Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 07:15:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CoPay wallet in windows app store, STILL not working on Windows Phone? :(  (Read 2758 times)
Jace (OP)

Activity: 288
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 11:54:14 AM

To my surprise, I noticed that the CoPay wallet is now finally available in the Windows Phone App Store:

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/copay-wallet/4372479b-a064-4d18-8bd3-74a3bdb81c3a

Unfortunately, it still does not work on many Windows phones Sad Here's the problem:

(click = large version)

This is on a Windows Phone with the latest version of everything. All the latest Windows and system and software updates. WTF? Sad

Feel free to send your life savings to 1JhrfA12dBMUhcgh85wYan6HL2uLQdB6z9
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2015, 07:03:00 PM

Looks like CoPay is not available in your country for some reason? Are you outside the US?
Jace (OP)

Activity: 288
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 10:11:33 AM

Yes, in The Netherlands (I'm fortunate to live in Arnhem Bitcoincity Grin)

I can hardly imagine there are regional limits on a Bitcoin app, which after all is intended for worldwide payments? I know more people here in Arnhem who have been using this app in the past, although that was still the beta, not sure about this official WP App Store version.

Feel free to send your life savings to 1JhrfA12dBMUhcgh85wYan6HL2uLQdB6z9
btchris

Activity: 672
Merit: 504

a.k.a. gurnec on GitHub

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2015, 12:19:21 PM

Have you tried sideloading it from the windows store here?
jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2015, 12:25:42 PM

Yes, in The Netherlands (I'm fortunate to live in Arnhem Bitcoincity Grin)

I can hardly imagine there are regional limits on a Bitcoin app, which after all is intended for worldwide payments? I know more people here in Arnhem who have been using this app in the past, although that was still the beta, not sure about this official WP App Store version.

Well it was just a guess, I'm not sure it has to do with your location. There is no such restriction for Android and iOS so it would strike me as odd as well.
cmgustavo

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 05:26:16 PM

To my surprise, I noticed that the CoPay wallet is now finally available in the Windows Phone App Store:

Unfortunately, it still does not work on many Windows phones Sad Here's the problem:

This is on a Windows Phone with the latest version of everything. All the latest Windows and system and software updates. WTF? Sad

Hello, here a Copay developer.

I think you have an old version of WP, because Copay works (and was tested) only on WP8.1. Btw, there is no country restrictions or phones (I have a Lumia 630 without SIM).

Please, try to update your phone software and check if you can download it.

Thanks!
twister

Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2015, 06:22:17 PM

I am using copay on my windows wallet and it works flawlessly but the only worry I have is I don't know any way of importing the backup to any other wallet, which is why I am afraid of sending any big amount of coins to it because if for some reason it doesn't work tomorrow I have no way of getting hold of my funds.

It is also missing some features as importing a paper wallet, sending to multiple addresses etc.

Apart from that it has a really simple interface and is very easy to use.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
  ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦   
0.8%-1% House Edge
[/
cmgustavo

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 07:19:21 PM

I am using copay on my windows wallet and it works flawlessly but the only worry I have is I don't know any way of importing the backup to any other wallet, which is why I am afraid of sending any big amount of coins to it because if for some reason it doesn't work tomorrow I have no way of getting hold of my funds.

Agree, we know that the backup process needs to be improved. But, regarding to import to another wallet different of Copay if for same reason bitcore-wallet-service stop working, let me say that you (or your company) could create their own service to use with Copay. So, with your backup and an alternative bitcore-wallet-service, you will never lost your funds if something going wrong.

Copay uses Bitcore Wallet Service that it is also open-source https://github.com/bitpay/bitcore-wallet-service. After create the service, change the BWS url from preferences and "recreate" the wallet with all your funds. That's simple.

It is also missing some features as importing a paper wallet, sending to multiple addresses etc.

We have these features in our plans.

Thanks!
twister

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2015, 11:47:01 AM

Agree, we know that the backup process needs to be improved. But, regarding to import to another wallet different of Copay if for same reason bitcore-wallet-service stop working, let me say that you (or your company) could create their own service to use with Copay. So, with your backup and an alternative bitcore-wallet-service, you will never lost your funds if something going wrong.

Copay uses Bitcore Wallet Service that it is also open-source https://github.com/bitpay/bitcore-wallet-service. After create the service, change the BWS url from preferences and "recreate" the wallet with all your funds. That's simple.

We have these features in our plans.

Thanks!

Thank you for responding to my concerns, the problem is the average bitcoin user such as myself don't know how to create another bitcoin wallet service using what you recommended above, I really like CoPay so far and has been using it constantly and have no complaints with how the wallet works.

I just hope that soon it has a paper wallet import feature and an easy way to import backup in another wallet without having much technical knowledge should a user feel the need to do that.

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
  ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦   
0.8%-1% House Edge
[/
twister

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2015, 04:04:47 PM

Just updated to the latest version today, its 1.6.3 I think and it has a paper wallet sweep feature, either by entering the private key or scanning the QR code, on top of that there is a seed function like electrum, which you need to restore the wallet, which is much better than the previous saving feature, it doesn't has the feature to send to many at this point but it is looking/working great.

I wonder if the seed can be used in a wallet other than copay or can maybe used to get the private key of the address?

Very happy with the updates, great work you guys. Smiley