Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:33:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin vs Apple Pay  (Read 2991 times)
Paleus (OP)

Activity: 284
Merit: 122

www.diginomics.com

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2015, 06:17:42 PM

The debate between bitcoin and Apple Pay rages on, as early adopters weigh the differences and advantages of either particular system. Apple Pay, announced as a payment system which could allow payments to be made directly from the iPhone among other Apple devices, was announced in 2014 and has many of the Apple loyal raving its potential for friction-less commerce. Bitcoin likewise, is a payment system which promises to make a leap into electronic exchange, yet has very important distinctions between what Apple is aiming for with their platform.

BITCOIN VS APPLE PAY

MARKET CAPITALIZATION 2015 ($ MILLIONS)

The Apple Pay infrastructure can be seen as an overlay network ontop of our everyday purchases in the way we conduct the transaction. The bitcoin technology is a deeper, more core aspect of what this infrastructure entails because it not only radically alters the way we conduct the transactions, but the type of value we transact.

Read the full article on Diginomics.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
S4VV4S

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 06:23:21 PM

LOL!

There's a debate?

Let's see....

I send millions of dollars in BTC, I pay something close to nothing for transaction fees.

I use Apple Pay : https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204274
In all do fairness I did not go through the above link/document because I don't need too...  Wink
But I could be wrong, maybe Apple Pay is cheaper than transacting with Bitcoin  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 06:23:32 PM

You can't expect the dumb herd to pick something called "Bitcoin" over something called "Apple Pay".
We'll need more years of being bitchslapped by banks and goverments until they get the point.
amiryaqot
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 08:01:21 PM

Apple pay is service not a currency and storage of wealth, totally different but definitely a bit of a bummer.

agreed with there is no sense to make Apple pay with Bitcoin because has totaly different computing set up and more advanced crypto currency and Apple pay is just payment service which use old ordinary currency.
boopy265420
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 08:07:04 PM

Apple pay is service not a currency and storage of wealth, totally different but definitely a bit of a bummer.
We can say apple pay is designed for apple users to pay for their stuffs online. Bitcoin is digital currency will be unique and biggest invention for the last 500 years. This is revolutionary digital currency which is to be explored yet. Apple has wealth to support it's paying service but can not be not compared with bitcoin.
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 08:10:47 PM

Roll Eyes i prefer paypal over apple pay ... because ... i hate apple product.  Grin
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 08:22:23 PM
Last edit: April 21, 2015, 09:04:27 PM by RodeoX

Bitcoin  -->

Apple Pay  -->

PayPal  -->

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 10:09:29 PM

The funny part is Apple helps the US government spy on everyone and everthing they have the government's blessing as well.
Meanwhile you have all these idiot hipster types acting like Apple's part of some kind of 'counterculture'!!
BTC_Superman

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 03:22:55 PM

Bitcoin is much much better than Apple Pay. On the other hand, Apple pay is a service not a currency.
RodeoX
Legendary

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 03:29:38 PM

I see no debate. Apple pay is a slightly different implementation of credit cards. There is nothing new about it. Bitcoin is a fundamentally different technology and an order of magnitude faster, cheaper, and more secure.     

louise123

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 03:37:13 PM

I see no debate. Apple pay is a slightly different implementation of credit cards. There is nothing new about it. Bitcoin is a fundamentally different technology and an order of magnitude faster, cheaper, and more secure.     

You are forgetting the most important thing:
Bitcoin is decentralized whereas Apple Pay is very centralized.

██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
                ▄███
             ▄███▌ █
            ▀▀▀██▄  █
          ▄███▄▄ ▀▀▀█
         █ █████▀▀▀▄▄
        ▄██ ███▄    █
       ▐███▀   ▀█   █
       ████     █   █
      ▄██▀▄█▄▄▄█▀   █
      ▀▄▄███▌      █
  ▄▄▄▀▀▀████       █
▄▀    ██ ██       █
▐▌     ██▌▐▌      ▀▄
█      ██ █         ▀▄
█      █▀▄▌          █
█   ▄▀█▄██           █
█ ▄▀      ▀▀▄▄▀▄     █
▀▀             █    █
              █  ▄▀
              ▀▄█
     ▀█████████████▄▄
 ▀ ▀▀▀███████████████▌
  ▀ ▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀██████         ▄███████▄      ▄▄███████▄    ▄███▄    ▄███▄ ▄███▄      ▄███▄
▀ ▀▀▀▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▌       ▄████▀▀▀████▄   ▐████▀▀█████   ▀████▄ ▄████▀ █████▄    ▄█████
   ▀▀███████████████▀       █████     ████▌          ████▌    ▀████████▀    █████▄  ▄█████▌
  ▀ ▀████████████████▀ ▀    ██████████████▌   ▄▄██████████     ▄██████▄      █████▄▄█████▌
    ██████      ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀ █████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    █████▀▀▀█████    ▄████████▄      ██████████▌
    ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▄ ▄    ████▄▄   ▄▄█▄   ████▄  ▄█████ ▄█████▀▀█████▄     ████████▌
    █████████████████▀        ▀███████████   ▀████████████  ████▀    ▀████      ██████▌
    ██████████████▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀    ▀▀        ▀▀        █████
                                                                               ▄█████
                                                                           ▄███████▀
                                                                           ▀████▀▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
|█████████████████
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
  WHITEPAPER 
 LIGHTPAPER
|Instant Deposit
✓ 24/7 Support
Referral Program
trafficolaa
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 03:44:27 PM

omg i am wonder why people are comparing this shit Apple pay with the innovation of the century Tongue Bitcoin has no comparison in anyway super fast and most advanced payment solution on the current era.
grendel25
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1031

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 03:46:52 PM

Bingo!  And the double charges are already happening!  Check this out:  http://money.cnn.com/2014/10/22/technology/mobile/apple-pay-double-charge/index.html

Always keep in mind the FUNdamental differences of decentralized crypto-currency when compared to centralized payment systems.  The technology is simply like comparing Apples (lol) to Bitcoin!  There virtually is no comparison when it comes to the purist financial technology delivered by crypto currencies.

..EPICENTRAL .....
..EPIC: Epic Private Internet Cash..
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀    ██████▄
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
▀████████▌▐       ████████▀
▀████████ ▄██▄  ████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████▀█████▀████████▄
▄██████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀██████▄
██████▌             ▐██████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
▀█████▄  ▄▄     ▄▄  ▄█████▀
▀██████▄▄███████▄▄██████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
[/center]
xingming

Activity: 322

Writing to dispel society's myths.

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 03:48:24 PM

Good comparison , Apple pay is a word wide service and have some high securities check and
other complexed things so it may be more secure than Bitcoin , but it take a lot of fees
Bitcoin have instant transactions and slow fees but price is not stable .

Xing Ming .  

amiryaqot
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 03:51:24 PM

that is true Apple pay is an payment application which used it for old 90's transaction method and nothing new there to make comparison with both, BTCitcoin is most cheapest and faster than super jet payment method with 100% security.
Bitcoin_BOy$

Activity: 854
Merit: 503

|| Web developer ||

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 04:02:16 PM

My choice is Bitcoin always , slow fees and more secure if you make importance for security
and also always smooth transactions  .

Bitcoin Boy .
RodeoX
Legendary

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 08:31:49 PM

Amen brother. That is the key difference. If I can't control it, then I don't want anyone to control it.

1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 08:37:12 PM

Apple Pay will never succeed. Merchants are sick of money hungry payment processors. Every merchant should accept Bitcoin payments.

There are no cons, only benefits. Volatility is not an issue as every Bitcoin sale would get converted to fiat if they so wish.
Troonetpt

Activity: 322

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 04:47:40 AM

It's totally two different things, bitcoin is the future and apply pay is just another mastercard.
jacktheking
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Personal Text Space Not For Sale

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 04:50:14 AM

I'm not a Apple fan. If you ask me Android or iOS, I say Android. Mac or Window? Window.

I never heard of Apple Pay till today. What's it? Dont reply, I dont want to know. It sound like a payment system. If so.. Bitcoin get my vote.

Off-topic: This is my 1,000 posts on this forums!

So sad! This profile does not appear as the #1 result (on anonymous) Google searches anymore.

Time to be active on the crypto forums again? Proud to be one of the few Legendary members of the Sparkie Red Dot!

Gonna put this on my resume if I ever join a cryptocurrency/blockchain industry!
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: