Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:51:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: US Warships in Yemen. Why?  (Read 985 times)
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 04:24:05 AM

Although Saudi Arabia just announced the end of its bombing campaign against Yemen -- they seem to have run out of targets -- the US administration is still sending more warships to the region. They are needed, it is claimed, to prevent Iran from supplying the Houthis in Yemen. How true is this US claim? Watch the Ron Paul Liberty Report to find out!

Ron talks about it for 10 mins...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2LXG8yFtQA
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ajaxmoor
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 08:01:07 AM

There excuse of ships being there to intercept potential shipments of weapons doesn't justify them having 7-8 ships there. Also do they even have the authority to have them there and interfere ?
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 08:41:31 AM

They used to have authority everywhere they want it, unless you you have more ships (with matching performance) there.
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2015, 08:42:33 AM

To waste as many trillions of taxpayer dollars as possible.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
satashito

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 11:34:27 AM

Maybe for supporting Saudi Arabia subtract.
Is it possible?
Snail2
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 11:58:26 AM

BTW have they rescued the US citizens who got stuck in Yemen?
Salomon12

Activity: 78

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 12:02:19 PM

if they already have a couple ships in the area, then having a Aircraft Carrier is overkill. Saudi and Egypt have already sent ships so there's a lot of Naval presence there. Definitely ulterior motives in place and flexing their strength to the world.

What is the cost associated with having one of these Aircraft Carriers out on the sea for a day or week etc. Can anyone with knowledge give some insight?
Salomon12

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 12:03:35 PM

No, i think they were left stranded and other nations are helping to evacuate them.  Undecided
Snail2
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 12:04:17 PM

if they already have a couple ships in the area, then having a Aircraft Carrier is overkill. Saudi and Egypt have already sent ships so there's a lot of Naval presence there. Definitely ulterior motives in place and flexing their strength to the world.

What is the cost associated with having one of these Aircraft Carriers out on the sea for a day or week etc. Can anyone with knowledge give some insight?

From Wiki: "The daily operating cost of a carrier strike group is estimated at $6.5 million."
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 03:22:46 PM

The real intention of the US warships might be to protect the crude oil shipments which are passing through the strait of Bab el-Mandeb. Around 4 million barrels of crude oil are transported through that strait every day.
Salomon12

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 03:31:54 PM

From Wiki: "The daily operating cost of a carrier strike group is estimated at $6.5 million."

So... the US has I believe 10 Aircraft Carriers with possibly 4 in active engagement. That would mean 4 groups cost $26 million USD per day. Does the US even have that type of money or are they going to continue to increase their debt.
Snail2
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 03:49:08 PM
Last edit: April 22, 2015, 09:16:33 PM by Snail2

So... the US has I believe 10 Aircraft Carriers with possibly 4 in active engagement. That would mean 4 groups cost $26 million USD per day. Does the US even have that type of money or are they going to continue to increase their debt.

This cost is for the entire carrier strike group. (1 carrier with up to 70 aircraft, 1 cruiser and at least 2 destroyers or frigates)
10 fleet carriers and 9 smaller (but still about the size of a WW2 battleship) amphibious assault carriers. So they must pay some hefty running costs.
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 03:52:33 PM

There excuse of ships being there to intercept potential shipments of weapons doesn't justify them having 7-8 ships there. Also do they even have the authority to have them there and interfere ?

Authority.. do you think the pigs that lead america give a damn about "authority"?
BitMos

Activity: 182
Merit: 123

"PLEASE SCULPT YOUR SHIT BEFORE THROWING. Thank U"

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 07:19:55 PM

Authority.. do you think the pigs that lead america give a damn about "authority"?

they only want a seat on the Lolita express, the rest is to fuck while you discuss kim ass or what ever bs they feed you. pikers, slaves, surrendered.

money is faster...
sherbyspark

Activity: 910

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 07:39:48 PM

So much hate for America everywhere.

Last I read, they didn't and requested other nations like India and Russia to help with the evacuations, and also requested their own citizens to contact the embassies of these countries. I am surprised they have the money to get warships in the area but not money to get their own people out of the country.

The real intention of the US warships might be to protect the crude oil shipments which are passing through the strait of Bab el-Mandeb. Around 4 million barrels of crude oil are transported through that strait every day.

Very much a possibility, I heard that Saudi wanted control, so that their import/export shipments do not get blocked as they come through that area.
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 07:42:26 PM

Last I read, they didn't and requested other nations like India and Russia to help with the evacuations, and also requested their own citizens to contact the embassies of these countries. I am surprised they have the money to get warships in the area but not money to get their own people out of the country.

Very much a possibility, I heard that Saudi wanted control, so that their import/export shipments do not get blocked as they come through that area.

It's only the leaders or America I dislike.  The country is filled with a lot of great people, A LOT of great people.  It is a shame the leaders decimate the image of America so badly.
BitMos

Activity: 182
Merit: 123

"PLEASE SCULPT YOUR SHIT BEFORE THROWING. Thank U"

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 08:19:36 PM

when you decided to feed me gmo, it was the line, you crossed it, now you are here, Welcome. Then fiat, spying private and public against all, stop me from cancelling orders, impose domination of a few subhuman like Epstein, Clinton and co on 12 years old, 2 millions high level melanin guys in jail for plants, stop intel from selling to their customers... shall I continue or will you surrender only when there is only ash everywhere in America? remember, ash is just an expression... you aren't the stealthy ones... it's bigger, it was a long time... enjoy and again welcome...

money is faster...
Snail2
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 09:26:00 PM

That's quite unusual from the US. Especially because of the States had a couple of warships in the area in that time.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 02:34:11 AM

If the crude exports get disrupted, then the benchmark prices will increase, and Saudi Arabia's and United States'efforts to bring down the crude price, in order to punish Iran and Russia will go to waste. I am sure that both the nations want to avoid rising crude prices.
Nemo1024
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2015, 12:28:29 PM

Russia evacuated some of the US citizens.

US, UK thank Russia for evacuation of their citizens from Yemen
http://rt.com/news/249345-yemen-evacuation-russia-gratitude/

“We feel like we’re left behind. No support. I called every Embassy – all the embassies in Riyadh, in Cairo, in Djibouti – to help me and my family, but they always apologize. They said “help is coming” – but it never came,” an American citizen evacuated on a Russian plane told RT’s Paula Slier. “People now think that Yemeni Americans are like second-class Americans.”

“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”
“We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.”
“It is important to fight and fight again, and keep fighting, for only then can evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated.”
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 03:35:18 PM

U.S. forces are spread thin. They are engaging in most conflicts trying to act like mediators. I wonder if this will turn against them when a real conflict begins and they'll need weeks to move there.

The real conflict will begin when the Houthis engage in direct land war with the Saudis. And trust me, there is a strong chance of that happening very soon. Given the pathetic state of the Saudi Armed Forces (despite hundreds of billions of USD being spent every year on them), I am sure that the US Armed Forces will be compelled to intervene, to secure the Saudi oil output.
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: