to say you can't use coinbase to buy and sell bitcoins, but as a wallet, I'd go with blockchain.info.
Muhammed Zakir

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2015, 03:18:54 AM

In my opinion, Blockchain.info is better simply because Coinbase does not allow anyone without a US-based bank account to deposit or withdraw funds. So Coinbase is effectively useless to me!

Coinbase doesn't need us to connect our bank account if we use it as a wallet. You should realize the difference between wallet and exchange.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: