Bitcoin Forum
July 08, 2024, 04:35:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin vs Apple Pay  (Read 3000 times)
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 07:13:14 AM

it seems that it is not clear to them that the real strength of bitcoin is its decentralization, any other payment system that is just centralized, has nothing new to offer i can just use my debit card, why bother, on the other hand being decentralized is a plus(you have the full control of your money, the most important thing for me, i'm here only because of that, if bitcoin was not decentralized i know i would end ignoring it) that's make bitcoin vastly better
louise123

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 08:01:30 AM

it seems that it is not clear to them that the real strength of bitcoin is its decentralization, any other payment system that is just centralized, has nothing new to offer i can just use my debit card, why bother, on the other hand being decentralized is a plus(you have the full control of your money, the most important thing for me, i'm here only because of that, if bitcoin was not decentralized i know i would end ignoring it) that's make bitcoin vastly better

Decentralization is something that benefits those who understand the benefits and know how to handle and protect their money.
Unfortunately most people prefer to have the bank to do that for them.

██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
                ▄███
             ▄███▌ █
            ▀▀▀██▄  █
          ▄███▄▄ ▀▀▀█
         █ █████▀▀▀▄▄
        ▄██ ███▄    █
       ▐███▀   ▀█   █
       ████     █   █
      ▄██▀▄█▄▄▄█▀   █
      ▀▄▄███▌      █
  ▄▄▄▀▀▀████       █
▄▀    ██ ██       █
▐▌     ██▌▐▌      ▀▄
█      ██ █         ▀▄
█      █▀▄▌          █
█   ▄▀█▄██           █
█ ▄▀      ▀▀▄▄▀▄     █
▀▀             █    █
              █  ▄▀
              ▀▄█
     ▀█████████████▄▄
 ▀ ▀▀▀███████████████▌
  ▀ ▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀██████         ▄███████▄      ▄▄███████▄    ▄███▄    ▄███▄ ▄███▄      ▄███▄
▀ ▀▀▀▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▌       ▄████▀▀▀████▄   ▐████▀▀█████   ▀████▄ ▄████▀ █████▄    ▄█████
   ▀▀███████████████▀       █████     ████▌          ████▌    ▀████████▀    █████▄  ▄█████▌
  ▀ ▀████████████████▀ ▀    ██████████████▌   ▄▄██████████     ▄██████▄      █████▄▄█████▌
    ██████      ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀ █████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    █████▀▀▀█████    ▄████████▄      ██████████▌
    ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▄ ▄    ████▄▄   ▄▄█▄   ████▄  ▄█████ ▄█████▀▀█████▄     ████████▌
    █████████████████▀        ▀███████████   ▀████████████  ████▀    ▀████      ██████▌
    ██████████████▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀    ▀▀        ▀▀        █████
                                                                               ▄█████
                                                                           ▄███████▀
                                                                           ▀████▀▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
|█████████████████
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
  WHITEPAPER 
 LIGHTPAPER
|Instant Deposit
✓ 24/7 Support
Referral Program
WhatTheGox
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 08:21:22 AM

Decentralization is something that benefits those who understand the benefits and know how to handle and protect their money.

While people are comfortable and have no reason to take control they will stick with the banks.  Think ofall the other shit they have to worry about like kids/housing/eating etc. 

Bitcoin needs to provide very clear simple and obvious benefits.
louise123

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 08:30:36 AM

While people are comfortable and have no reason to take control they will stick with the banks.  Think ofall the other shit they have to worry about like kids/housing/eating etc. 

Bitcoin needs to provide very clear simple and obvious benefits.

I think Bitcoin also needs to become more user friendly and safer for newcomers to use.
If the average Joe cannot find his way through Bitcoin and is constantly worried about hackers stealing their money, then they will remain with the banking sector.

██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
                ▄███
             ▄███▌ █
            ▀▀▀██▄  █
          ▄███▄▄ ▀▀▀█
         █ █████▀▀▀▄▄
        ▄██ ███▄    █
       ▐███▀   ▀█   █
       ████     █   █
      ▄██▀▄█▄▄▄█▀   █
      ▀▄▄███▌      █
  ▄▄▄▀▀▀████       █
▄▀    ██ ██       █
▐▌     ██▌▐▌      ▀▄
█      ██ █         ▀▄
█      █▀▄▌          █
█   ▄▀█▄██           █
█ ▄▀      ▀▀▄▄▀▄     █
▀▀             █    █
              █  ▄▀
              ▀▄█
     ▀█████████████▄▄
 ▀ ▀▀▀███████████████▌
  ▀ ▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀██████         ▄███████▄      ▄▄███████▄    ▄███▄    ▄███▄ ▄███▄      ▄███▄
▀ ▀▀▀▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▌       ▄████▀▀▀████▄   ▐████▀▀█████   ▀████▄ ▄████▀ █████▄    ▄█████
   ▀▀███████████████▀       █████     ████▌          ████▌    ▀████████▀    █████▄  ▄█████▌
  ▀ ▀████████████████▀ ▀    ██████████████▌   ▄▄██████████     ▄██████▄      █████▄▄█████▌
    ██████      ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀ █████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    █████▀▀▀█████    ▄████████▄      ██████████▌
    ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▄ ▄    ████▄▄   ▄▄█▄   ████▄  ▄█████ ▄█████▀▀█████▄     ████████▌
    █████████████████▀        ▀███████████   ▀████████████  ████▀    ▀████      ██████▌
    ██████████████▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀    ▀▀        ▀▀        █████
                                                                               ▄█████
                                                                           ▄███████▀
                                                                           ▀████▀▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
|█████████████████
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
  WHITEPAPER 
 LIGHTPAPER
|Instant Deposit
✓ 24/7 Support
Referral Program
Xialla
Legendary

Activity: 1036

/dev/null

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 09:20:15 AM

Merchants are sick of money hungry payment processors. Every merchant should accept Bitcoin payments.

THIS^^

there are so many payment processors, so many mobile applications, so many fees, logins, credit cards, payment gateways...why should anybody use another one. well maybe because it is apple and there are lot of fangays around which are using all possible apple services..but I hope that majority will simply refuse this money sucking system from greedy corp.
louise123

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 09:40:55 AM

Merchants are sick of money hungry payment processors. Every merchant should accept Bitcoin payments.

THIS^^

there are so many payment processors, so many mobile applications, so many fees, logins, credit cards, payment gateways...why should anybody use another one. well maybe because it is apple and there are lot of fangays around which are using all possible apple services..but I hope that majority will simply refuse this money sucking system from greedy corp.

Although what you say is very true, you need to understand that most merchants keep away from Bitcoin because of it's reputation and it's volatile price.
They want to sell a product for $1 and receive that $1, they don't want to sell a product for $1 and receive $0.80.

██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
                ▄███
             ▄███▌ █
            ▀▀▀██▄  █
          ▄███▄▄ ▀▀▀█
         █ █████▀▀▀▄▄
        ▄██ ███▄    █
       ▐███▀   ▀█   █
       ████     █   █
      ▄██▀▄█▄▄▄█▀   █
      ▀▄▄███▌      █
  ▄▄▄▀▀▀████       █
▄▀    ██ ██       █
▐▌     ██▌▐▌      ▀▄
█      ██ █         ▀▄
█      █▀▄▌          █
█   ▄▀█▄██           █
█ ▄▀      ▀▀▄▄▀▄     █
▀▀             █    █
              █  ▄▀
              ▀▄█
     ▀█████████████▄▄
 ▀ ▀▀▀███████████████▌
                                                                               ▄█████
                                                                           ▄███████▀
                                                                           ▀████▀▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
|█████████████████
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
  WHITEPAPER 
 LIGHTPAPER
|Instant Deposit
✓ 24/7 Support
Referral Program
umairsaleem

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 11:06:25 AM

Apple pay is service not a currency and storage of wealth, totally different but definitely a bit of a bummer.

Really? No matter Apple pay is a currency or not, Apple Pay is much better(much more users than Bitcoin) than Bitcoin, this is the reality.
medUSA
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1003

--Signature Designs-- http://bit.ly/1Pjbx77

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2015, 11:34:11 AM

ApplePay is a gateway, Bitcoin is a currency. In theory, ApplePay can accept Bitcoin as payment. They are not a direct competitor. Market share wise, ApplePay is only available for iPhone 6 users and previous iPhone users need to buy an Apple watch. Bitcoin can be implemented on any mobile phone, can be used on a desktop computer, and can now be linked a credit card/debit card. I believe Bitcoin potentially has a much wider footprint than ApplePay.
NUFCrichard
Legendary

Activity: 1218

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 12:54:05 PM

How can Apple pay really ever be globally accepted?  I could possibly imagine that it would be adopted as a 'one of many' digital payment system, a bit like we all accept Visa or Mastercard now.
But I don't have an iPhone, I don't want to have an iPhone so I will not be able to use Apple Pay.  It seems to basically be a contactless payment system, which have already be adopted into cards, so why do I need a massive expensive phone to do the same thing?

Bitcoin is completely different to Apple Pay.  It isn't a way to pay in USD, it is a new monetary system.  It is the next step, we went from Metals, to Metal backed currency, to unbacked currency and we will then go to protocol back cryptocurrency.  Don't mix the 2 things up because they can both work on your phone.
b-trading

Activity: 434

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 01:12:40 PM

I dont even know the concept about apple pay ?...Apple , Let it be just the manufacture of smartphone...if apple think they can expand their bussines in anything including in payment gateway they are wrong...to win fight against Bitcoin it is not a simple think than you can sell your ipone with a very expensive price...i dont interesting about apple...iphone...There is nothing special about it
fox19891989

Activity: 840

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 02:24:11 PM

Both of these technologies, bitcoin and Apple Pay, will likely meet a high degree of success. In the long-term however, it remains clear to us that open, independent systems which allow the free movement of information will rise to the top.

No traditional corporation looking for monopolization and centralization will find success in the information age. Instead, look for systems which comprise networks of computers to formulate some of the largest monopolies in history, yet do so while excluding no one and making information fully transparent.
hellyeah

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 02:36:22 PM

Sorry if this was answered before but, when did Apple make a payment service?
I am not an Apple fan so it's the first I have heard of this.

╲╲ ╲╲ COINOMAT.COM ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
╱╱ ╱╱ First Instant Crypto Exchange                              Sign Up Now!                    Visit our Facebook & Twitter
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 02:56:22 PM

Apple Pay has huge potential due simply being something that Apple made. Apple could brand a box full of shit and it would still be a success. Such is the sheeple.
Jeremycoin
Legendary

Activity: 1022

𝓗𝓞𝓓𝓛

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 03:11:10 PM

Close this thread, it's obviously that no one support the Apple Pay. Because you posted in the wrong site, this is Bitcointalk not Appletalk. So, Bitcoin will be the winner here  Cheesy

faucet used to be profitable
Possum577

Activity: 434

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2015, 06:58:38 PM

I think a better question is - who from the bitcoin community is working with Apple to have them accept BTC on the Apple Pay transaction network?

It would certainly be easy for some bitcoin folks in the Bay Area to get a meeting with Apple, has anyone heard rumors of this sort?

The more bitcoin becomes a currency of choice the more transaction services like Apple Pay, Venmo, and the godfather PayPal will find it critical to include the digital currency as an option. It's all about how many transactions can they get, right now bitcoin doesn't have enough transactions to make it viable for inclusion.

Just my BTC0.12376...

MoneyIsDebt

Activity: 642
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 07:05:12 PM

I think a better question is - who from the bitcoin community is working with Apple to have them accept BTC on the Apple Pay transaction network?

It would certainly be easy for some bitcoin folks in the Bay Area to get a meeting with Apple, has anyone heard rumors of this sort?

The more bitcoin becomes a currency of choice the more transaction services like Apple Pay, Venmo, and the godfather PayPal will find it critical to include the digital currency as an option. It's all about how many transactions can they get, right now bitcoin doesn't have enough transactions to make it viable for inclusion.

Just my BTC0.12376...

A few bitcoin debit cards have been attempted - but one could make a completely virtual one, and make it work with Apple Pay (the card provider needs to work it out with Apple, just as the banks do). Then a real physical card wouldn't be needed, reducing the cost of making such a venture.
And voila, you've solved the number one problem with Apple Pay today - namely that it's NOT a global system. It only works with certain banks, and only in a few countries.
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 07:20:06 PM

Economy is a complex system. Bitcoin is the lightning bolt and the wind that will morph into something much bigger.
Apple Pay is the same old shit rebranded.
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 08:09:49 PM

OK, we have :

Apple pay with
- a smartphone (500 USD)
- with scanned credit card
- with KYC
- with restricted volume per day, per week, per month
- with NFC
- with POS at merchand with fees (high) with fees on volume (very high) with location of POS with analogic line needed.

and the other side

Bitcoin with
- a smartphone ... (100 USD)
- and a smartphone
- with Wifi (or 3G) ...
and ? well, nothing more.

People are dumb.
Very.
jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2015, 08:11:43 PM

People are dumb.
Very.

You sound quite surprised Wink Sheeple have no brain of their own.
boopy265420
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 08:13:48 PM

Economy is a complex system. Bitcoin is the lightning bolt and the wind that will morph into something much bigger.
Apple Pay is the same old shit rebranded.
I can't disagree with this statement ^.I would like to add little more with these words there is no comparison between Bitcoin and Apple pay.Apple pay will never ever be able to succeed as this represent old failed money system but Bitcoin will change everything in coming years.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: