Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 08:45:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin vs Apple Pay  (Read 2997 times)
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 08:24:54 PM

I don't want to rain down on the parade, but you should also ask yourself; how many people got scammed using apple pay, and how many by using bitcoin [in percentages of current users, to get fair result]
Bitcoin is a great concept, but it also has  a lot of security issues, especially with people who are not tech-savvy,as they are the first to fall for wallet stealers and phishing.
In the end, both of the given two options are kind of bad.. atleast for now.

cheers
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2015, 09:19:26 PM

amiryaqot
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 09:50:18 PM

that is the greatest comparison of in great words BTCitcoin is available for masses too but Apple pay can be used only IPhone to IPhone so BTCitcoin is has restriction to use it and transaction fee is like to send it for free.
nachoig

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 10:36:45 PM
Last edit: May 15, 2015, 10:54:19 PM by nachoig

Apple pay is service not a currency and storage of wealth, totally different but definitely a bit of a bummer.

Really? No matter Apple pay is a currency or not, Apple Pay is much better(much more users than Bitcoin) than Bitcoin, this is the reality.

Hey, I'm just an individual from some random part of this planet with an internet connection and a computer with a Bitcoin wallet. If I want to send money to you, I just need your BTC address

But with Apple Pay, how can I do this?  Roll Eyes

Apple Pay fights in a different niche. It's a complementary technology to credit/debit cards, and depends of them to exist. It's more like the side chains to Bitcoin.

The discussion in the OP could be Credit cards x Physical cash x Eletronic cash.
RitzBitzz

Activity: 331

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 11:24:02 PM

Apply pay is just paypal rebranded with a new hipster look.
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 09:08:03 AM

that is the greatest comparison of in great words BTCitcoin is available for masses too but Apple pay can be used only IPhone to IPhone so BTCitcoin is has restriction to use it and transaction fee is like to send it for free.

And now we only need to teach people how to use bitcoin en masse. Currently it is to complicated, and thats why people use Apple pay more than bitcoin.
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 10:21:28 PM

I love those visual comparations like this, really explainatory and is something you can show to your average joe friends clueless about BTC and how does it compare to so called alternatives.
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 10:53:11 PM

Currently it is to complicated, and thats why people use Apple pay more than bitcoin.

People don't use Apple Pay because of Bitcoin ... they use NFC card ... because Apple Pay push this in the last 6 months.  Grin

------------
DEAD END
------------
BlackMachine

Activity: 208
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 04:39:18 AM

Apple pay is no more than a normal credit card. People use them just because its cool and they are accepted like credit cards. Bitcoin is less widely used.

BlitzandBitz

Activity: 248
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 04:50:48 AM

Apple pay is no more than a normal credit card. People use them just because its cool and they are accepted like credit cards. Bitcoin is less widely used.

All the white girls with their iphones prefer to use starbucks and since starbucks doesn't accept bitcoin apple pay will be the big thing for them.
Sitarow
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 05:07:43 AM

All the white girls with their iphones prefer to use starbucks and since starbucks doesn't accept bitcoin apple pay will be the big thing for them.

Nah...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRf9qeclm10
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 08:28:54 AM

heh revive this thread...saw this today ...article....apple pay starting to look like a 'flop' heh Smiley

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/apple-pay-showing-signs-could-214558347.html

considering I'm reviving this thread after 120 days this could very well be true! (always the last to know I am) Smiley

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Blue_Tiger73

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 08:36:32 AM

There was never a debate and there never will be. Bitcoin is the easy winner over the 2. Bitcoin is so much easier than apple pay. I have barely even heard of Apple pay compared to Bitcoin, the best and most popular cryptocurrency. I think you can tell who is the clear winner.
Blue_Tiger73

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 08:39:49 AM

Sorry what did you say. Apple pay is more widely used than Bitcoin, nice joke bro. In Australia, there is no sight of apple pay. Bitcoin is also not very widespread but more than apple pay at least.
iopq

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 08:56:57 AM

The website you hosted this image on is not friendly to ad-blockers. If anyone else is having difficulty viewing this image, temporarily disable ad block on that page.
MaxTax

Activity: 322

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 10:00:59 AM

I've never even heard of Apply Pay until I read this. There's no competition between Apple Pay and Bitcoin though.

Both are two different things. I guess I could compare Apple Pay to something like PayPal and bitcoin is just bitcoin, a currency.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: