Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 12:35:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can I trust BTC exchanges?  (Read 21686 times)
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 09:29:16 AM

Some time its not work as happen to me I was new and deposit all money in Mintpal they was very good and trustworthy but suddenly run and never came back here or any where

Mintpal was sold to a scumbag as far as I know. Just goes to show that you have to stay on top of the information surrounding exchanges too if you choose to trust them, which no one should be doing anyway. Exchanges are run by regular folks. Some of them get bored. Some aren't making any money. Some are made offers they can't refuse.

Mintpal was a fantastic altcoin exchange, but the original owners sold it due to a lot problems and with the fact in mind that they knew holding the exchange was no option as it would fail anyway due to the lack of funds and interest from them. They are also responsible for the damage the new exchange owners have caused. They sold it to anyone, just to get rid of it, witout thinking about the users that had plenty of coins there.
Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 09:34:42 AM

Some time its not work as happen to me I was new and deposit all money in Mintpal they was very good and trustworthy but suddenly run and never came back here or any where

Mintpal was sold to a scumbag as far as I know. Just goes to show that you have to stay on top of the information surrounding exchanges too if you choose to trust them, which no one should be doing anyway. Exchanges are run by regular folks. Some of them get bored. Some aren't making any money. Some are made offers they can't refuse.

Mintpal was a fantastic altcoin exchange, but the original owners sold it due to a lot problems and with the fact in mind that they knew holding the exchange was no option as it would fail anyway due to the lack of funds and interest from them. They are also responsible for the damage the new exchange owners have caused. They sold it to anyone, just to get rid of it, witout thinking about the users that had plenty of coins there.

I do miss Mintpal. I have traded quite a lot over there. And the exchange worked flawlessly with the old owners. All of the problems started when  they have sold it as the posters above have written.

It's crazy that at the end, only Poloniex, Btc38 and maybe Bittrex have survived and are still functioning very reliably. All of the other alt coin exchanges are pretty much gone in my opinion or with a lot 9f problems.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 09:42:56 AM

I do miss Mintpal. I have traded quite a lot over there. And the exchange worked flawlessly with the old owners. All of the problems started when  they have sold it as the posters above have written.

It's crazy that at the end, only Poloniex, Btc38 and maybe Bittrex have survived and are still functioning very reliably. All of the other alt coin exchanges are pretty much gone in my opinion or with a lot 9f problems.

Yeah! Mintpal was by far the best altcoin exchange. I remember the huge volumes they had, on some days their 24H volume even went over 10,000BTC. And the coins that were about to get a Mintpal listing were pumped to shit on other exchanges  Cheesy Good old times.
fissionerosion

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 10:05:10 AM

sometimes you can trust but sho sould research that exchange site.
confirmation120

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 11:19:45 AM

dont keep your money in there

lost 2 btc this way
SunnyIgor

Activity: 353
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 02:10:25 PM

I would like some percentage of my bitcoin to sell, at these recent peaks and the leave money on the exange.
And buy back when we are all in despair again, which site are recommend?
Sometimes it takes a couple of months before I will buy back.
I will off course set up 2 way authenticator.
Kraken any good?
It needs to be anonymous, and can't withdraw to my personal bank account in the mean time.
trinaldao
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

Post your ann & bounty just contact me

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2015, 02:16:41 PM

lost 2 btc this way

can you share your experiences lose 2btc ?
where you lose your bitcoin?

Btc-e ? bitstamp ? bitfinex?

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 04:07:33 PM

It's to be expected really. I'm sure lots of dreamers decided running an exchange would be a fun and painless idea. They'd quickly realise you need serious commitment to make one work properly and a decent income to justify the time expended.
techsuvidha

Activity: 349
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 05:11:00 PM

I suggest to do trades with trusted exchange which is established/registered in your Home Country! The best part is in case of any dispute, you can claim them through your local authorities!
prodigy8

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 05:44:15 PM

lost 2 btc this way

I lost few bitcoins too, when i wanted to exchange doge to bitcoin.
Made an order with a extremely high price then the price was pumped and it was converted to bitcoin.
When i got up i saw the exchange website has gone offline Sad, so no trust at all to them.
knowhow

Activity: 560

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 05:44:37 PM

It's to be expected really. I'm sure lots of dreamers decided running an exchange would be a fun and painless idea. They'd quickly realise you need serious commitment to make one work properly and a decent income to justify the time expended.

Well i guess most exchanges had made their profit and the work involved to keep the income were getting bigger ,and well some bugs ,problems,i only use poloniex to manage my principal funds,i know the others but till the moment only poloniex has my trust at the moment.Im not saying the others arent safe ,but im dont need to log in there even having accounts .
Hellacopter

Activity: 742

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 12:02:01 AM

I suggest to do trades with trusted exchange which is established/registered in your Home Country! The best part is in case of any dispute, you can claim them through your local authorities!

The problem that in many countries there is no such established exchangers using Bitcoin, or exchanging it , so in this countries people will need for sure to use the online exchangers, no other choice
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 06:25:24 AM

what if there are none? i'm forced to go with some abroad exchange, which i think is the case for many here

i think as long as you use famous exchange there will be no problem, just don't let your coins sit there, or convert them to fiat, all exchange should be insured against fiat fraud but not btc
Mickeyb

Activity: 798

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 10:03:23 AM

It's either that or they have become very greedy during the time running their exchange by seeing all the funds that they have a control off.

You know, even when people get into exchange business with right intentions, shaking a lot of money in front off their nose changes their honesty quite a lot sometimes.
knowhow

Activity: 560

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 12:03:14 AM

There is just some good exchanges and reputables businessmans running them ,using new exchanges can turn the new scam history.
jt byte

Activity: 994

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 01:41:20 PM

Well there is always a risk sending to someone else that you don't know.
Especially to exchanges, as we know there have been many hacks recently.
Personally i use time by time YoBit and until now it is working good.
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 06:43:11 PM

There is just some good exchanges and reputables businessmans running them ,using new exchanges can turn the new scam history.

people get wiser over time and stop using new exchanges that promise you interest rates and such. better stick with existing large exchanges and you'll be fine.
Cereberus
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 06:46:43 PM

With all the things in the news lately with Cryptsy, why would anybody want to put any trust in exchanges when they have the power to lock your account and ruin off with your money?

██    ██    ██    ██
  ██    ██    ██    ██
██    ██    ██    ██
              ██    ██
            ██    ██
          ██    ██
        ██    ██
      ██    ██       
    ██    ██    ██    ██
  ██    ██    ██    ██
██    ██    ██    ██
TRADEPLAYZ
█ 
█ 
█     
█  █
█  █ 
█  █ 
█  █
    █  █
  █  █
  █  █
        █
    █
      █   
TOURNAMENT PVP SYSTEM
  FACEBOOK |  TWITTER  |  LINKEDIN  |  TELEGRAM  |  GITHUB  |  ANN  | INSTAGRAM 

█ 
█ 
█     
█  █
█  █ 
█  █ 
█  █
    █  █
  █  █
  █  █
        █
    █
      █   

█▄
                     ████▄
                     ██████▄
                     ████████▄
                     ██████████▄
                     ████████████▄
                     ██████████████▄
                     ███████████████
                     ██████████████▀
                     ████████████▀
                     ██████████▀
                     ████████▀
                     ██████▀
                     ████▀
                     █
█▀
GOOGLE PLAY

▄█████████████▄
                            ███████████████
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            ██████▀▀▀██████
                             ▀████▄▄▄▄████▀
  APPSTORE
number_46

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 01:28:16 PM

i don't think so

i lost around 1 btc when bter hacked.

and right now, after trading, if wanna go around, just WD my coin
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 07:24:23 AM

With all the things in the news lately with Cryptsy, why would anybody want to put any trust in exchanges when they have the power to lock your account and ruin off with your money?

it must be said that cryptsy is one of the few exchange tha never got hacked, and they have a nice volume, to they have an overkill security

but it seems that it is working, seeing how they were not violated even once
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: