Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 05:51:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Google Is the New Evil Empire  (Read 11309 times)
mtnsaa
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 07:19:04 PM

I don't know really, please help me. I don't think you lose your ownership of course, they were created by you, but they acquire the rights to do whatever with it really. They don't or do just what people tolerate and it ask you first, like using it in ads.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 07:32:18 PM
Last edit: September 29, 2015, 07:48:36 PM by Wilikon

I don't know really, please help me. I don't think you lose your ownership of course, they were created by you, but they acquire the rights to do whatever with it really. They don't or do just what people tolerate and it ask you first, like using it in ads.

Can Pepsi call facebook and negotiate the licence of the image you took, for their next worldwide advertising campaign? If you do not know the details, then you are a product.

Nothing personal and I respect your opinion.

mtnsaa
Legendary

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 07:40:07 PM

Please don't get me wrong, your position is the correct one, the wise one and it's the way it should be. But it's like saying we should make people care about climate change. They care a little, like when Snowden put his life on the line for and thought he was saving the world. Fifteen minutes later everybody was watching something else or booking a trip to the other side of the world. Nobody cares, life's too short and privacy doesn't matter because most people doesn't matter, not in terms of human values, but in terms of what they do and produce.

A dentist or a plumber, do they really have some amazing inherent information value besides what products can you sell them? They don't and so they don't matter, and they don't care.
Racey
Legendary

Activity: 1134

Soon, I have to go away.

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 07:52:13 PM

I find this strange when searching on Google.

As you can see I am not searching for anything malicious so why do I get this message?

For sure it must be a keyword that is flagged, but who makes these assumptions that makes me look suspicious?

And its gone.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 08:01:56 PM

Please don't get me wrong, your position is the correct one, the wise one and it's the way it should be. But it's like saying we should make people care about climate change. They care a little, like when Snowden put his life on the line for and thought he was saving the world. Fifteen minutes later everybody was watching something else or booking a trip to the other side of the world. Nobody cares, life's too short and privacy doesn't matter because most people doesn't matter, not in terms of human values, but in terms of what they do and produce.

A dentist or a plumber, do they really have some amazing inherent information value besides what products can you sell them? They don't and so they don't matter, and they don't care.

If a dentist kills a lion the whole world cares. Instantly. Then forget about it. Instantly. Until the next crisis. How come snowden is not the lion? You are talking about Global Warming. You seem to know about adobe products and designing. For one straight week seek what you've learn to be the signs of propaganda. If you see none then good for you. If you see some but you believe this is propaganda for a good cause, then you are a product. The mass is fed with numbing, stupid, useless stories via facebook or a twitter feed. People with an independent mind can sort it out. This is why Counter-current swimming is hard. But when you give up, you become a product.

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 08:04:52 PM

As you can see I am not searching for anything malicious so why do I get this message?

For sure it must be a keyword that is flagged, but who makes these assumptions that makes me look suspicious?

Do you have an anti malware installed? Windows or OSX? Browser?. Shut down your machine. Reboot. Use www.startpage.com and do the same exact search and compare the results.
Jamie90

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 08:10:02 PM

https://i.imgur.com/6fy7uK7.png
I get this message all the time.  If you are using a public wifi (Starbucks, university, etc) or a proxy or VPN service you will get this message.

It has nothing to do with what you are searching, it has to do with the amount of search requests coming from the ISP you are connected to.  
Racey
Legendary

Activity: 1134

Soon, I have to go away.

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 06:10:24 PM

I get this message all the time.  If you are using a public wifi (Starbucks, university, etc) or a proxy or VPN service you will get this message.

It has nothing to do with what you are searching, it has to do with the amount of search requests coming from the ISP you are connected to.  

@Wilikon   I have anti malware running in the background all the time, nothing to report, even a full ESET smart scan over night was clean.

@Jamie90  I guess you was right, I had three pages searching at the same time, I must have made about fifty or so searches.
Also my browser is using a proxy  Wink

And its gone.
mtnsaa
Legendary

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 06:34:19 PM

If a dentist kills a lion the whole world cares. Instantly. Then forget about it. Instantly. Until the next crisis. How come snowden is not the lion? You are talking about Global Warming. You seem to know about adobe products and designing. For one straight week seek what you've learn to be the signs of propaganda. If you see none then good for you. If you see some but you believe this is propaganda for a good cause, then you are a product. The mass is fed with numbing, stupid, useless stories via facebook or a twitter feed. People with an independent mind can sort it out. This is why Counter-current swimming is hard. But when you give up, you become a product.

That's the point actually, I'm no stranger to swimming against the current...and you won't succeed. This is not to say one should give up, it's just acknowledging the fact that the current goes one way because it's supposed to. We can change only so much at once, if you know history it's very clear, revolutions are always needed but they don't change intrinsic human nature, and most just fail.

The dentist did indeed killed a lion, did Facebook/Google actually sold the photo to the media or to sell ads for Peta? There's not a single evidence of any of these companies not respecting their customers privacy, it will be their instant downfall. If the dentist had this trophy photo with the lion in a private album or google drive and the company leaked it or sold it, then the public will react accordingly, I don't have any doubts. Just look what happened to Volkswagen when there is dishonesty. But that didn't happen, so this thread is like conspiracy theorists saying the government wants to enslave you and kill you (that's actually quite accurate if you think about it though haha).
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 09:25:31 PM

That's the point actually, I'm no stranger to swimming against the current...and you won't succeed. This is not to say one should give up, it's just acknowledging the fact that the current goes one way because it's supposed to. We can change only so much at once, if you know history it's very clear, revolutions are always needed but they don't change intrinsic human nature, and most just fail.

The dentist did indeed killed a lion, did Facebook/Google actually sold the photo to the media or to sell ads for Peta? There's not a single evidence of any of these companies not respecting their customers privacy, it will be their instant downfall. If the dentist had this trophy photo with the lion in a private album or google drive and the company leaked it or sold it, then the public will react accordingly, I don't have any doubts. Just look what happened to Volkswagen when there is dishonesty. But that didn't happen, so this thread is like conspiracy theorists saying the government wants to enslave you and kill you (that's actually quite accurate if you think about it though haha).

Sounds like I should keep this thread up to date for a little while then...

Cheesy

mtnsaa
Legendary

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 10:31:58 PM

Haha...we are saying the same thing really just from different positions! The problem is that to me is pointless to argue about how these institutions do business. The government and companies really want to enslave us all BUT "just" for profit that's it, haha. They want to sell us products, raise our taxes, etc. That's all there is but they won't kill "The Goose That Laid the Golden Eggs". One can argue that we are doing that ourselves, I just don't see the alternative really, there's no refuge in this earth, it's all taken. Maybe on Mars?
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 10:32:32 PM

Start watching @51 min for around 10, 15min
https://youtu.be/aA5yGJ4Rj-g?t=51m6s

Never give up.

mtnsaa
Legendary

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 01:54:11 AM
Last edit: October 01, 2015, 03:32:08 AM by mtnsaa

Allright, now you are losing me. There are no conspiracies, if they are, they are about making money and gain power, that's it (I make it sound so small hehe!). There's no evil masterplan of evil lizards controlling the world. This is the old discussion between 1984 and Brave New World. To me after Nazi Germany and Communism, 1984 is not possible, at least in our age. Brave New World on the other hand is actually the world where we live in right now, and in many years when ethical taboos about genetics and medicine start to crumble we'll actually order perfect babies, have perfect drugs and sex to finally die perfect deaths. And the moral of the story is of course, we the people wanted this, it was not forced upon us by some evil corporations.

Bitcoin is a great technology, with the potential of being the new Internet and redefine our economic system. But concentration of power and regulations are still needed, like we need other things that are "bad" on the surface, they are necessary evils. Oil companies are not developing electric cars not because they are evil, it's because they are EXPENSIVE to produce! When the technology is there, they will be the first to jump onboard because these are people in positions of power. But it's just not profitable yet and oil is still cheap.

I really understand your position, it's not wrong at all but it's thinking way ahead where our most important problems as humans are gone. We'll be free of many of these issues when money, food and energy become non-factors. Maybe we can see it before we die, who knows, a new technology or alternative energy is found and the world changes, we are living in an era of great development that's for sure.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 03:23:30 AM

Allright, now you are losing me. There are no conspiracies, if they are, they are about making money and gain power, that's it (I make it sound so small hehe!). There's no evil masterplan of evil lizards controlling the world. This is the old discussion between 1984 and Brave New World. To me after Nazi Germany and Communism, 1984 is not possible, at least in our age. Brave New World on the other hand is actually the world where we live in right now, and in many years when ethical taboos about genetics and medicine start to crumble we'll actually order perfect babies, have perfect drugs and sex to finally die perfect deaths. And the moral of the story is of course, we the people wanted this, it was not forced upon us by some evil corporations.

Bitcoin is a great technology, with the potential of being the new Internet and redefine our economic system. But concentration of power and regulations are still needed, like we need other things that are "bad" on the surface, they are necessary evils. Oil companies are not developing electric cars not because they are evil, it's because they are EXPENSIVE to produce! When the technologies is there, they will be the first to jump onboard because these are people in positions of power. But it's just not profitable yet and oil is still cheap.

I really understand your position, it's not wrong at all but it's thinking way ahead where our most important problems as humans are gone. We'll be free of many of these issues when money, food and energy become non-factors. Maybe we can see it before we die, who knows, a new technology or alternative energy is found and the world changes, we are living in an era of great development that's for sure.

http://www.businessballs.com/nudge-theory.htm

The concentration of power, if it is totally opaque, is not needed and should be rejected.

mtnsaa
Legendary

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 03:56:55 AM

That was a great read, thanks. Like I said, I agree on the points and examples but I'm a little cynical as you see. I admire your optimism and I know you are right in your logic. To me, a paradigm shift be it from Bitcoin or having decentralized institutions will only happen after the current ones collapse because of their own mistakes. And I'm not yet convinced of how a decentralized system will be better than what we have, for example Bitcoin itself, it generates many doubts while being amazingly innovative. One have to admit pros and cons from both sides.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 04:39:26 PM

That was a great read, thanks. Like I said, I agree on the points and examples but I'm a little cynical as you see. I admire your optimism and I know you are right in your logic. To me, a paradigm shift be it from Bitcoin or having decentralized institutions will only happen after the current ones collapse because of their own mistakes. And I'm not yet convinced of how a decentralized system will be better than what we have, for example Bitcoin itself, it generates many doubts while being amazingly innovative. One have to admit pros and cons from both sides.

This is what I am wearing right now so to stay protected from google's evil internet rays...
http://s7.postimg.org/nd9z0kbln/image.jpg

We can't imagine what we don't know yet: attempts at projecting a future paradigm shift will fail. It is like asking a caterpillar to imagine and describe how it will feel to fly around as a butterfly. The caterpillar will have a description of the future that will end up looking like this:
http://s1.postimg.org/hknbmygu7/image.jpg

Every organism evolves in a defensive or offensive mode. The bitcoin concept goes beyond money as a reaction to what is happening now. Bitcoin is the antibody, a counter reaction.

Our back and fourth makes sens to us because we a both caterpillars...

Lenore

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 06:23:26 PM

I use google for just about everything.  Getting away from them would be a great idea though.

Ever since i seen the news on how they were being re structured and such it made me wonder why.  They say it is for business but I believe it may be but I really do also believe they have an alternative motive.  What that may be I truly do not know.

But I can not see them gathering all the information that they do JUST for marketing.  I think they may have other ideas in mind.  If not now but maybe in the future.

I really dont know what to say.

Besides, I DONT TRUST EMM, and I think the distrust is right up there with our own government.

EDIT: Awesome, just realized this post got me to my member level.   Nice.

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 06:50:22 PM

I use google for just about everything.  Getting away from them would be a great idea though.

Ever since i seen the news on how they were being re structured and such it made me wonder why.  They say it is for business but I believe it may be but I really do also believe they have an alternative motive.  What that may be I truly do not know.

But I can not see them gathering all the information that they do JUST for marketing.  I think they may have other ideas in mind.  If not now but maybe in the future.

I really dont know what to say.

Besides, I DONT TRUST EMM, and I think the distrust is right up there with our own government.

EDIT: Awesome, just realized this post got me to my member level.   Nice.

Hey Hello new member! Don't forget we exist because the bitcointalk.org God lets us. Relax and enjoy the ride...

Cheesy

bloods-n-cryptos

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 06:53:56 PM

I like Google, but generally the larger an organization grows the more difficulty it becomes to resist government meddling, until it grows large enough to step into the shoes of the governments it serves.

Large centralized entities inevitably become a threat to free people...or assist those that are a threat to free people.  Decentralized autonomous entities  could be the fix. 

Maybe.

Any information provided in my posts is for educational purposes only and is not to be considered legal advice, but you already knew that.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 07:01:51 PM

I like Google, but generally the larger an organization grows the more difficulty it becomes to resist government meddling, until it grows large enough to step into the shoes of the governments it serves.

Large centralized entities inevitably become a threat to free people...or assist those that are a threat to free people.  Decentralized autonomous entities  could be the fix. 

Maybe.

This generation and the one before it have been fed into believing the concept of self and privacy are old, dead memes.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: