Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 07:14:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is this how most people percieve Bitcoin? An NSA honeypot??  (Read 1766 times)
Q7

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2015, 11:44:30 AM

I have serious doubt about the integrity based the outcome of the pool conducted. First it never show the background of the people selected for the pool nor does it give any other further information. From what I see here from the results, it goes to show how misinformed people generally are or should I say the trust level that people have in bitcoin is at a low level. It's like they see it as a trap. But more interesting is that, is there a possibility that the number of those people who claim to have zero knowledge of bitcoin are also being categorized into the same group of people who says that they can't trust the network. So it's like telling two different sides of the story although you are referring to the same scenario and condition.

The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CBG81

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 11:46:56 AM

Here's a result of a poll on Slashdot.

http://m.slashdot.org/poll/2879

not really surprised by results...only shows that there is no unique view on the future of bitcoin. which again is not surprising given the volatility of this currency.
pawel7777
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1567

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2015, 12:31:01 PM

I have serious doubt about the integrity based the outcome of the pool conducted. First it never show the background of the people selected for the pool nor does it give any other further information. From what I see here from the results, it goes to show how misinformed people generally are or should I say the trust level that people have in bitcoin is at a low level. It's like they see it as a trap. But more interesting is that, is there a possibility that the number of those people who claim to have zero knowledge of bitcoin are also being categorized into the same group of people who says that they can't trust the network. So it's like telling two different sides of the story although you are referring to the same scenario and condition.

This isn't any serious research with carefully selected 'representative group'. This is just another internet poll open to everyone. I don't think it even prevents multiple voting. And you should view it as such.

Plus, one non-standard answer placed among standard, boring answers will always get a lot of votes. If they put "Potato" instead of "Be revealed as a giant NSA honeypot" - the result would be similar.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
ensurance982

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Trust me!

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 02:25:56 PM

This isn't any serious research with carefully selected 'representative group'. This is just another internet poll open to everyone. I don't think it even prevents multiple voting. And you should view it as such.

Plus, one non-standard answer placed among standard, boring answers will always get a lot of votes. If they put "Potato" instead of "Be revealed as a giant NSA honeypot" - the result would be similar.

Yep... That's basically it. You could have even gone as far as to include even more ridiculous answers than the NSA claim. It's stories like these that make Bitcoin critics ("Buttcoiners") rejoice...

We Support Currencies: BTC, LTC, USD, EUR, GBP
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 03:15:03 PM

There is also the logic argument. Why? What kind of honeypot gives out honey?

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
galbros
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 12:43:10 AM

Maybe a DEA honeypot but those people have enough problems of their own.  NSA is focused on code breaking, so while they might one day break bitcoin I don't see them using it to track us and all out activities down.
visual111

Activity: 493
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 02:49:23 AM

A honeypot for what exactly?

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

INTRODUCING WAVES
ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM

Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2015, 03:58:04 AM

Has anyone noticed how "BTC" looks somewhat similar to CIA when the letters are reversed ? lol

CTB = CIA Shocked

uininPeter

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 05:40:47 PM

Most people get their information from the media, and the largest bitcoin headlines consist of seizures and illegal activities, undoubtedly this will reach some people and this will be what they think.

imamanandyou

Activity: 147

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 08:59:07 PM

Has anyone noticed how "BTC" looks somewhat similar to CIA when the letters are reversed ? lol

CTB = CIA Shocked

That is ridiculous man, I couldnt have been more amazed by your discovery. Maybe btc was created by the cia in order to control the people interested in cryptocurrency while they push fiat and leave us all out in the streets screaming "bitcoin" and making us seem like lunatics! It all makes sense!

Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2015, 09:37:23 PM

CTB = CIA Shocked

That is ridiculous man, I couldnt have been more amazed by your discovery. Maybe btc was created by the cia in order to control the people interested in cryptocurrency while they push fiat and leave us all out in the streets screaming "bitcoin" and making us seem like lunatics! It all makes sense!

"Gavin will visit the CIA" --> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=6652.0

Satoshi vanished weeks before this meeting took place. The asic pre-order hype, scams and the massive gpu sell off, followed not long after.

"Gavin will visit the Council on Foreign Relations" --> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=412846.0

And here is where I'm guessing they decided on how to finish centralizing the living shit out of BTC/ cryptos.

Mr. Burns

Activity: 165

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 12:30:14 AM

Well if God doesn't know I'm using drugs by now, He should.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: