Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 03:04:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2015-04-21] WSJ: Latin America Facebook Rival to Use Bitcoin to Pay for Content  (Read 780 times)
chmod755 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1020

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2015, 02:40:12 PM

BitBeat: Latin America Facebook Rival to Use Bitcoin to Pay for Content

http://blogs.wsj.com/moneybeat/2015/04/21/bitbeat-latin-america-facebook-rival-to-use-bitcoin-to-pay-for-content/

btbrae

Activity: 680
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 03:34:25 PM

I just saw this on my casual daily drop by the news forum.

This is a big deal if true. If they push the reward program through successfully then several million people will suddenly say "What is Bitcoin, how do I get it, and why am I using Facebook when my friend is earning Bitcoins on Taringa?". This is the kind of thing that changes the game. Good luck to them.

Best news in ages.

How will it work bitcoins in Taringa!

Taringa! Creators (www.taringa.net/creadores) is a revolutionary program that rewards users of Taringa! creating valuable content on the platform, and makes it through bitcoins. The company will implement a revenue share model through which users will share advertising revenue generated by its content on the site.

Each time a user registered in the program create a post, may receive financial compensation in bitcoins for their contribution, taking into account variables such as number of visits received the post on the site, the score received by users of the community and advertising revenues which generated that content to the platform.

The bits that users receive (which is called the fraction of a bitcoin, 1 bitcoin equals 1 million bits) will be deposited into a virtual wallet in Xapo that every user must open for free upon registration at the program. Then they can use these bitcoins for online purchases of products or services means accepting it as payment, transfer among your friends or sell them for cash.

In the first stage, the top content producers (creators of content users) Taringa! will be invited to register for the program.

When Taringa! Creators becomes operational, it will transaccionando 1 million bits (which is a fraction of bitcoins) per day.
Kaneki

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 04:43:28 PM

I just saw this on my casual daily drop by the news forum.

This is a big deal if true. If they push the reward program through successfully then several million people will suddenly say "What is Bitcoin, how do I get it, and why am I using Facebook when my friend is earning Bitcoins on Taringa?". This is the kind of thing that changes the game. Good luck to them.

Best news in ages.

How will it work bitcoins in Taringa!

Taringa! Creators (www.taringa.net/creadores) is a revolutionary program that rewards users of Taringa! creating valuable content on the platform, and makes it through bitcoins. The company will implement a revenue share model through which users will share advertising revenue generated by its content on the site.

Each time a user registered in the program create a post, may receive financial compensation in bitcoins for their contribution, taking into account variables such as number of visits received the post on the site, the score received by users of the community and advertising revenues which generated that content to the platform.

The bits that users receive (which is called the fraction of a bitcoin, 1 bitcoin equals 1 million bits) will be deposited into a virtual wallet in Xapo that every user must open for free upon registration at the program. Then they can use these bitcoins for online purchases of products or services means accepting it as payment, transfer among your friends or sell them for cash.

In the first stage, the top content producers (creators of content users) Taringa! will be invited to register for the program.

When Taringa! Creators becomes operational, it will transaccionando 1 million bits (which is a fraction of bitcoins) per day.

will be a lot of Facebook users would switch if they knew that this web site  Shocked
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2015, 04:45:54 PM

https://blog.xapo.com/xapo-and-taringa-launch-largest-bitcoin-integration/

wow, big news. good day for BTC  Smiley

Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 05:35:49 PM

I just knew that Xapo was involved in this on some level when I saw the headline. They're sitting on over a hundred million in funding and are supposedly the largest vault holding service in the world.
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 06:37:40 PM

Thanks for that link Ltcguy. Really some great news. We're seeing really some progress here.Awesome.
mercistheman

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 01:03:41 AM

They'll need an easy signup process... looking forward to more details on the user experience
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 11:41:44 AM

When Facebook realize that they can't stay behind and potentially will lose a lot members they might also accept Bitcoin for payments.

Look at the Google, Apple, Samsung, etc. They all are affraid to stay behind with their wallet services. So they try to top each other. I hope the same will happen with social networks accepting Bitcoin.
pabloangello
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 12:38:41 PM

I'm wondering how they will ease the process of buying Bitcoins for their users.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: